Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    When Tony Danza was on his game there was none better. Except Ned Beatty. I long ago wrote off the Academy over their refusal to rectify years of wrongs, slights and malfeasance by awarding him a lifetime achievement award. Motherfuckers.
    The only crime committed in Superman II is that Gene Hackman's wonderful Lex Luthor declined to take the magnificent "Otis" with him when he escaped from maximum security prison via hot-air balloon. Ned Beatty made those films, sir. An entire expectant and eager nation yearned for more Luthor-Otis hijinks, yet were to be denied, and were instead replaced by the forgettable Zod and his near-mute cohort escapees from the Phantom Zone.

Happily, Superman 4: The Quest For Peace reunited Mr. Hackman with his long-lost nephew, Lenny, played by the insuperable Jon Cryer, re-establishing the brilliant Luthor-Otis dynamic that so enraptured audiences in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Kapture- Mark Levin's drivel was addressed in detail by Conway. Levin hasn't practiced law in almost 30 years since he discovered there's a lot more money to be made screaming into a radio mic.That segment you quote demonstrates you didn't read Conway's piece AT ALL because he is responding to the tripe Levin and other like him are vomiting up all over the Constitution.Either read Conway's piece or don't (you won't because he destroys Levin's arguments which precede Conway and aren't even original to Levin).

Calabresi?s first point?the illustrative comparison between Mueller and the U.S. attorneys?begins with a badly mistaken premise. Without citing anything at all, he repeatedly assumes, in both his op-ed and his ?Legal Opinion? paper, that ?Congress has specified that the 96 [sic] U.S. Attorneys are all principal officers who must be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.? (Emphasis mine.)

This assumption is just wrong?uncomplicatedly, flatly wrong. It is true that, typically, the 93 (not 96) U.S. attorneys are presidentially nominated and Senate-confirmed. But Congress has established an alternative method of appointment. Title 28 U.S.C. ? 546 provides that, until the Senate confirms a presidential nominee, U.S. attorney vacancies can be filled for up to 120 days by an appointment made by the attorney general and then indefinitely by local district courts. Such non-presidential, non-Senate-confirmed appointees are, as one court of appeals has put it, ?fully-empowered United States Attorneys, ? not subordinates assuming the role of ?Acting? United States Attorney.? And such fully-empowered, non-presidentially-appointed U.S. attorneys are not all that uncommon. Today, the sitting United States attorneys in two of the most important judicial districts in the country?the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York?were appointed by the judges of those districts under Section 546(d).
      Well you're wrong, but you seem to be wrong a lot

first off hes a better constitutional lawyer than the 0bama could ever hope to be, but you are not the president of a constitutional lawfirm and know nothing about the law

that asside i am confused what is being argued... that he's not a principal appointee but he is and was appointed for 120 days but it's been over a year since that appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Well you're wrong, but you seem to be wrong a lot

first off hes a better constitutional lawyer than the 0bama could ever hope to be, but you are not the president of a constitutional lawfirm and know nothing about the law

that asside i am confused what is being argued... that he's not a principal appointee but he is and was appointed for 120 days but it's been over a year since that appointment.
        What are you babbling about? Levin is a talk radio host who hasn't practiced any actual law in a long time. Possibly since the 80's. Since then he's been screaming into a mic in that godawful voice. He was a Ted Cruz supporter until he realized his fanbase was mainly with Trump then rushed to declare Trump the greatest human in earth's existence. Conway could argue circles around this clown and does. Read his fucking piece. It's got nothing to do with Obama.

Of course, I know you won't, because you're terrified one of your talk radio heroes could get destroyed in an argument.

Comment

• I think Dennis Rodman should replace Baghdad Sarah as press secretary immediately. Much greater entertainment value. Without the lies.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Larry Kudlow has had a heart attack, per Trump.

Comment

• Get ready for King Jong Un to become the Trump Party's favorite foreign leader.

Comment

• Jesus. What a fucking clown show.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

What are you babbling about? Levin is a talk radio host who hasn't practiced any actual law in a long time. Possibly since the 80's. Since then he's been screaming into a mic in that godawful voice. He was a Ted Cruz supporter until he realized his fanbase was mainly with Trump then rushed to declare Trump the greatest human in earth's existence. Conway could argue circles around this clown and does. Read his fucking piece. It's got nothing to do with Obama.

Of course, I know you won't, because you're terrified one of your talk radio heroes could get destroyed in an argument.
                  He is the president of Landmark Legal Foundation. Again, you are wrong, but as i will continue to quote your own words of how wrong you are, there is literally no surprise on this.

so... is Mueller a principal appointee or an inferior appointee? Conway cant seem to make up his mind. And you aren't yet forthcoming. Which is it? Be careful how you answer...

Comment

Get ready for King Jong Un to become the Trump Party's favorite foreign leader.
                    Wait, you and CG both said this meeting wouldn't happen, that Trump got played, that the idiot orange monkey is a fuckup and his mouthbreathing MAGA fans are just as ignorant for believing him lol

Comment

He is the president of Landmark Legal Foundation. Again, you are wrong, but as i will continue to quote your own words of how wrong you are, there is literally no surprise on this.

so... is Mueller a principal appointee or an inferior appointee? Conway cant seem to make up his mind. And you aren't yet forthcoming. Which is it? Be careful how you answer...
                      Oh does Levin do all kinds of legal work in addition to his radio show, almost nightly tv appearances, and writing shitty books?

Yeah....BULLSHIT

Comment

Wait, you and CG both said this meeting wouldn't happen, that Trump got played, that the idiot orange monkey is a fuckup and his mouthbreathing MAGA fans are just as ignorant for believing him lol
                        Let's wait and see what actually gets accomplished other than a handshake and pleasantries before you break down crying, with snot running down your face, in a Rodman-esque meltdown.

Comment

Let's wait and see what actually gets accomplished other than a handshake and pleasantries before you break down crying, with snot running down your face, in a Rodman-esque meltdown.
                          I read this but all i hear from you is :::sad trombone:::

Comment

• Oh wait, to fully embrace the Rodman/Trump World, Kapture would have to also pitch some shitty crypto-currency no one's ever heard of.

Comment

• Trump wouldn't be sitting with the leader of N Korea if it wasn't for Rodman, say what you will about him. i wasnt shocked to see CNN make a black Trump supporter cry.

Comment

• It's ok to admit it, you would rather have these talks fail and the economy to crash just to get the white house back. That's the leftist current world view.

Comment

Working...
                                X