Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Having Kasich's support counts for as much among Republicans as having Trump's support in large parts of Ohio, particularly in suburban Columbus or the entire I-71 corridor. The 12th is Kasich's old district. Actually, every county that makes up the 12th district is a county that voted for Kasich over Trump in the 2016 primary.

Also, Trump or whoever runs his Twitter account thought it was Steve Stivers running for office tomorrow. After about a half hour he/they noticed the mistake and respoted with Balderson's name instead.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...rsement-760464
    I get that, eventhough Trump spanked Kasich in 2016 in Ohio. There was no harm in Balderson telling Kasich that he appreciated Trump making the trip, as Kasich already endorsed him. What's he gonna do, unendorse him? Nah.

im still salty af at Kasich, i firmly believe him haning around as long as he did in the primaries screwed Ted Cruz, which is who I voted for and who i wanted to win the nomination. A two whole months he spent splitting the Cruz vote for no reason, Kasich is a piece of shit frankly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I get that, eventhough Trump spanked Kasich in 2016 in Ohio. There was no harm in Balderson telling Kasich that he appreciated Trump making the trip, as Kasich already endorsed him. What's he gonna do, unendorse him? Nah.

im still salty af at Kasich, i firmly believe him haning around as long as he did in the primaries screwed Ted Cruz, which is who I voted for and who i wanted to win the nomination. A two whole months he spent splitting the Cruz vote for no reason, Kasich is a piece of shit frankly.
      Kasich won the 2016 Ohio primary over Trump. How's that getting "spanked"? You can see a map below. Kasich won 46.8% of the vote to Trump's 35.6%

Kasich won every major metro area in the state except for Youngstown. He also won nearly all the rural counties in the "Midwest" part of the state.The region that was, and is, most pro-Trump in the state is also the poorest: Appalachia. I'll also note that all those Ohio River Counties combined form barely two congressional districts. The Ohio 6th District alone stretches all the way from the Youngstown suburbs to Portsmouth, and includes damn near every county in-between.

Election results from the Ohio primary, part of the 2016 presidential campaign.

Comment

• Bob Dole split with Trump today and endorsed the Kansas incumbent, Colyer, over voter fraud grifter Kris Kobach. Dole specifically said that it's because he's the best chance to win in November.

Comment

• Hint - When a judge repeatedly tells you to STFU, STFU!!

A judge ordered to have a defendant’s mouth taped shut during his sentence hearing, and now the video showing six officers duct taping the man’s mouth, has sparked controversy.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Kasich won the 2016 Ohio primary over Trump. How's that getting "spanked"? You can see a map below. Kasich won 46.8% of the vote to Trump's 35.6%

Kasich won every major metro area in the state except for Youngstown. He also won nearly all the rural counties in the "Midwest" part of the state.The region that was, and is, most pro-Trump in the state is also the poorest: Appalachia. I'll also note that all those Ohio River Counties combined form barely two congressional districts. The Ohio 6th District alone stretches all the way from the Youngstown suburbs to Portsmouth, and includes damn near every county in-between.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/20...primaries/ohio
            I guess i misremembered.

wasn't it the only primary he won?

Trump didn't need Kasich endorsement to beat Hillaty by 8. He only needed Labron James to campaign for her two days before the election.

Comment

• I voted for Kasich! It was a rout! Of course, DJT whipped HRC by 8.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll say this upfront before Kapture chimes in with his meaningless description of the NYDN article on Rick Gates.

The revelations are stunning if for no other reason than to expose what a piece of shit Paul Manafort is. Gates is no better. I get that there are plenty of folks out there that work the system, legally and illegally. It's great that there are investigators out there that will nail the ones who choose to brazenly work the system illegally. Mnafort is never likely to see his Ostrich Skin jacket again. He'll look very well tailored though in his $25 Orange Jump suit that he'll get for nothing and wearing for the rest of his life. he is, in a word, fucked.

