No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump should have listened to McConnell when he told him Kavanaugh was the most problematic guy on the list to get confirmed. I have no opinion on this accusation other than I wish it came forward sooner. This is a little late in the ballgame.

As far as the Democrats playing dirty, heh no shit. That's the standard going forward after the totally ridiculous Garland BS. They should have found someone better than a Ken Starr hatchet man. Nominating any person involved with that ridiculous charade deserves a lot more scrutiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I'm fairly certain that the Judiciary Committee needs to report the nominee out. But,TBH, arcane Senate procedure ain't my specialty.
      Seems to be some confusion/speculation in articles I read over the weekend. If he cannot then Jeff Flake's holding a lot of power, may possibly want to stick it to Trump, and he's already declared he wants to hear testimony before any vote.

Comment

• There's nothing problematic about Kavanaugh other than he is male. Great jurist. Great guy by all accounts except one. He should have nominated the super conservative Amy Barrett -- who actually WOULD be a threat to Roe.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL:

The Senate Judiciary Committee will send its recommendation to the full Senate for a vote. It does not have to pass. So, Flake can vote against him, but they can still report it out (recommended, rejected or no recommendation) and put it to a full Senate vote. So, if the committee chair calls a vote, then Flake can do whatever, but they can still report it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Trump should have listened to McConnell when he told him Kavanaugh was the most problematic guy on the list to get confirmed. I have no opinion on this accusation other than I wish it came forward sooner. This is a little late in the ballgame.

As far as the Democrats playing dirty, heh no shit. That's the standard going forward after the totally ridiculous Garland BS. They should have found someone better than a Ken Starr hatchet man. Nominating any person involved with that ridiculous charade deserves a lot more scrutiny.
            i can't imagine him saying this. Kavanaugh is a boy scout.

the dems made noise about documents that weren't even his. he received a lot of documents written by heads of the Bush admin and passed them on to the president, that's what the secretary to the president does. those were not his documents, he didn't write them, they di not contain his views or opinions. That is what the dems have been saying when they claim only 1% of his documents have been provided. not true, those aren't his documents. he wasn't involved in any controversy in his rulings. there is literally nothing that would be problematic, he is fully qualified to sit on the court, and twenty years ago would have received 98-100 votes.

the dems have NOTHING on him, which is why they are using their favorite hail Mary since emails from him showed he was against race based policing, can't call him a racist now.
            Last edited by Kapture1; September 17, 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• I'm puzzled on what was correct course Feinstein should have pursued when she was given this letter given that the accuser did not want to come forward.

Comment

• Of course you are.

Comment

• Was she supposed to throw the letter in the trash?

Comment

• I'm sure in Froot's world the #GentryProg accuser is just doing her patriotic duty and Feinstein is heroically helping her. I mean, the courage it takes to come forward just in the nick of time. My country 'tis of thee!

The rational see this Borking for what it is.

Comment

• That's fine, take potshots at me, that's your play. But what was Feinstein supposed to do with the letter? Take it to her grave?

Comment

• Feinstein came forward with the letter ANONYMOUSLY. So any attempt to justify her actions because "when she was given this letter given that the accuser did not want to come forward" are trash. She didn't name the accuser when she disclosed the letter (and referred it law enforcement--LMMFAO). She could have done the same fucking thing weeks ago. It'd take some willful fucking partisan blinders to not see this for what it is. But, that's you.

And what you may call potshots is the truth: I'm sure in Froot's world the #GentryProg accuser is just doing her patriotic duty and Feinstein is heroically helping her. I mean, the courage it takes to come forward just in the nick of time. My country 'tis of thee!

Comment

• To be technical, this really shouldn't be considered Borking. Bork was undone by his own public comments on a myriad of issues including the faultiness of the Roe decision. This is more like the Anita Hill accusation against Clarence Thomas. It didn't work then, it probably won't work now.

Comment

• The Oxford English Dictionary: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bork So, to be technical, the Ds are borking Kavanaugh just as Teddy Kennedy did with his Robert Bork's America speech a mere 45 minutes after his nomination.

And, yes, "bork" is now part of our language thanks to the Ds. Got anything else you want to be wrong about today?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              To be technical, this really shouldn't be considered Borking. Bork was undone by his own public comments on a myriad of issues including the faultiness of the Roe decision. This is more like the Anita Hill accusation against Clarence Thomas. It didn't work then, it probably won't work now.
                              it didn't work then because it was baseless. and the fact that the dems had the former KKK member Robert Byrd give the opening address is what cemented in me that i was nor never will be a democrat.

and justices use to give answers to questions honestly, until Bork. now there's the Ginsburg rule.

Comment

• DSL:

Speaking of Bork, he was rejected by the Committee, but insisted on a full floor vote. Of course, he was rejected by the full Senate. But that gets to Kavanaugh. The Committee really can have the vote on Thursday and if Flake don't like it then so be it. If it goes to the floor red state Ds run for election would have to vote against him (if Flake and 2 others broke ranks). And then they'd nominate Amy Barrett and get her in place by December.

Comment

Working...
                                X