No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's the Nouriel Roubini of this political crisis. Hasn't been wrong yet. Also, far more pretty than Roubini. Pretty hot by shithole-country journo standards.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Almost to tears. Jeezus.

Comment

• Hasn't been readable in months, like most of the forum, SAD!!ly

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            She's the Nouriel Roubini of this political crisis. Hasn't been wrong yet. Also, far more pretty than Roubini. Pretty hot by shithole-country journo standards.
            You talking Sarah? Roubini sounds hot by name alone. Shit hole counties tend to put out the best, no pun...

Comment

• Been clear for a while this thread was going to go downhill. Was clear his first day here that Kapture was going to be the kill shot.

Comment

• The day after 12 GRU officers were indicted, Chump doesn't criticize Putin, he spews nonsense about Obama.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/14/p...ats/index.html

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; July 14, 2018, 07:50 PM.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Last edited by CGVT; July 14, 2018, 07:58 PM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Some of this tariff shit is more bark than bite, it's big talk and it gets covered because the media is fixated on this clown but it is still relatively small potatoes. The only assured outcome is that he has pissed off a lot of countries, but it's unlikely that it changes anything in the world economy that he can truly point to as a win. Every presidential administration does something protectionist like this but generally wise up when they figure out it isn't working. The danger with this guy is him digging in on something that isn't working.

Comment

• Well, there's plenty of articles out there showing the tariffs are hurting his base already, soy bean farmers, etc.

Comment

• Check out this bad ass chopper pilot. In a Chinook, on a mountain, in the wind, on a rescue mission.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Theresa May says that Trump told her she should "sue" the European Union over Brexit. That was his sage advice and secret plan that was foolproof. Notice both the interviewer and May barely keep themselves from laughing at this stupidity.

Comment

• CGVT: Who is David Honig?

I believe in free trade, but keep in mind that the US sends China about $100B in goods and services and China sends back about $600B. China's ability to raise tariffs is limited to $100B and they have already raised tariffs on $34B. China simply does not have the firepower in terms of imports from the US to win a trade war with the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              CGVT: Who is David Honig?
                              From the the first paragraph of the post: (BTW, I researched and he as well as the post are legit)

For those who don't know, I'm an adjunct professor at Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law and I teach negotiations.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                CGVT: Who is David Honig?

I believe in free trade, but keep in mind that the US sends China about $100B in goods and services and China sends back about $600B. China's ability to raise tariffs is limited to $100B and they have already raised tariffs on $34B. China simply does not have the firepower in terms of imports from the US to win a trade war with the US.
                                Come on. You know economics well enough to not take the "balance sheet" approach to trade and scream "we're losing!!" I mean, just re-read read CGVT's piece from yesterday particularly on how international trade is not the zero-sum game Trump considers it to be.

China is already harming US imports in other ways as I mentioned a week or two ago. They don't have to match us dollar for dollar. American importers have begun reporting that Chinese Port Inspectors are suddenly delaying or even refusing permission to American ships to unload produce, commodities, meat, etc. To the point where the products spoil on the ship. The Chinese government can harass US factories in China in a way that we have no ability to reciprocate.

You think China cheats and want to hold it accountable/ Fine. I don't think unilateral imposition of tariffs is going to work. Particularly not when you're also attacking every single one of our other biggest trading partners with the same accusations.The ONLY country that has sort of caved to Trump's demands is South Korea, and that was part of the whole North Korea thing that has to date produced nothing substantial. Canada, Mexico, the EU, the UK, Japan, Russia, and China have all retaliated against the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X