No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m a little confused. You’ve tried to make this case a couple of times now but, I’ve never seen the significance. So what if he was an informant?
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      I’m a little confused. You’ve tried to make this case a couple of times now but, I’ve never seen the significance. So what if he was an informant?
      so what if he was an informant? tasked with infiltrating the Trump campaign for the purpose of being the hook for the FBI with their FISA warrant, at the direction of 0bama's DOJ, to be able to spy on the Trump campaign?

think Nixon times 1,000,000. this isn't the bugging an office of the DNC, this is text, emails, phone calls for the entire Trump campaign during the election cycle, and after the election.
      Last edited by Kapture1; May 11, 2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• I just searched ARRA on this forum and Jeff's the only one who used the term before Geezer did. Talk to Jeff, Geezer. Your early-onset dementia has you confused again.
        DSL: Sorry about attributing Jeff's thoughts to you.

BTW, everyone, here's my actual post legitimately quoted below. Now go back and look at how Geezer paraphrased my post a half hour ago. Where did he get ARRA from? I have no idea what it means either because I didn't say it.
        Good lord. Don't get your panties all in a bunch. I understand my mistake gives you opportunity to get payback for the scores of times I have reduced you to a blubbering idiot in an intellectual debate.

So, how about you regaling us with your insights as to what caused the negative real interest rates. You should be able to look it up in your progressive talking points.
        Also, you keep insisting that government salaries must be rapidly expanding in order to make up for the growth lost in the private sector and I provided statistics showing that under Obama's first term, total employment in the Federal govt (not including the military) did not dramatically rise above Bush's numbers, but for a brief spike for the census. Employment in state and local governments, on the other hand, significantly fell during the Obama first term, not in a small part because Republicans have been running 2/3 of the state governments for a few election cycles now.
        Your chart is about federal employees. We are talking about GDP and the calculations that lead to that number. Does your chart include welfare recipients? Does it include those who are on Medicaid? What about SNAP recipients? What about farm subsidies? What about the bureaucrats at the FTC or EPA whose job it was under Obama to stop production in the private sector. If a person receives money from any form of government, that it is exactly the same in GDP terms as increasing pay for a bureaucrat who sits in a cubicle. We are talking GDP! Your nice pat chart doesn't count those who receive half or more of their income directly from the government, but those folks are identical to a teacher or a bureaucrat in terms of GDP.

Obama and his minions were about sending trillions of dollars to non-working or non-productive persons and counting it as GDP.

BTW, fracking came about in spite of Obama, not because of him. Why do you progs insist on tearing out hydroelectric dams? I've never understood that, but I guess you have to do it to placate the environmental movement. As I've said before, the two main pillars of the Democrat/MSM party are public sector unions and the environmentalists. For both, it is ALL about the money.

DSL, What did you do prior to 2011, or was the oilpatch your first job? Teacher maybe?
        Last edited by Da Geezer; May 11, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• DSL:

In response to your request for scholarly treatment of negative real interest rates, the following is the shortest and simplest article I could find. Essentially, Bernanke says that negative real rates can happen when demand drops, although he can't picture why rates could go below zero.

The way to get out of the deflationary cycle that dropping demand causes, according to Bernanke is:

U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or, today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost. By increasing the number of U.S. dollars in circulation, or even by credibly threatening to do so, the U.S. government can also reduce the value of a dollar in terms of goods and services, which is equivalent to raising the prices in dollars of those goods and services. We conclude that, under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation.”

He tried this, but it didn't work in the period 2009-2016. The lowering of demand was caused by the Neighborhood Redevelopment Act-induced housing crash and the underemployment caused by Obamacare. The reason your progressive talking points do not have statistics on underemployment is there is no way to measure it, but requiring small business to cut hours from 40 to 29 for employees had a lot to do with the drop in demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            so what if he was an informant? tasked with infiltrating the Trump campaign for the purpose of being the hook for the FBI with their FISA warrant, at the direction of 0bama's DOJ, to be able to spy on the Trump campaign?

think Nixon times 1,000,000. this isn't the bugging an office of the DNC, this is text, emails, phone calls for the entire Trump campaign during the election cycle, and after the election.
            Oh. Ok I think I got it. You think that Carter Page was an undercover plant to spy on the trump campaign and wasn?t ever involved with the Russians? Ok.

