Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

With Republican help. Thanks for proving my point.
    Not one Republican vote dude, read up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

He's good on one issue.

he's bad on 100 others

so that must mean were delusional?
      According to him, yes. Democrats genuinely can't relate. They simply can't. They think that we are delusional for wanting our elected officials to do what they were elected to do. Because Democrats doing what they were elected to do is the default. They haven't had to live with a generation of backstabbers and phonies who undermine the agenda.

Comment

• You need more to get more elected, thin majorities in the Senate don't cut it. Also, you have to understand, what you may think the electorate likes doesn't mean squat to Lisa Murkowski or Susan Collins. heh

George W. Bush was much better at navigating Congress than your Dear Leader.

Comment

• I don't know how you can bash McConnell and Ryan for not reigning in spending but remain a fan of Trump. Exorbitant spending was the hallmark of his real estate career and he's achieved nothing in terms of reigning it in even with both houses of Congress. What, because he tweeted out he only signed the budget grudgingly he gets a pass?

Comment

• Ron DeSantis (running for FL Governor) and now Rick Scott (running for Senate) have both put out statements saying they disagree with Trump and back the study that said thousands died as a result of Hurricane Maria in PR

That they are defying Trump publicly is interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

George W. Bush was much better at navigating Congress than your Dear Leader.
              Which you love, because you guys still got your way even though you had control of neither Congress nor the White House. Like I said, you can't relate.

Also, W. wasn't working with a "thin" majority in Congress. It was 55-44 at the beginning of his second term. More than enough to overcome one or two "reach across the aisle" types. And not much different than what Bill Clinton was working with when you guys got Steven Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I don't know how you can bash McConnell and Ryan for not reigning in spending but remain a fan of Trump?
                Trump didn't run on a platform of small government. But he did run on a platform of no amnesty for illegal immigrants and drastically reducing their number, a strategy that will have a significant effect over the long haul in that department.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Marco Rubio has put out a statement criticizing the FEMA response and also accepts the 3K death toll

So 4 prominent Florida Republicans all breaking with Trump (so far)

Comment

Ron DeSantis (running for FL Governor) and now Rick Scott (running for Senate) have both put out statements saying they disagree with Trump and back the study that said thousands died as a result of Hurricane Maria in PR

That they are defying Trump publicly is interesting.

they used computer models to generate that number. to be truthful is to say that those numbers aren't an accurate death toll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Trump didn't run on a platform of small government.
                      Correct. He ran on a platform of bigotry, fear, and pandering to sub 70 IQ voters with the thinly veiled objective of self enrichment.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• 55 is nowhere near 60 when trying to advance big legislation.

I'm not sure why you would think I like that George W. Bush was a better at navigating the Congress. His administration was a completely hot mess, a total disaster. He was still better at navigating the legislative branch.

Comment

• Scott and Rubio are correct and they are playing good politics. In a normal political atmosphere the leader would let it slide, that will set off thin skinned Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

they used computer models to generate that number. to be truthful is to say that those numbers aren't an accurate death toll.
                            They are meant as an estimate, not a exact, precise, correct-to-the decimal figure. The Harvard study estimated around 4500. The GW study (which PR adopted as its own count) said closer to 3000. Either way, a death toll in the thousands is far closer to being accurate than Trump's personal estimate of 6 to 18 that he was pushing this morning.

Prominent Florida Republicans are publicly saying that Trump is wrong. I've yet to see anyone back him up other than the usual media hacks that have tied their careers to Trump.

Comment

• None of that surprises me. They understand the importance of the Caribbean vote in FL.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

They are meant as an estimate, not a exact, precise, correct-to-the decimal figure. The Harvard study estimated around 4500. The GW study (which PR adopted as its own count) said closer to 3000. Either way, a death toll in the thousands is far closer to being accurate than Trump's personal estimate of 6 to 18 that he was pushing this morning.

Prominent Florida Republicans are publicly saying that Trump is wrong. I've yet to see anyone back him up other than the usual media hacks that have tied their careers to Trump.
                                I didn't say Trump was right.

Hell, if someone got mugged in PR two weeks after the Hurricane and killed, they are counting that as a Hurricane death. I would say it is likely to be close, but the estimate is not accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X