No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cohans lawyer admitted on today he is aware of no other documentation that back up cohans claim that trump did anything besides direct cohan to payoff stormy and susan

giulliano already admitted trump authorized the 130k but that seems to be the only issue cohan can raise

is it enough that an entity settles with another entity in order to claim campaign finance vio;lation?

well lets see what happended with Obama

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...egal-donations

there are literally hundreds of instances where campaign finance laws are broke--never prosecuted just fined.

so why is trumps issue so much bigger then obamas? he admitted thru giulliano he paid them off

but theres no doubt Jan 1 if the house goes blue impeachment process will be initiated

meanwhile the economy is booming, nato is starting to pony up, north korea hasn't fired a missile, isis is on the run, immigration is being addressed, unemployment for minorities and the mileneals is at an all time low

BUT STORMY IS VIDICATED

if he'd only check his vanity at the door and keep his mouth shut about meaningless issues and that I'm better then you are drivel ie exaggerating every success he has and some he doesn't have.

but the alternative candidate certainly wouldn't have had the guts to shake up the establishment enabling a booming economy an immigration ploicies that address the problems and shaking up the international community for the good of the US

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      cohans lawyer admitted on today he is aware of no other documentation that back up cohans claim that trump did anything besides direct cohan to payoff stormy and susan

giulliano already admitted trump authorized the 130k but that seems to be the only issue cohan can raise

is it enough that an entity settles with another entity in order to claim campaign finance vio;lation?

well lets see what happended with Obama

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...egal-donations

there are literally hundreds of instances where campaign finance laws are broke--never prosecuted just fined.

so why is trumps issue so much bigger then obamas? he admitted thru giulliano he paid them off

but theres no doubt Jan 1 if the house goes blue impeachment process will be initiated

meanwhile the economy is booming, nato is starting to pony up, north korea hasn't fired a missile, isis is on the run, immigration is being addressed, unemployment for minorities and the mileneals is at an all time low

BUT STORMY IS VIDICATED

if he'd only check his vanity at the door and keep his mouth shut about meaningless I'm better then you are drivel ie exaggerating every success he has and some he doesn't have.

but the alternative candidate certainly wouldn't have had the guts to shake up the establishment enabling a booming economy an immigration ploicies that address the problems and shaking up the international community for the good of the US
      Well, that's fortunate. Because EVEN IF Cohen has Trump on tape instructing Cohen to pay for those NDAs it STILL isn't a campaign finance violation lol

Yes, Cohen plead guilty to non crimes as part of a deal, they probably had a hundred more tax issues with him.

Impeachment would be a major fucking backlash against the dems. First off, he wouldn't be removed from office. Second they are banking on the fact that Trump supporters sit home. Wanna know how to light that fire under their ass for the next decade? Try impeaching their president over a non campaign finance violation. and if for the sake of argument they were successful at impeachment and removal, they will have President Pence.

Comment

• Trump's tweet 14 min ago

"Michael Cohen plead guilty to two counts of campaign finance violations that are not a crime."

fucking called it. All you fucking idiot leftists were busy spiking the ball and dancing in the endzone haha. What was that? the 576th time it was supposed to be the end of Dfump, you could just feel it. This time it was different, right? lol

Comment

• Shit, the only chance you really had was the president getting bad legal advise over this issue. And with all the talking heads on tv, all the professors, constitutional scholars, and lawyers and former prosecutors I heard yesterday get it wrong, I was actually concerned that Trump might not know the specifics. he does. there will be no meeting with prosecutors.

Comment

• if he'd only check his vanity at the door and keep his mouth shut about meaningless issues and that I'm better then you are drivel ie exaggerating every success he has and some he doesn't have.

I agree. For whatever reason, Americans allow politicians to act above the law provided those politicians pretend they aren't the sorts of people who would ever do such a thing. Having laws on the books and only enforcing them when politically convenient is a Putin trick. It should not be part of the justice system in a country that claims to be what the US claims to be, even if we are talking about wildly different things, like Obama's paperwork, Cheney's war, or Trump's treason. No grey area here. Laws are laws and they should apply equally.

At some point we might want to connect some dots here.

Comment

• I like the ancient Hittite method of checks and balances. At the end of their terms, the main city-state administrators were taken to the main square and brought to a scaffold. The populace got to vote - give a pension or cut off his head. Serious motivation to be on the up and up.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                Shit, the only chance you really had was the president getting bad legal advise over this issue. And with all the talking heads on tv, all the professors, constitutional scholars, and lawyers and former prosecutors I heard yesterday get it wrong, I was actually concerned that Trump might not know the specifics. he does. there will be no meeting with prosecutors.
                LMAO at Trump getting great legal advice. His lawyers have been Matthew Dowd, Ty Cobb, Michael Cohen, and Rudy Giuliani.

He hires sycophants who tell him what he wants to hear and "fixers". You should apply!

Comment

• I thought Trump might be in some hot water, but then he tweeted that what he did definitely isn't a crime.

CASE CLOSED EVERYBODY

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

LMAO at Trump getting great legal advice. His lawyers have been Matthew Dowd, Ty Cobb, Michael Cohen, and Rudy Giuliani.

He hires sycophants who tell him what he wants to hear and "fixers". You should apply!
                    and he is correct. Again, as the former Chairman of the FEC pointed out, money for an NDA isn't a campaign finance violation because it isn't a contribution, as long as campaign funds were not used. and they weren't.

Doesn't matter if Trump instructed his lawyer to do it. It doesn't matter than Cohen plead guilty of it. It doesn't matter if Trump did it with the intent to influence the election. None of that changes the fact that it wasn't against the campaign finance laws.

I get it... you want soooooo much for those payments to be illegal. I know you do. Totally understand. They weren't a violation tho. And all of your resistance fan fiction will not change the legal realities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      I thought Trump might be in some hot water, but then he tweeted that what he did definitely isn't a crime.

CASE CLOSED EVERYBODY

That's hilarious. Because Trump tweets it, it must be true, at least to the Trumpian deep-throaters. Everyone knows that federal judges in district courts regularly accept guilty pleas to non-crimes that weren't committed. Jesus, these Trumpanzees give Linda Lovelace an inferiority complex.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        I like the ancient Hittite method of checks and balances. At the end of their terms, the main city-state administrators were taken to the main square and brought to a scaffold. The populace got to vote - give a pension or cut off his head. Serious motivation to be on the up and up.
                        LOL -- got a link? I absolutely love examples of early-stage financial and political ``regulation''. Ghengis Khan (is he a cousin or something?) allowed two bankruptcies, but the third one was punishable by death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

That's hilarious. Because Trump tweets it, it must be true, at least to the Trumpian deep-throaters. Everyone knows that federal judges in district courts regularly accept guilty pleas to non-crimes that weren't committed. Jesus, these Trumpanzees give Linda Lovelace an inferiority complex.
                          It does not constitute a campaign contribution per the former head of the FEC.

so not that Trump said it makes it true. The guy that helped write the specific law saying it makes it true. Im just glad his lawyers are on top of it and he is making the correct arguement.

Comment

• http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...o-set-up-trump

piece written by former Clinton adviser, explains why the payments weren't a corporate campaign contribution.
                            Last edited by Kapture1; August 22, 2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Just a flesh wound

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

LOL -- got a link?

I'll post the book title tomorrow. Some scholarly work by some prof that was involved in a project translating a slew of cuneiform tablets. I know right where the book is - I'm in the middle of cataloging my library to update the insurance riders.

Comment

Working...
                                X