No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funny thing about Trump is he is always talking about loyalty and he has hired and appointed the most disloyal people possible. Only monthly 15k stipends and NDAs keep these people quiet. There has been no White House as leaky as this one. The gap is Secretariat at Belmont times 10.

This whole presidency has been a mix of the Coen Brothers and Goodfellas, but this anonymous Oped is pure Tarantino.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Thanks, Kap. Dunno why you keep at it with AA, though. He's insane.
      Heh. I like Kapture, er, I mean AA. Er, both of us. He isn't afraid to dissent or mix it up. He is passionate about his beliefs and his unwavering support of DJT. I would have a beer with him. I wouldn't agree with him on a lot, but that's okay. I can entertain another's view without adopting it or losing my mind in some fit of rage. (Usually, anyway).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• How honorable.

Comment

• Exactly.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Roughly. I could be referring to the secondary or tertiary meanings of the word.

Comment

• Hack,

I mean, come on, you have to like Kapture. He wades in and takes on all comers without support. He is usually greatly outnumbered, but undeterred. I mean, jesus christ, look who he has in his corner! He has Talent, the moronic Johnny Appleseed; he has Hannibal who is too busy sticking pins in the Harbaugh doll to worry about something as inconsequential as politics; and geezer who is still too befuddled trying to figure out how to navigate the new forum to offer any real support.

I am a fan.
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 5, 2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• LOL. That's just about the most compelling case that can be made.

Comment

• This Kapture defense is way too charitable.

The dude mutes people who take him to task while simultaneously condemning those who aren't interested in his propaganda funnel.

I'd have a beer with him, but I am sure I'd be done with it once he got through his "reason why I don't tip" declaration as well as "reasons my wife will be here immediately as my DD w/o question cause women need patriarchs".

All w/o broaching politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

1) streching the truth! lmao.

2) like I said, there are things Trump has done that I support.

3) not sure what the 'you have an opinion, I have an opinion' thing is about. Yeah, and you are expressing yours and I am expressing mine. From the latter part of that paragraph, you seem to be suggesting that you now believe the OpEd is legit. It was my understanding that you thought it was fiction.

4) If I am not troubled by what? That a staffer wrote an anonymous dissent on some things or that he states that he and others remove things from the president's desk to keep him from signing? Something else?

5) finally, I am not suggesting that DJT has done somethong to be impeached over or that the 25th needs to be invoked. At least not yet. I am saying that as time marches on, in my opinion, DJT doesn't always appear ...stable. Whether this instability exacerbates and causes him more than some embarrassing gaffe remains to be seen. Until then, he is the duly elected president.
                    1. yes, fine, out right lying. like if you like you doctor you can keep your doctor. or WMDs in Iraq. Or I did not use that intern as a humidor. or literally a million other examples. There where hundreds of examples from the Democrats yesterday during the Kavanaugh hearing. the universe didn't start Jan 20, 2017.

2. I know.

3. Point is you can look at a tweet, I can look at the same tweet. You can call him unhinged, I can say he is persuading his base. I have said it here before, picture this country as a giant movie theater, we are all in the same room, looking at the same exact screen. Except half of the country is seeing one movie, the other half is seeing something else. I believe that the OpEd is legit, I believe that there are those in government that have been working since day one to overthrow a democratically elected president. said it a number of times. Of course I think it's legit.

4. This is not just an anonymous descent, there are admitted individuals in the White House that are actively working to thwart the President of the United States. The Resistance, what does that mean exactly? Just that someone stands in opposition? or that they are taking steps to undermine? If Woodward's sources are correct, then there have been official documents taken from the president's desk so that he wouldn't sign them. Nobody elected this person president, they didn't get a single vote. Who are they to claim the moral authority and start acting as decision maker based on their opinion?

5. Like I said, that is your opinion. It appears it is the same opinion of the entire left. It appears it is the same opinion of the individual that wrote the OpEd. But it is just that... that movie that you are looking at on the giant screen, again, not the same movie as I am seeing. An opinion based not in an actual examination of the President's mental status by a medical professional, just an opinion of the stark contrast of how you believe a president should act. Hell, even psychologists can not make that actual determination from a distance, and it would be unethical for them to suggest they can.

In terms of the OpEd, this person has a responsibility, if he really believes that the president is unfit, there are a few processes to follow, the easiest of which would be to resign. Tell his story. It is not to remain in their job and actively work to undermine the office of the Presidency. I would say the same exact think if this happened under 0bama, and I couldn't stand him. No way in hell would I be cheering it on like the left in general are doing, excited that this will make him even more paranoid that someone else in government is trying to stab him in the back. Not saying you are doing that, just about half the country is tho. And by the same people that claim Trump is the one undermining our democracy, our Constitution, our Country and our institutions, funny that.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; September 5, 2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• LMAO...FOIA documents show Trump inauguration photos were edited to make the crowd look as big as possible for a raging, furious Trump, who was already ranting and raving his first day on the job

Comment

• Well, he is consistent. Petulant, vindictive, hissy fits only occasionally anchored in reality and outright lies have been the SOP for this administration. On the bright side, maybe Mueller will indict Don Jr today and trigger a complete mental breakdown, initiating a 25th amendment move. We can only hope for such divine intervention.

The guessing game of the op-ed author kicks into high gear. I'll check bookie odds later today and report back as I'm interested in where the money is being wagered. My money's still on Kelly, but I'm secretly hoping it's Sessions. I don't agree with much of his politics, but no one deserves to be treated like that by the (not my) President.