Clearly, there's no connection between what Mueller has found out about Manafort and DJT. But I can only ask, why did Trump hire this guy to begin with. Why did he fire him. Given Putin's penchant to fuck with America politics and do it successfully, it seems to me it is not beyond a reasonable doubt that Putin knew about Manafort, what he was up to and how he might be used as a foil in the Trump campaign. It appears not to have worked out as Trump got rid of him but this is right out of the KGB playbook.

The man who helped President Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, set up a group of shell companies feds claim he used to launder millions of dollars earned working for foreign leaders te…
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Apparently Balderson's last rally over in his hometown of Zanesville tonight was largely a plea to not let Franklin & Delaware Counties control the district.

EDIT: Franklin & Delaware Counties comprise 60% of the total electorate in the district

* He wins Franklin County by 20+ points

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 6, 2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• BTW, this whole time I was under the assumption that the winner tomorrow would serve till 2021. Nope. The winner runs again in November. Why are we even bothering to hold an election 90 days before the next one?

Comment

• Mike Pence to lead the impeachment charge? His comments are about the amoral president he didn't serve, not the one he's serving.

"Further, the President's repeated lies to the American people....compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the 'inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals. Leaders affect the lives of families far beyond their own 'private life'. In the Bible story of Esther we are told of a king who was charged to put right his own household because there would be 'no end of disrespect and discord' among the families of the kingdom if he failed to do so. In a day when reckless extramarital sexual activity is manifesting itself in our staggering rates of illegitimacy and divorce, now more than ever, America needs to be able to look to the First Family as role models of all that we have been and can be again."

Pence also wrote that Republicans needed to act to remove Clinton even if it meant losing the majority in Congress. "If our leaders flinch at this responsibility, they would do well to heed the Proverb 'if a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked,'" he added. "Our leaders must either act to restore the luster and dignity of the institution of the Presidency or we can be certain that this is only the beginning of an even more difficult time for our land. For the nation to move on, the President must move out."

Vice President Mike Pence once argued the president of the United States should be held to the highest moral standards to determine whether he should resign or be removed from office.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        I'll say this upfront before Kapture chimes in with his meaningless description of the NYDN article on Rick Gates.

The revelations are stunning if for no other reason than to expose what a piece of shit Paul Manafort is. Gates is no better. I get that there are plenty of folks out there that work the system, legally and illegally. It's great that there are investigators out there that will nail the ones who choose to brazenly work the system illegally. Mnafort is never likely to see his Ostrich Skin jacket again. He'll look very well tailored though in his $25 Orange Jump suit that he'll get for nothing and wearing for the rest of his life. he is, in a word, fucked.

Clearly, there's no connection between what Mueller has found out about Manafort and DJT. But I can only ask, why did Trump hire this guy to begin with. Why did he fire him. Given Putin's penchant to fuck with America politics and do it successfully, it seems to me it is not beyond a reasonable doubt that Putin knew about Manafort, what he was up to and how he might be used as a foil in the Trump campaign. It appears not to have worked out as Trump got rid of him but this is right out of the KGB playbook.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-n...806-story.html
                        Why did he hire Manafort? It was the middle of the Republican primary when there are no professional establishment republican campaign managers that a) wanted to work for Trump and b) were not already working for a campaign. Manafort was well connected with the RNC, worked on a few previous presidential campaigns and they recommended him to Trump.

when some of his shaddy past came to his attention, he shitcanned him quickly and picked up newly available Kellyanne

Comment

• Yeah, DSL, this special election is spectacularly redundant. But, most believe whoever wins today wins in November. But, yes, today is for the right to serve out 2-3 months.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Neat graphic I foundDj7Vod1W0AAOoHo.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Ha, don't unpack your shit.

If any of you Lions and Michigan fans still actually live in Michigan, get out and vote today.

Comment

• Vote for John James

DjONsQkX0AAGBUM.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X