No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs to start clicking "like" on my posts. Am I not using enough emojis? Come on people, hit 'like' on my fire content!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      I don't drink much bourbon, but I keep a bottle of Maker's Mark on hand for when I want a little touch
      bourbon is my 1b after scotch.

Makers is a good, solid choice. Hints of caramel and some vanilla. Mixes well, and under $50 a bottle.

I will tell you this, though, if you are mixing it, get Evan Williams black and save yourself some dollars. EW is a solid low-end bourbon that would be a value at twice the price point.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't mix it. in a glass neat or with an ice cube or two.

I keep Canadian blends on hand to mix.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I haven't had a Canadian whiskey in a loooong time. I will go for a low end bourbon (like Evan) first. They are okay, but many have too sweet a finish. Almost saccharine to me.

Comment

• I don't drink scotch much at all anymore. I used to drink Macallan 12 pretty religiously, but I stopped buying it about the time I had kids. I seem to have lost my taste for it now.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Glenfiddich 12 is my midrange daily drinker. Macallan is about $15 more, and it's good, but I don't think it's worth 15 bucks more than Glenfiddich12. Also, my great grandfather was a master cooper and made their barrels (or oversaw the making of their barrels) for a few decades.

Comment

• I have a full bottle of Glenfiddich 12 in my cupboard. I think it was a retirement present in 2013. I've probably had about 4 ounces out of it.

Comment

• AA...you are really getting on my nerves...STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• lol
                    The mayor of Puerto Rico who shot to international fame after criticizing President Trump for not doing enough to help Hurricane Maria victims is being investigated by the FBI on corruption charges, according to multiple news outlets.

Comment

• FBI gud now cuz whiny PR Mayor getin in trubel.

#finallyfbiwisesup

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I like Four Roses a lot (all of them - yellow, single, and small), or it wouldn't be on my list. It might be a bit higher for me, but the finish is just a hair too sweet (imo).

Comment

• John Kelly described the separation policy as a deterrent on live tv earlier this year. Nielson says it's offensive to claim that anyone in the administration considers it as such.

Stephen Miller has on the record described the separations as a policy. Nielson says it's no policy, it's just following the law. Unasked question: So was DHS not following the law before April 2018?

Comment

• Sarah Sanders was getting bombarded with immigration questions so she frantically looked for a friendly face and chose a NewsMax reporter, expecting the usual softball question

Instead, he cited German crime statistics (which are at record lows) and asked where Trump is getting his information that crime is soaring in Germany because of immigrants?

Sanders answered "I'm not aware of that report and will look into it. Next!"

Reporter: "Sarah, it's not a report, these are official government figures"

Sanders: "NEXT!"

Kudos to that NewsMax guy (don't know his name) for not laying down for her.

Comment

• Violent crime, murder and rape are all increasing since the migrant crisis in Germany. I don't really care that it's still down from 1990, that's not the point.

and yes this is per the German government numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X