On Wednesday afternoon, The New York Times posted an anonymous op-ed titled: “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration.”
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Kapture,

Should the staffer have dished on Trump? No. It's betrayal, and I dislike betrayal, besides that, what purpose did it serve? The people who believe in DJT will not be swayed by the piece; the folks who didn't like him would have not liked him, regardless. They just now nod their head with a knowing smirk whilst reading. The one who is best served by the OpEd is Woodward. It corroborates, to a degree, many of the things in his book. The timing of the OpEd and the book release leads one to surmise that they were working in concert with one another and there is decent evidence that the OpEd writer was a major source for Woodward.

Anyway, for what ever reason Trump has had a ton of people who are dishing and leaking on him and his administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Kapture,

Should the staffer have dished on Trump? No. It's betrayal, and I dislike betrayal, besides that, what purpose did it serve? The people who believe in DJT will not be swayed by the piece; the folks who didn't like him would have not liked him, regardless. They just now nod their head with a knowing smirk whilst reading. The one who is best served by the OpEd is Woodward. It corroborates, to a degree, many of the things in his book. The timing of the OpEd and the book release leads one to surmise that they were working in concert with one another and there is decent evidence that the OpEd writer was a major source for Woodward.

Anyway, for what ever reason Trump has had a ton of people who are dishing and leaking on him and his administration.
                            for whatever reason? to start with, this is DC, where Hillary received 90% of the vote, Trump less than 4.1%, and that is out of 311,268 votes. Most of those that have made a career out of being a Washington careerist have a high probability of being a democrat. Of those Republicans that are career government types in DC, most are going to be a Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, or John McCain type. Nearly indistinguishable from Democrats, except maybe on some tax and spend issues. They get along with Democrats, they have to, they are the minority in DC. Never Trumpers. They don't like outsiders that just casually stroll in and win the highest office in the land on their first try, add Trump's personality to that equation. Which is also a major problem for the president... Never was a politician. there are over 1000 individuals that can be considered "Senior Officials", Trump doesn't know these people. I would guarantee that over 90% of them were hired on the recommendation of a DC insider, someone that has spent decades in Washington. This is a massive problem for this administration.

Anyways, the NYTimes either lied and this source doesn't exist, and they are just spewing propaganda (which is not out of the realm of possibility, remember this is the same newspaper that denied the holocaust was occurring and wrote positively of Hitler and Stalin) OR they have confirmed the existence of the deep state and their efforts to undermine the Presidency. It's one or the other, and neither are healthy for our Republic.
                            Last edited by Kapture1; September 6, 2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, but Trump was gonna "drain the Swamp" and go away from career pols. That hasn't worked out too well. And he is responsible for who he hires. Blaming this on bad hires recommended by DC insiders with ulterior motives rests squarely on Trump's shoulders. The buck stops with him. Period.

If by "deep state" we mean people who undermine or work against Trump's wishes, yeah, I have no problem believing that. I think it's obvious.

Comment

• That your only response to that is to whine that Strzok, Page, Comey, etc. all "got away with it" demonstrates that you don't actually give the slightest fuck about the rule of law or are bothered by the abuse of power. You're only bothered if a Dem does it.

moronic

FISA warrants, counterintellignec probes into American citizens and campaigns fake dossiers used to initate FBI investigations, setups tpo carter page and georgie P to initiate strozak investigations, 30,000 emails destroyed while under subpoena, among other things don't bother you but trump lambasting his AG has you ready to cry treason. your outrage over my post was palpable though and that pleases me

thought kavanaugh did well until kamala whom I thought did pretty well but she was the last after a long day--I think he was getting tired and wasn't as strong as he was with blumentahlls questions. booker was mildly effective at best. the hawiaan senator entire line was debunked by the repub 20 minutes later

far as trump goes it really doesn't bother me that he expressed desire to kilill asad since shortly after asad used chemicals on his own people.
                                doesn't bother me that a "senior official' sought to discredit this administration. hilarious that all our jumping to the cabinent as the source. there are literally thousands of senior officials in that place.

trump is on a public stage 24/6 365 days a year.

he has been the public image of the US in negotiations with korea, Russia, nato,

he has been interviewed by nbc,fox, bllomberg, etc etc all as a sitting president

you can disagree with what he does and his twitter tirades are his biggest weakness but in the public eye the 25th amendment does not apply
                                his decision making, though process,es and inner circle including his kids, cabinent, etc are all doing a good job for the American people. his support in the senate is public and strong. his campaign was brilliant to be elected in the first p[lace. he is petty and holds a grudge. but he is not stupid, deranged, maniacal or unstable.

and I doubt mr anon spends much time at 1600 penssylvania ave after the levels the intelligence agencies stooped to to keep thois president from being elected does it surprise anybody that something like this came out from mr anon on the heels of woodwards book.

yeah theres a little too much reality to this guy and I'm glad people like Kelly/mattis/pence are their to real him in just like Reagan, FDR, Truman eishehower kennedy etc all had their thoughts about how to proceed and were reigned in by their advisors. I'm sure the 25th amendment also came up in small circles deep in the night regarding reagen and fdr at least. but if that were to happen id have to see a lot more evidence then some "seniorr staff member leaking stories to the NYT

Comment

Working...
                                X