No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was at a mexican restaurant last night... am I the only one who has an issue with people who don't speak Spanish telling the waiter, "I would like a NEGRO MOE DELL OH AND A GLASS OF OGGGWAH, POR FA VORRRR." Or when they want another beer, "OOOOONOOO MOSS SIRVEYZZA, MEE EEEMEEEGO!" And when I try to speak Spanish to them after they just ordered in "Spanish" I get a "ohh, I don't speak Mexican!" (yeah, no shit).

Or am I just an asshole?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Were they wearing ponchos from Sears?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• These idiots will end up helping Gillum more than hurting him. They've been linked to other robocall campaigns before.

Idaho Neo-Nazi group bombards Florida with racist robocalls.

The robocalls are narrated by someone pretending to be Gillum and using an exaggerated minstrel dialect with jungle noises in the background.

Comment

• Trump's adoring base.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• eVxKm50.jpg

Comment

• Oh those wacky Trumpsters....

On Aug. 20, the Miami Herald endorsed Republican Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, who was running to replace Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen to represent a district that includes parts of Miami and Miami Beach. (She lost her primary bid on Aug. 28.) Rodriguez Aguilera has been a city official and a business executive, the Herald noted, but conceded, "We realize that Rodriguez Aguilera is an unusual candidate." Before she was a candidate, Rodriguez Aguilera appeared on Spanish-language television programs to talk about her experience of being abducted by aliens when she was 7 years old. Three beings, two women and a man who reminded her of Jesus Christ, spoke to her "telepathically" and took her aboard their spaceship. Inside, she saw "round seats that were there, and some quartz rocks that controlled the ship," and she said she has communicated with them several times since then. However, editorial page editor Nancy Ancrum didn't think Rodriguez Aguilera's beliefs or past experiences compromised her as an effective public servant. "Here's why we chose her: She's not crazy," Ancrum told The Washington Post. "I don't think we went off the rails here." [Washington Post, 8/20/2018]

Comment

• More of Trump's dedicated supporters in the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Was at a mexican restaurant last night... am I the only one who has an issue with people who don't speak Spanish telling the waiter, "I would like a NEGRO MOE DELL OH AND A GLASS OF OGGGWAH, POR FA VORRRR." Or when they want another beer, "OOOOONOOO MOSS SIRVEYZZA, MEE EEEMEEEGO!" And when I try to speak Spanish to them after they just ordered in "Spanish" I get a "ohh, I don't speak Mexican!" (yeah, no shit).

Or am I just an asshole?
                  No, no tu eres assholio.
                  Last edited by The Oracle; September 2, 2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• she wasn't at a funeral derp. Someone doesnt understand the meaning of hypocrisy

Comment

• I think the hypocrite part related to "NOBODY CARES WHAT CELEBRITIES THINK" followed up with "KANYE WEST CAN TEACH US, LISTEN TO HIM"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            I think the hypocrite part related to "NOBODY CARES WHAT CELEBRITIES THINK" followed up with "KANYE WEST CAN TEACH US, LISTEN TO HIM"
                            Oh, the other part was the part that "you just cant make up".

he's mocking her for being a hypocrite while comparing apples to oranges. Even with Kanye, her mistake was she didn't title her vlog "leftist celebrities, no one cares what you think" because 99% of their opinions are the same.

either way shes reacting to Kanye making a comment directly about her, which no matter who you are, is flattering and a tweet you don't ignore.

here's her point

Comment

• Free exchangeCentral bankers grapple with the changing nature of competition

Print edition | Finance and economics

Comment

• Brazil's National Museum burns down after year of neglect. Millions of artifacts lost, including the oldest human remains ever found in the Americas. The building itself was also historically very important in Brazil. Ive read this being comparable to the American Natural History Museum and Independence Hall burning down simultaneously.

The National Museum of Brazil, home to some 20m items spanning centuries, is devastated.

Comment

Working...
                                X