Of course, they wouldn?t need a FISA warrant for him in that case, they?d just listen to his phone calls with permission. But whatever you need to sleep at night.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Why would they want to spy on the campaign? Their candidate was a self destructing, belligerent imbecile. No way would he win, a 500-1 longshot. Many Trump voters believed that (although not Trump supporters). Strategically the Clinton campaign stepped back and let the dumpster fire burn bright. Trump was perceived to be doing more damage on his own, he needed no help. Smirking Obama shared that opinion with the Clinton faction. So why would they even consider something like planting a spy? James Bond couldn't damage Trump in the way Trump was doing himself. A spy makes no sense. Only raging paranoids can see a conspiracy to 'get Trump'.

And yes there is a difference between Trump voters and supporters. For comparison, I would count Kapture as a Trump supporter. One of my best friends was a Trump voter. He despised Hillary with the intensity of a thousands suns and that was his reason for casting for Trump. Today, in an ashamed voice, he regrets his choice. OTOH, Kapture believes today that Trump is an "outstanding" president. All people casting votes are not created equal.

How much that difference makes, if any, will be told at the midterms.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Oh. Ok I think I got it. You think that Carter Page was an undercover plant to spy on the trump campaign and wasn?t ever involved with the Russians? Ok.

Of course, they wouldn?t need a FISA warrant for him in that case, they?d just listen to his phone calls with permission. But whatever you need to sleep at night.
                Yes i do. The Times reported on Page's work with the Russians in the past, but what they didn't report on was that work was his undercover role for the FBI slipping the Russians covert listening devices.

Yes his phone calls but not everyone elses. Three degrees of contact basically covers everyone and everything, including Trump. Remember when Mike Rogers met with Trump during the transition in Trump Tower and the next day the entire transition was working out of his golf course in NJ?

0bama was a bad (or sick) guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Why would they want to spy on the campaign? Their candidate was a self destructing, belligerent imbecile. No way would he win, a 500-1 longshot. Many Trump voters believed that (although not Trump supporters). Strategically the Clinton campaign stepped back and let the dumpster fire burn bright. Trump was perceived to be doing more damage on his own, he needed no help. Smirking Obama shared that opinion with the Clinton faction. So why would they even consider something like planting a spy? James Bond couldn't damage Trump in the way Trump was doing himself. A spy makes no sense. Only raging paranoids can see a conspiracy to 'get Trump'.

And yes there is a difference between Trump voters and supporters. For comparison, I would count Kapture as a Trump supporter. One of my best friends was a Trump voter. He despised Hillary with the intensity of a thousands suns and that was his reason for casting for Trump. Today, in an ashamed voice, he regrets his choice. OTOH, Kapture believes today that Trump is an "outstanding" president. All people casting votes are not created equal.

How much that difference makes, if any, will be told at the midterms.
                  Insurance.

And your friend is just saying that because i can imagine you wont stfu about it.

Comment

Yes i do. The Times reported on Page's work with the Russians in the past, but what they didn't report on was that work was his undercover role for the FBI slipping the Russians covert listening devices.

Yes his phone calls but not everyone elses. Three degrees of contact basically covers everyone and everything, including Trump. Remember when Mike Rogers met with Trump during the transition in Trump Tower and the next day the entire transition was working out of his golf course in NJ?

0bama was a bad (or sick) guy
                    Serious question. Are you trying your best to say the dumbest fucking shit and pass geez for being the biggest fucking idiot here or is it easy for you?

Holy shit, I thought the shit hole town I grew up in was bad. Clio has me beat.

Comment

Insurance.
                      Riiiiiight. So tell me how and what was insured if there was absolutely no reason to do it in the first place.

