No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've listened to a lot of his videos, so not much of that is new. I'm appalled he's low carb, though.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Some of the positions he takes ARE awful.
      which ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I've listened to a lot of his videos, so not much of that is new. I'm appalled he's low carb, though.
        meat and fish are the only things that don't lay him on death's door. he's actually no carb at the moment.

Comment

• SCDUuclZA8C8G9ZgVYNFcbzCG2GaSdWzo1apoaOlb4s.jpg?w=576&s=3c939cc3671e13bc99df92fb0e2941c9.jpg

Comment

• Stan and I were at Michigan at the same time. I think I'm two years older than him, am better looking and was not a long haired hippy standing on the diag listening to Abby Hoffman excoriate America from the M library steps like he was. Stan, hello.

I'll bet Stan and I have several things in common though. His parents raised him like mine did and he raised his kids like I did. We were taught the value of work, self discipline, honesty and integrity and turned around and taught our kids the same things.

I'd never vote for Bernie Sanders or any of his schemes for universal Medicare or Federally funded 4y college degrees or 2-3y technical certificates. Taxpayers don't need them and they alos don't need the Feds running programs like this. let the states do it. Like AA, I'm fully supportive of state programs like the Hope in GA. They work brilliantly. Funding programs like Hope with a state lottery is fine. Opposing it is elitist shit.

My grandson graduated from GA Tech with a bachelors in computer science. He did a summer internship in Barcelona his Sophomore year and an internship with Amazon his Junior year. That internship resulted in a job offer starting at $60k with a $90K signing bonus if he contracted to complete 30 months of service. He left Amazon right after 30 months and is working for a Korean company in Seattle for twice his starting salary at Amazon. He's bright but Hope works for everyone that will put out the effort to be eligible and stay eligible. It's hard. The metrics prove Hope scholars do really well in the initial job market, in getting into law or medical school and after five years earning above the median salaries in their fields - yes even in the humanities. The best part of hope? No student debt.

I think there is a lot to be said about the inanity of choices young people are making today about their educations and the entitled attitudes that seem to prevail in generations that were not raised like Stan and I were and did not parent like Stan and I did. I know there are plenty of exceptions and I'm sure all of you who post here are among them, except Wizard, of course. A neerdowell if there ever was a person who better fit that description, I don't know of it.

The point is, there's no secret why it costs a shit ton to get a good education and ROI precipitated by decent job offers upon graduation. Societal norms create environments where parents start their kids in private schools costing thousands at the age of 4! Nothing wrong with starting formal education early but the push to appear to be getting a leg-up on the Jone's next door, at unreasonable costs, from preschool to high school and then into college does nothing but to create upward pressure on an inflationary spiral of the cost of education that is already out of control and in no way supported by reasonable economic factors.

There are some very good private colleges in GA but guess what, aside from Emory in ATL ($48K annually), they're all affordable and I'm told that most of them will provide merit scholarships that equalize the cost of attending them to the cost to attend either Ga Tech or UGA (about $11k). The reason for that is that they compete for students with Hope. Like Stan, I too am thankful all 4 of my kinds are done, for now, with school. Even if they want more of it, they also know I'm not paying.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't know Stan, but his JP position/pegging of Kapture are right on.

JP is a smart business man and really capitalized on his rise after his sound criticism of C16.

After that he realized he'd caught the ear of all the soft men who project victimhood on everyone while lamenting their own. Then he turned into shit. He gets lit up when he talks to actual intellectuals and it doesn't matter cause his lobster masses just repost JP's calculated "annihilations" of run-of-the-mill female reporters. Please, go down the list of 12 steps and try not to laugh.

Anyone watch magnolia? He is frank Mackey in a professor's regalia.

Kapture loosely attached himself to guys like JP like he espouses the pseudo philosophy rendered from late-career TOOL. Never mind their apex being a song called Prison Sex. Let's not forget Kapture literally devotes time to staging photos of his game system, an escapist holiday JBP absolutely shits on regardless of financial standing.

Kapture won't see this cause he ignored me -- even though he tried to shit on CGVT for doing exactly that. While propping up vets, but shitting CGVT. This isn't an aid to anyone, just illustrating the strange landfill of inconsistent delineations. Kapture also refused my invitations to come blow shit up with crew served weapons -- something he alluded to being an ace at.

Comment

• The buildup in the Prison Sex to the crescendo at around the 3 minute mark is really good musically. You are better off not reading the lyrics to the song.

I need to find a job with a 90k signing bonus. That would welcome.

Comment

• All of Tool is good musically. And most is good lyrically. I don't think Prison Sex falls into the category of songs i would karaoke with my grandma.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                    Kapture won't see this cause he ignored me -- .
                    Return the favor. I found that since putting him on ignore the place is a lot more visually sanitary and the overall forum IQ rose about 60 points.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump's coming to the Columbus area Saturday for the 12th District special election!! Hooray!

The 12th is one of the wealthiest and best-educated districts in Ohio. That Trump has to come in and beg for votes...well...interpret that as you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        The buildup in the Prison Sex to the crescendo at around the 3 minute mark is really good musically. You are better off not reading the lyrics to the song.

I need to find a job with a 90k signing bonus. That would welcome.
                        Yea, the album grit is stunning and Carey's choice of syncopation is one of the reasons for that. Easily one of my favorites.

GJ - I am generally opposed to putting people on ignore -- and more so if I disagree with them. I'm not saying it proves anything, I just generally don't.

Comment

• 40% of Republicans say that if the Russian government assists the Republicans keep control of Congress, it would be a good thing or "no big deal".

Only 14% of Dems said they would welcome Russian help.

Owning the libs. It's all that matters.

Comment

• Freedom ain't free, you know.

Comment

• Trump wants to sit down with Mueller, despite lawyers advising against it.

This seems like a "story" that gets reported every 3 months or so but who knows...might be true. His lawyers always seem to be much more nervous about what he might blurt out than what he himself thinks, but he's the smartest man in the room. Let's not forget that.

EDIT: Giuliani was hired in mid-April by Trump and announced immediately that the Mueller probe would be over within a couple weeks. Supposedly..."supposedly"...Trump is increasingly angry over the promises he was fed yet the investigation has continued, unabated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/u...interview.html
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 1, 2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• The timeline that i heard was Mueller was looking to wrap this up around September.

also, with the constant Trump Russia fanfiction being reported daily as fact, you can read that poll answer as "fuck off"

Comment

Working...
                                X