No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A solid hot sauce is a good addition to matzoball soup, and, in this case, IMO, Tabasco is a good choice.

But hey -- Stephen Miller's Jewish too. She works for him. And he loves trolling. And stranger things have happened. That said, speaking from the left, it would have been better if this stuff wasn't detracting from the picture of Kavanaugh looking like an awful human being ignoring that Parkland HS dad.

Comment

• ???

WF,

Besides 'doubtful' being technically correct because I can not speak definitively about another's intention, you do understand tone, don't you? Do you have Asperger's?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        A solid hot sauce is a good addition to matzoball soup, and, in this case, IMO, Tabasco is a good choice.

But hey -- Stephen Miller's Jewish too. She works for him. And he loves trolling. And stranger things have happened. That said, speaking from the left, it would have been better if this stuff wasn't detracting from the picture of Kavanaugh looking like an awful human being ignoring that Parkland HS dad.
        1) Tabasco is the best of all the hot sauces.

2) I think it's beyond silly to think Bash or Kavanaugh would do a white power hand sign. Ridiculous.

3) The Parkland dad is not friend or colleague. His stated purpose is to be there to keep him from being confirmed. I don't care whether Kavanaugh is confirmed or not, but I hate some forced social convention that mandates that BK shake the hand of a man he doesn't know and who is there to derail him. Fuck that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They have had a few people run through the White House flashing that symbol in the White House press room. Its not out of the question, but not likely and more importantly it doesn't matter. Whether or not it was random or purposeful isn't going to change a thing. Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed, they aren't going to release his documents detailing his involvement in the Ken Starr investigation. The only thing to do is win at the ballot box and make payback a bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            have to believe the great kaepernick Kaper of 2018 wont last too long when sales go down instead of up
            Nike won't suffer one bit from sales from this campaign. it night lose the old timer demo, but that demo has a micro share.

Comment

• Tabasco is replacement level hot sauce.

Comment

• What's funny is it was a 4chan hoax. White Supremacist idiots adopted it.

Other noted white supremacists:

: draft_lens17108191module161541955photo_1346913221_.jpgmain-qimg-dce65b689e6f9b2cb5e12e1d99f3fae1.jpg

465692007-president-barack-obama-delivers-the-state-of-the-union.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 4, 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• but but but we think it means white power. STOP THE CONFIRMATION HEARINGS lol

The left has lost what was left of their minds. And this is to replace Kennedy, imagine when Trump nominates RBG's replacement lol, oh man.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; September 5, 2018, 06:18 AM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Whatever your thoughts, this is politics today. Terrorist fist bumps, beige suits, on and on. Obviously you could post pictures of people giving that sign before it began to be deployed by the White Power crowd, but that's not a connection you can make. I agree though that it's sad we can't focus on the policy nuts/bolts, but that's how it's always been. It's an era of symbols and signalling, and I'm sure everybody in the room knew that, including the woman who rests her fingers in an unnatural way, the grieving father out to create a picture that would go viral, etc. etc.

Comment

• I don't think the media -- the traditional types -- will put much stock in the total bullshit of yesterday. Certainly not the racist symbol utter garbage. They will continue to write on Kavanaugh's "originalism" or "what the Court will look like" in most horrific terms, but that's at least in the ballpark of relevance even if unsupportable. That said, I'm quite sure D Senators are going to facetime the shit out of the Parkland Dad today even though he's a poor man's Vince McMahon when it comes to staging.

Social media,however, well....social media is a fantastic reminder of why we have a constitutional republic/liberal democracy instead of pure, unbridled majority rule. Good lord.

I should note, conservative social media was in outrage mode last week over some Neil Armstrong movie because the movie specifically didn't show the flag planting moment -- apparently, it's a humankind accomplishment, not an American one. Whatever. It's up to the film-makers. I still begrudge Armstrong for not planting the Ohio Flag, as he should have. The upside, of course, is that when they do the Baker Mayfield story they'll likely not show him planting the flag in Columbus because, you know, that was a victory for mankind or something.

Comment

• I agree that the papers will do their usual ``analysis", in which they record the opinions of people who actually analyze in a framed takeaway. And few will pay attention, because, as we know, for better or worse it's an era of symbols and signalling.

Comment

• Yeah, the flag outrage was silly (lol at the Ohio flag bit). And the Right getting mad at Nike over their obvious pandering to young liberals and minorities with the Kaep ad. Politics is becoming (has become?) this giant soap opera Kabuki theater.

Comment

• The funny thing is that Nike is a billions upon billions multinational company engaging in employment/workplace practices that are surely questionable, at least to the Che Gueverra Crowd -- they are, by any normal measure, what Progs despise -- and for a few million they're bought off. Heh. And, even better, the press will eat it up. Shrewd move by Nike, but then again, they've proven themselves to be legit pipe-hitting capitalists for a long ass time.

Comment

Working...
                                X