Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    Bullshit Jeff. It?s monstrous. There are plenty of options that do not involve ripping breastfeeding children from their mothers and putting them in fucking camps.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• As that article says. There are plenty of options other than separating kids from parents and sending children to de facto prison camps.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• de facto prison camp

Comment

• To keep my position on this issue clear, like my wife told me, we can be ok with the law and it's enforcement and at the same time decry how government handles the children of the illegals.

My earlier post points to various reasons for the current crisis. Congress has the power to act in meaningful ways to remedy it. I prefer to let my elected representatives know how I feel about it rather than excoriate the administration for working to reduce the flow of immigrants using children as chits to bargain for their ability to enter the US. That seems to me to be what's monstrous in all of this.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 16, 2018, 10:35 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 7r0Yrs0TYc3u4tTu1x4V99EAYPruKWoyZcaWJ6j_Wtc.jpg?w=1024&s=a2a084aa32e40fea20fd6b5849ab0276.jpg

Comment

• Yawn
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                To keep my position on this issue clear, like my wife told me, we can be ok with the law and it's enforcement and at the same time decry how government handles the children of the illegals.

My earlier post points to various reasons for the current crisis. Congress has the power to act in meaningful ways to remedy it. I prefer to let my elected representatives know how I feel about it rather than excoriate the administration for working to reduce the flow of immigrants using children as chits to bargain for their ability to enter the US. That seems to me to be what's monstrous in all of this.
                So should the US be looking to cut legal immigration?
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Jeff,
                  i have no problem enforcing the law. There are multiple ways to do it. The administration has chosen the monstrous option. They could easily chose a less horrible way to do it.

I agree that legislative action is necessary. It would be nice if they addressed it instead of insisting that a bunch of other stupid provisions are included.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• fine, lets lock the kids up with the parents. happy now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                      ........So should the US be looking to cut legal immigration?
                      I don't think that can be answered with a simple yes or no response. The US is a signatory to various agreements regarding immigration. Of particular note in the current discussion re children is that from my reading of the agreements and the US laws that establish processes for dealing with children who either enter the US alone or with other persons, their legitimate parents or not, there are several things that constrain what DHHS can do with children. Most of them stem from the Flores Consent Decree of 1997 - you can read about this in my link above.

In a general sense, given unconstrained resources, I would like America to be the beacon of freedom it has been since it's founding. However, there are appropriate limits that should be set given that resources to support such immigration on a number of different levels are and should be constrained. That's up to Congress and, to a certain extent, the states and the US Congress in particular is doing a piss-poor job of figuring out how to do this. The mess that is US immigration law, the intense debate having gone on for decades over immigration are symptoms of the failure of Congress to act responsibly in this manner - politics as usual I guess.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 16, 2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Jeff,
                        i have no problem enforcing the law. There are multiple ways to do it. The administration has chosen the monstrous option. They could easily chose a less horrible way to do it.

I agree that legislative action is necessary. It would be nice if they addressed it instead of insisting that a bunch of other stupid provisions are included.
                        I think we are in agreement about your last statement if not the first. We can disagree.

I intensely dislike the politicization of the immigration debate. I think it is very Trumpian to hold funding for the building of a highly controversial and potentially ineffective boarder wall over the heads of legislators. What that does is stifle reasonable debate and development of immigration legislation that could have an immediate impact. The wall is secondary, if it does get funded that still does not deal with the much more complex issues of what to do with the illegal immigrants already in the country or how the current system needs to be changed to improve the immigration and naturalization process.

I've read plenty of good ideas that get blown up because it is believed the President will never sign legislation without funding for a wall included in it so, why bother advancing it in the house. That's exactly what is happening and in that regard, I blame the President for his inflexibility of what he believes is a rock solid campaign pledge that he is going to make happen.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 16, 2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• His "rock solid campaign promise" Was that Mexico was going to pay for his fucking wall.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The man is mentally ill. In the best case he is a pathological liar needing in-patient help or in the worst case a man who phases in and out of fantasy realities - a person who shouldn't have nuclear launch codes. Time to invoke the 25th amendment.

Shameless, easily verifiable, and rooted in the notion that imaginary people are telling him things.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• A Senate report finds that the federal government failed to conduct background checks on adults entrusted with the care of child migrants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                The man is mentally ill. In the best case he is a pathological liar needing in-patient help or in the worst case a man who phases in and out of fantasy realities - a person who shouldn't have nuclear launch codes. Time to invoke the 25th amendment.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...r-parents-lie/
                                This was already discussed. Could it be possible that he misspoke and was refering to children who's parents remains are over there? I mean since you are a fucking mind reader n all.

Comment

Working...
                                X