No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if the democrats will let Manifort's kids stay with him...

Comment

• Also, Comey forget that Weiner and Abedin were married?? Top guy at the FBI...

Comment

• But Obaaaaaaaaaaama

chickengame.jpeg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Judge finds compelling evidence Manfort was tampering with witnesses. Bail revoked. Paulie Walnuts is off to jail. SAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Judge finds compelling evidence Manfort was tampering with witnesses. Bail revoked. Paulie Walnuts is off to jail. SAD!
            why is the left tearing apart kids from their fathers????

Comment

• The head of the FBI did not know the identity of the man married to the top Aide of the person at the center of their investigation. That is some really great investigative work... Hillary's emails were just on some random guy's laptop.

"I don't know that I knew that" ?? this guy sounds like me trying to post -

DfuE8IsXUAAeIgE.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                But Obaaaaaaaaaaama
                Rich coming from the party that refused to stfu about Bush for 8 years

Comment

• what did 0bama know and when did he know it?

Comment

• But Obaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaa chickengame.jpeg
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Fires Editorial Cartoonist Critical of Trump: Here?s Why That Should Scare the Shit Out of You

Damon Young
                      Today 12:12pm
                      Filed to: ROB ROGERS
                      147 Screenshot: CNN (YouTube)
                      Two weeks ago, Rob Rogers, an award-winning and beloved editorial cartoonist who?d been working for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years, revealed that a number of his recent cartoons had been ?killed??which is what happens when an editor decides not to publish a journalist?s work. This is not a particularly uncommon occurrence; the relationship between content creators and the editors they report to is a symbiotic ballet of mostly positive negotiations. And sometimes, for whatever reason, an editor will decide not to run a piece.

What made this uncommon in Rogers? case, however, was the frequency at which it happened. According to a statement made to the Post-Gazette, Rogers claimed that since March, nine cartoon ideas and 10 finished cartoons were killed. This is a lot. Not coincidentally, each of the cartoons killed was critical of conservatives and/or conservative policy.

This change in editorial policy coincided with a change in the paper?s leadership. In March, Keith Burris became the new editorial director of the Post-Gazette, appointed there by the right-leaning Block Communications, which owns the Post-Gazette. For context, Burris was the author of the article ?Reason as racism: An immigration debate gets derailed??a bizarre and transparently racist essay I called in January the worst editorial you?ll read in 2018 (it still is).

Rogers? plight became a national story, as journalists across the country were outraged that a paper?even one with right-leaning management?would shutter a talented and respected journalist for being critical of President Donald Trump. He was even featured on a segment with CNN.

Rogers eventually used some of his vacation days to take a leave. When he returned from that, he was fired.

Perhaps you?re wondering why you should care about a cartoonist having an issue with management and then management deciding to let him go. This happens everywhere. If you have a job and you don?t do what your bosses tell you to do, you may very well lose that job. And it?s within the Post-Gazette?s rights to do that. From what I understand, they broke no laws here.

But this is happening at a time when the hysterical hypotheticals about the Trump administration and its powerful friends attempting to limit and control and perhaps even end the free press are no longer hysterical or hypothetical. This is happening right now.
                      This is the Sinclair Broadcast Group ordering each of its network anchors to read a script filled with right-leaning propaganda. This is anything that?s not favorable to the right being considered ?fake news.? This is the White House press secretary pulling shit so far out of her ass that her press conferences are nothing but colonoscopy prep. This is the president of the United States openly fantasizing about our media being more like the media in North Korea.And this is half of the Republican Party agreeing with him.

Again, this is happening right now.

Last edited by CGVT; June 15, 2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• fired by an employer is not a free speech issue.

Comment

• sztQuH8pYZgv17e5QJ3EEVB32tumzN38GpGST0aoLaU.png?w=649&s=32169a040ca63d2ab08f5e592d392eaa.png

Comment

• I'm looking and I don't see anywhere that says that it is. Maybe you read a different article?

Comment

• oh no, DSL's Trey Gowdey has some comments on the conduct of 0bama's FBI and DOJ

GOWDY: Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who was on Hillary Clinton's investigation and arguably the lead Russia investigator not only wanted to stop his campaign, but once he wanted, got on the Mueller probe because he wanted to impeach him. That is a level of animus and bias that everyone should reject.

And, Chris Wray, I?m sorry, you?re wrong. Chris, there are consequences. The consequences are that your fellow citizens question whether or not they can have confidence in the world's premier law enforcement agency and that's coming from someone who has defended them a lot throughout his career. This was a bitterly disappointing report...

I mean, Peter Strzok said that the vote should be 100 million to zero. He can't think of a single solitary American that should vote for Donald Trump to be president. He said he?ll stop it as a candidate. He talked about impeachment once he won.

Actually, Director Comey unwittingly just prove the point of the question you asked him on follow-up. Would you have kept him on investigation had you known what you know now? And he said no. OK, why not?

Because bias is that insidious, that is that pervasive. It colors your ability to do what we need the FBI to do, which is to be fair and fact-centric. So, of course, you?re going to fire him the day you learn.

In my head, I go back. When did you start working on the case? That's when you should have been fired.

So, whatever he did on either of these investigations, Bret, it has to be viewed through the prism that he can't think of a single solitary person that should vote for this man to be president.

Comment

• Perhaps you?re wondering why you should care about a cartoonist having an issue with management and then management deciding to let him go. This happens everywhere. If you have a job and you don?t do what your bosses tell you to do, you may very well lose that job. And it?s within the Post-Gazette?s rights to do that. From what I understand, they broke no laws here.

But this is happening at a time when the hysterical hypotheticals about the Trump administration and its powerful friends attempting to limit and control and perhaps even end the free press are no longer hysterical or hypothetical. This is happening right now.
                                This is the Sinclair Broadcast Group ordering each of its network anchors to read a script filled with right-leaning propaganda. This is anything that?s not favorable to the right being considered ?fake news.? This is the White House press secretary pulling shit so far out of her ass that her press conferences are nothing but colonoscopy prep. This is the president of the United States openly fantasizing about our media being more like the media in North Korea.And this is half of the Republican Party agreeing with him.

Again, this is happening right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X