No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X0wQjjcDdf8NEgwZjRb3lGpY2P4yIRF-9hhpl6hIB_A.jpg?w=617&s=6da23e8b34751f8b96bd0261a55d6bc7.jpg

That would be Bradley Smith. He previously served as Commissioner, Vice Chairman and Chairman of the Federal Election Commission between 2000 and 2005, he knows a thing or two about campaign finance law.

Comment

• Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Very clever to make Bob Mueller the drain pipe. Bigly genius!!!
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ghouls trying to make hay with Tibbett's murder. Morally looting the body of a dead girl. Not even "thoughts and prayers"....look at the polls!!!

Republican-congressman-turned-Fox-News-host Jason Chaffetz and Republican-governor-turned-Fox-News-host Mike Huckabee agreed Tuesday night that the special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation won't have as big an impact on voters as the murder of college student Mollie Tibbetts by an undocumented immigrant.

"Personally, I don't believe that the Cohen and Manafort story really moves the meter in one direction," Chaffetz said while filling in for Laura Ingraham on the Fox News show "The Ingraham Angle."

"But what does touch the hearts, what does touch people's emotion, is what happened to Mollie Tibbetts because they can relate to her and she was murdered. And all the polls are showing that the number one issue is immigration," he said.

Funny, but neither of these clowns mentioned this.

The dairy farm where Rivera was employed is owned in part by Craig Lang, a prominent Iowa Republican who ran for secretary of agriculture this summer, CNN affiliate WHO reported. In a statement to the affiliate, the company, Yarrabee Farms, confirmed his employment. "This is a profoundly sad day for our community. All of us at Yarrabee Farms are shocked to hear that one of our employees was involved and is charged in this case. This individual has worked at our farms for four years, was vetted through the government's E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing."

There are roughly 47 murders a day in the country. Republicans discounted the lives of the other 46 that day because they don't fit their narrative. Bunch of insensitive sickos.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Does anyone know when Baghdad Sarah is having her next presser? This should be one of the better ones for delusional alternate facts. Got my Jiffy-Pop ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Does anyone know when Baghdad Sarah is having her next presser? This should be one of the better ones for delusional alternate facts. Got my Jiffy-Pop ready.
            Get used to hearing "I'll refer you to outside counsel. I have nothing for you on that"

Comment

• Very true that Trump isn't guilty of a crime just because Michael Cohen says so. We have due process in this country. Once Trump sits down with prosecutors, under oath, and tells his side of the story, this will all get cleared up and we'll see the system works. Trump supporters should be pushing for him to do so. Would totally make Crooked Hillary and Conflicted Bob Mueller lose their minds!!!

Comment

• Duncan Hunter is reportedly going to put up a fight and is refusing Paul Ryan's request that he stand down from his Committee seats. He's going to make them forcibly remove him. Quality guy

Comment

• DlM4HxBU0AYPrUt.jpg Trump's favorite paper

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Very true that Trump isn't guilty of a crime just because Michael Cohen says so. We have due process in this country. Once Trump sits down with prosecutors, under oath, and tells his side of the story, this will all get cleared up and we'll see the system works. Trump supporters should be pushing for him to do so. Would totally make Crooked Hillary and Conflicted Bob Mueller lose their minds!!!
                    He's not going to sit with prosecutors lol.

he cant be indicted. If he gets a subpoena he wipes his ass with it all the way to the supreme court.

What, do you think Trump supporters are retarded? You really think you finally got Trump haha.

none of that fucking matters because there was no campaign finance violation. This will never go to court, this is and has always been about impeachment. He gets impeached over a non campaign finance violation and you just increased his support to 60%. Lets not forget th as t 0bama's campaign also committed a finance violation. They paid a fine and that was it.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; August 22, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Bob Mueller is on the record multiple times stating it his opinion that constitutionally a sitting President cannot be indicted. If the special counsel has any other evidence beyond Cohen, then expect Trump to be named as an unindicted co-conspirator. I believe this to be the case as evidenced by Cohen's statement to the court. Trump is referred to as a "federal candidate" (or whatever) and not named. Typically, a co-defendant is outright named but an unindicted is fuzzy-fied.

This is a molehill, not a mountain. Even if Trump is impeached, there's no way the Senate will convict. Doing anything to cling to power (something in the DNA of all politicians), there is no evidence that the GOP will abandon its subservient lemming strategy. Some will argue that putting Mullah Pence in charge is really not much of an upgrade. Trump correctly said that he could shoot somebody and people would still vote for him. That's what we're seeing here. It indicates not only a sad state of affairs, but also a pretty poor reflection on the American political ineptitude. The willingness to abandon moral and ethical standards for the lowest and most craven of reasons - politics - is something to be ashamed of.

Right now, this is simply another act in the on-going Trump Follies. It is distracting theater when we have Russia prepping for another assault on our democracy. I fear our consumed, irrational President will continue to degrade the nation by both his actions and inactions. Right now John Kelly is the most influential man in America. As the only non-criminal, unbiased adult in the room, his ability guide an unsteerable rogue is going to have an impact on this country.