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      And your friend is just saying that because i can imagine you wont stfu about it.
                      Nope. He watches the news and sees daily the humiliation Trump brings to this nation, the embarassment he inflicts on American citizens, his moronic policies, his 6 year old maturity level, and the buffoonery of his twitter addiction.

I work for an international company and travel a bit. Last month I was in Germany and I was bombarded with the question "how did he ever get elected?". The question was sincere, most think the US has a direct democracy. They have raving shitheads run for office all the time, but they rarely get elected and certainly not to positions of relevance, much less head of state. The unspoken question is are there really that many drooling idiots in America? I tell them I hope not when explaining how the electoral college works, the anger against the system, the passive Clinton and active Trump campaigns, the mindless partisanship, and Trump's pandering to the worst of racial and sexual bigotries in his base. A perfect storm. Most voters, both sides of the aisle, were surprised by the end result.

The Germans are also a bit surprised that given Trump was actually elected, how many people intensely oppose him. The German expression doesn't translate exactly into english, but they have a saying in Lower Saxony "If you ask to be butt fucked, don't complain that it hurts."
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Serious question. Are you trying your best to say the dumbest fucking shit and pass geez for being the biggest fucking idiot here or is it easy for you?
                        Oracle, I've never seen you post anything except personal attacks on those with whom you disagree. Do you have anything to say except name-calling?

Truth be told, you are a CMU grad who couldn't get a job in MI, so you moved to CA where the teachers are the lowest paid in the country. No wonder you favor taking from the productive and giving to the non-productive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                          Riiiiiight. So tell me how and what was insured if there was absolutely no reason to do it in the first place.

Nope. He watches the news and sees daily the humiliation Trump brings to this nation, the embarassment he inflicts on American citizens, his moronic policies, his 6 year old maturity level, and the buffoonery of his twitter addiction.

I work for an international company and travel a bit. Last month I was in Germany and I was bombarded with the question "how did he ever get elected?". The question was sincere, most think the US has a direct democracy. They have raving shitheads run for office all the time, but they rarely get elected and certainly not to positions of relevance, much less head of state. The unspoken question is are there really that many drooling idiots in America? I tell them I hope not when explaining how the electoral college works, the anger against the system, the passive Clinton and active Trump campaigns, the mindless partisanship, and Trump's pandering to the worst of racial and sexual bigotries in his base. A perfect storm. Most voters, both sides of the aisle, were surprised by the end result.

The Germans are also a bit surprised that given Trump was actually elected, how many people intensely oppose him. The German expression doesn't translate exactly into english, but they have a saying in Lower Saxony "If you ask to be butt fucked, don't complain that it hurts."
                          Yes insurance. A plan that is put in place in case the insanely improbable happens. Which it did. It was only improbable for those glued to the leftist media propaganda where the sheep are told what to think. Apparently like ur friend it appears.

And fuck the Germans. The days of getting railroaded by the rest of the world is over, and of all nations, the country that's about to fuck up Eurpoe for a third time in 100 years is specifically that last country's opinion i give a fuck about.
                          Last edited by Kapture1; May 13, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• It's okay for our staff to be soulless a-holes, but its bad when proof is leaked out.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders privately berated the White House communications and press staff Friday after a leak the previous day of comments by aide Kelly Sadler about Sen. John McCain, according to several sources familiar with the meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              Oracle, I've never seen you post anything except personal attacks on those with whom you disagree. Do you have anything to say except name-calling?

Truth be told, you are a CMU grad who couldn't get a job in MI, so you moved to CA where the teachers are the lowest paid in the country. No wonder you favor taking from the productive and giving to the non-productive.
                              Lol. Strike 80. Don't know what teachers have to do with anything other than I have many friends that are teachers

You clowns that supports these turds are so far out there that it's pointless to try anything meaningful. Politics is ridiculously idiotic as a whole and let's be honest, no one's getting anywhere or will. So yes, when people like you and krap support piece of shit people, personal attacks are the way to go. Who gives a fuck.

What should we move to next, your faux religious existence?

Comment

• An examination of the 3,517 Facebook ads purchased by Putin-Trump during the election cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X