No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love when you can't comprehend reality. the cognitive dissonance, can actually be seen in real time.

Comment

• Trump says that because Trudeau was mean to him, he's going to order tariffs on all foreign cars!! HOORAY!! This is some of the best news Americans have EVER HAD! Car prices will go up and that great, great, great news for the USofA!

The Free trade Republican Party is dead.They will rally around this bullshit and praise it as if protectionist BS spouted by Dick Gephardt in 1988 is now revolutionary and brilliant coming out of Trump's mouth.

Oh and he basically admitted that Canada's dairy tariffs are why he's ordered steel and aluminum tariffs. Which means it's not a "national security" issue. Which means he doesn't have unilateral authority to impose them. But the Republican Congress is almost certainly not going to challenge him because they're gutless.
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 9, 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• DfSheZnWAAE1HIx.jpg

Comment

• I think the chickens are coming home to roost for PDJT. His performance at the G7 Summit showed an emperor without his clothes. I was hoping against all hope that his shtick would work, we'd get down to brass tacks about some real trade issues harmful to the US that do exist and deserve attention and negotiation within the appropriate deliberative bodies.

Instead we get a US president acting like a petulant child who walks away from any serious trade talk continuing to stick to stupidly imposed aluminum and Steel tariffs and through these the ignition of a fierce trade war among formerly economic allies.

Don't think China isn't watching. I would be stunned if there isn't blow-back from the G7 debacle that colors the Singapore Summit, and not in a good way,
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Haha!

Good Lord. You are delusional
              Lol, there aren't words for it anymore.

Comment

• DfT6dXTWsAAB7Hw.jpg

Comment

• I think China recognizes that what Trump is likely to do is cozy up to enemies and provoke allies. It's clear what to do to get the desired outcome.

Comment

• Comment

• Occasional reminder that tariffs are essentially taxes on the American consumer. Particularly auto tariffs, if they happen. Republicans need to reject any argument the White House makes that Trump can levy taxes on cars without any input from Congress because of 'national security' concerns. And they must resist pressure on Congress to pass new legislation doing the same thing.

Comment

• Whoever this kudlow clown is, he's just as unhinged as Fat Don. Christ where do they keep pulling these delusional asshats from?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          Whoever this kudlow clown is, he's just as unhinged as Fat Don. Christ where do they keep pulling these delusional asshats from?
                          Kudlow's a longtime CNBC host that Trump brought it to essentially betray all the free market principles that he's advocated for over the past few decades. Kudlow's former colleagues at CNBC and National Review must have a hard time recognizing him now.

Comment

• Hack - some Moroun news

The Moroun family recently transferred the title to the historic train station to a new business entity that appears linked to Ford.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              .... Christ where do they keep pulling these delusional asshats from?

What we are seeing is the full implementation of a Josep Goebbels style propaganda campaign. 1) Make the news controversial - insure that the media reports it. 2) The truth is irrelevant. Say things that either forward the Fuhrer's agenda or undermine the opposition. 3) Tell the lie often and loud from multiple sources so that the uniformed masses come to believe it. 4) Reinforce that alternate reality until it is perceived as actual reality. 5) Repeat.

And just like 1930's Germany, there seems to be no shortage of dimwits willing to follow and swallow their delusional leader. Mark Twain said it best "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

What we are seeing is the full implementation of a Josep Goebbels style propaganda campaign. 1) Make the news controversial - insure that the media reports it. 2) The truth is irrelevant. Say things that either forward the Fuhrer's agenda or undermine the opposition. 3) Tell the lie often and loud from multiple sources so that the uniformed masses come to believe it. 4) Reinforce that alternate reality until it is perceived as actual reality. 5) Repeat.

And just like 1930's Germany, there seems to be no shortage of dimwits willing to follow and swallow their delusional leader. Mark Twain said it best "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."
                                Exactly.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X