The GOP refrain, "What has this to do with Russia?" is the worst stroke of all. Imagine a business being investigated for, say, bank fraud. The investigators look at employees, business partners and associates. They find one of the employees was a serial child molester 10-15 years ago. That person should not be prosecuted because the investigation is to look at/for bank fraud? Really? Those that question the legitimacy of the charges can therefore be counted on to support child molesters in similar situations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

He's not going to sit with prosecutors lol.

he cant be indicted. If he gets a subpoena he wipes his ass with it all the way to the supreme court.

What, do you think Trump supporters are retarded? You really think you finally got Trump haha.

none of that fucking matters because there was no campaign finance violation. This will never go to court, this is and has always been about impeachment. He gets i.peached over a non campaign finance violation and you just increased his support to 60%
                        Oh I know he doesn't have the guts to sit down under oath. Captain Bone Spurs is a total coward. He'll attack everyone who dares oppose him, even when they testify under threat of perjury, but has no intention of doing so himself. He's all talk.

This is what you get when you want your President to closely mimic Vince McMahon.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 22, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Oh and the Trump-backed candidate for Wyoming Governor lost his primary last night.

Very good odds Trump will keep insisting his track record is perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            Bob Mueller is on the record multiple times stating it his opinion that constitutionally a sitting President cannot be indicted. If the special counsel has any other evidence beyond Cohen, then expect Trump to be named as an unindicted co-conspirator. I believe this to be the case as evidenced by Cohen's statement to the court. Trump is referred to as a "federal candidate" (or whatever) and not named. Typically, a co-defendant is outright named but an unindicted is fuzzy-fied.

This is a molehill, not a mountain. Even if Trump is impeached, there's no way the Senate will convict. Doing anything to cling to power (something in the DNA of all politicians), there is no evidence that the GOP will abandon its subservient lemming strategy. Some will argue that putting Mullah Pence in charge is really not much of an upgrade. Trump correctly said that he could shoot somebody and people would still vote for him. That's what we're seeing here. It indicates not only a sad state of affairs, but also a pretty poor reflection on the American political ineptitude. The willingness to abandon moral and ethical standards for the lowest and most craven of reasons - politics - is something to be ashamed of.

Right now, this is simply another act in the on-going Trump Follies. It is distracting theater when we have Russia prepping for another assault on our democracy. I fear our consumed, irrational President will continue to degrade the nation by both his actions and inactions. Right now John Kelly is the most influential man in America. As the only non-criminal, unbiased adult in the room, his ability guide an unsteerable rogue is going to have an impact on this country.

The GOP refrain, "What has this to do with Russia?" is the worst stroke of all. Imagine a business being investigated for, say, bank fraud. The investigators look at employees, business partners and associates. They find one of the employees was a serial child molester 10-15 years ago. That person should not be prosecuted because the investigation is to look at/for bank fraud? Really? Those that question the legitimacy of the charges can therefore be counted on to support child molesters in similar situations?
                            Let me know the last time someone cited a plea deal as legal precedent. I'll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Oh I know he doesn't have the guts to sit down under oath. Captain Bone Spurs is a total coward. He'll attack everyone who dares oppose him, even when they testify under threat of perjury, but has no intention of doing so himself. He's all talk.

This is what you get when you want your President to closely mimic Vince McMahon.
                              any good lawyer worth their salt would do everything they can to keep their client from sitting with a motivated prosecutor, still doesn't mean a crime has been committed.

You might want to turn off the news, because the information you are being fed is not grounded in any legal reality.

Comment

• Great post, Jon ....... the American democracy as it is being sullied by the current president is a shameful example of liberal democratic principals. I agree with you, DJT is not going to be impeached. He has, however, run in the gray area of the Emoluments Clause of the US Constitution. Some watchdog group sued him in Federal Court over this although I don't think this law suit went anywhere becasue the group couldn't establish standing. Nevertheless, I believe that his often convoluted business relationships with the Russians and the Chinese, among others, is generally regarded by an increasing number of his opponents to be, at best, shady, at worst, an actual crime.

As it has already been mentioned, the view of his character is set - on both sides - but his policies matter. I've come pretty much full circle on this. Heretofore willing to wait and see, we are now in his third year of his presidency. I can't think of anything with regard to policy that he has implemented through EO or any other process that is having any long term positive effect on Americans in general. Yes, the business environment has improved but not everyone is benefiting and in fact, it is only a small portion of folks who are. The rest of it is a general mess - foreign and trade policy along with immigration policy in particular.

I don't think he is re-electable in 2020 although Americans will face a torrent of news from his supporters in all the usual places starting about a year before the Presidential election in November 2019. It's ongoing now and the efforts by the president to advance the Molly Tibbets murder in the current news cycle as an example of ineffective immigration policy that he has tried to change (and not at all for the better, IMO) while the import of the Cohen and Manafort convictions, clearly damaging to him, are probably more newsworthy, is an example.

Overall, the purpose of this will be to shape perceptions - nothing wrong or new about that in the world of politics. However, in the current circumstance with questions surrounding the reliability of our traditional sources of news and with real attacks on social media from adversaries, and probably American politicos, everyone should be alarmed.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X