Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    He's a unicorn in the sense you won't find another politician that can get away with the crap he kind of gets away with. I'm amazed that he's been thinking about being president for 30 years and has been very vocal about it and he gets into office and doesn't even have a novice view of how you handle the presidency. If he just did stupid Clinton triangulation on small issues and shut up on twitter he would be above 50
    correct, tweeting aside he's done a good job as president. i agree that his approval ratings would be higher if he would quit tweeting and just touted his accomplishments.

he has a nack for putting his foot in his mouth and destroying a good news week for him and his administration, done it more than several times

Comment

• cH72R7E.jpg

Comment

• As for PDJT, I disagree with Hannibal that he could ever get to 60%. That's just not possible, IMO, in this day and with him. But, if he were at all inclined to restraint, fighting battles from at least neutral ground and otherwise not behaving, to put it kindly, without traditional executive decorum, then I do think Froot's 50% is right.

It really is spectacular that he's at 38%.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

there will never be enough supporters of ethnocentric nationalism thankfully. the only nationalism worth a damn is one based around our founding ideals, it'swhat has made this country great.
          You are wrong about support for ethnocentric nationalism. There is already overwhelming support for ethnic nationalism for every ethnicity on Earth except for one, and that anomaly is coming to an end. In our lifetimes, most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

You are wrong about support for ethnocentric nationalism. There is already overwhelming support for ethnic nationalism for every ethnicity on Earth except for one, and that anomaly is coming to an end. In our lifetimes, most likely.
            it would be antithetical to the principles laid out by our founding documents, ironically written by straight, white, slave holding men. so long as the vast majority on the right live by and fight for those principles, it will not rise in this country. especially in this century.

my 2c anyways.

what we have seen is, what Jordan Peterson points out, the right wing response to identity politics. it is something that we have to reject. not just on the right either. that road leads nowhere good. perhaps you are right tho, this is a brave new world that's being created.

happy Constitution Day btw
            Last edited by Kapture1; September 17, 2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              Regardless of whether you think Kavanaugh is a great guy, a bad liar, a selective recaller, a bad negotiator when buying baseball tickets, or whatever else, let's not pretend that the Ds have just come up with this strategy of character assasination out of the blue. Politics is a bloodsport now, and it's hard to see that changing. At least, in this case, the accusations aren't entirely fabricated nonsense like birtherism or Vince Foster or any of that other nonsense the right has spent millions trying to "investigate".
              Kavanaugh is central to the Vincent Foster nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                We'll certainly never get less temperate than DJT. But I don't know where we're going to go from here. The country is fracturing and I don't see a healing process coming any time soon. And, like every other "multicultural" society we are splitting further and further along racial lines. It has never ended well anywhere else and I don't see it ending well here. The days of debating about small government vs. big government are pretty much over. From now on it's going to be nationalism vs. globalism and identity politics. Donald Trump's Civic Nationalism is probably going to give way to ethnic nationalism pretty much all around. Charlottesvilles will become more common. Violence, in general, will become more common as Right Wingers lose patience with Left Wing goons and start punching back more frequently.
                If every multicultural society crumbles, what are some example of highly successful monocultures that have lasted centuries if not millenia? If monoculture = strength, why do multicutural societies keep conquering them? Maybe both types eventually decay?

Comment

• Kapture-

To follow up on the "Judge Kavanaugh's Mother Foreclosed on Blasey's parents" nonsense, this has been disproven.

The case was dismissed upon a plaintiff's motion. The Blaseys arranged a deal with their lender outside of court and kept their home. Tax records indicate they still own the home today. This meme is being spread by people who don't know how to read a court docket. And here's a right wing source to show it's all a bunch of hooey. As the last line says "The interest is a funny place. Don't be a sucker"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...cusers-parents

Comment

• Trump FEMA chief's case has been referred to federal prosecutors who will decide if charges should be brought against him

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If every multicultural society crumbles, what are some example of highly successful monocultures that have lasted centuries if not millenia? If monoculture = strength, why do multicutural societies keep conquering them? Maybe both types eventually decay?
                      the brain dead useful idiots among them develop the idea that diversity is their strength haha

You think that this is a refugee crisis, so Europe should import millions of Muslim migrants because they are so open minded. 150 years later, Europe is under Sharia Law. "how does this keep happening?" lol
                      Last edited by Kapture1; September 17, 2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• DnU5G4mU0AAwZMk.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

what we have seen is, what Jordan Peterson points out, the right wing response to identity politics. it is something that we have to reject.
                          That's precisely what we have been doing for my entire life. You prove how virtuous you are by condemning the "racists". This is the strategy known as "punching to the right", and it has been a catastrophic failure.

Comment

• Switzerland has been strongly anti-immigration for decades. It's nearly impossible for foreigners to obtain Swiss citizenship. The Swiss Confederation has adopted various provisions of European Union law in order to participate in the Union's single market without joining as a member state and putting up with all the immigration bull-shit that EU citizens mostly dislike. Interestingly there are both distinct French and German cultures there which are indeed very different. The Southern regions are predominantly French, the Northern, German. It seems to work fairly well.

I think Hannibal is mostly correct in predicting increasing friction along racial lines in the US and that the big/small government arguments that separated the two political groups in this country is dead or should be. We'll see a race based contest in Georgia between a white, male Trumpster and a Black female Prog closely aligned with Bernie Sanders. The voting is going to go right down racial lines. I think a good number of moderate R's are not going to vote for Trump but I also don't think they'll cross over and vote for a black woman.

Florida is exactly the same. Moderate republicans can't stand the R candidate for Governor but they sure as hell aren't going to vote for a D with a progressive platform. That race is probably going to be more interesting in terms of who gets out the vote but in both states, I think there's going to be some sideline sitting and that is not going to be good for gubernatorial candidates that Trump has supported.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Switzerland has been strongly anti-immigration for decades. It's nearly impossible for foreigners to obtain Swiss citizenship. The Swiss Confederation has adopted various provisions of European Union law in order to participate in the Union's single market without joining as a member state and putting up with all the immigration bull-shit that EU citizens mostly dislike. Interestingly there are both distinct French and German cultures there which are indeed very different. The Southern regions are predominantly French, the Northern, German. It seems to work fairly well.

I think Hannibal is mostly correct in predicting increasing friction along racial lines in the US and that the big/small government arguments that separated the two political groups in this country is dead or should be. We'll see a race based contest in Georgia between a white, male Trumpster and a Black female Prog closely aligned with Bernie Sanders. The voting is going to go right down racial lines. I think a good number of moderate R's are not going to vote for Trump but I also don't think they'll cross over and vote for a black woman.

Florida is exactly the same. Moderate republicans can't stand the R candidate for Governor but they sure as hell aren't going to vote for a D with a progressive platform. That race is probably going to be more interesting in terms of who gets out the vote but in both states, I think there's going to be some sideline sitting and that is not going to be good for gubernatorial candidates that Trump has supported.
                              I'm reminded of this line about Switzerland from Orson Wells in "The Third Man"

Comment

• Trump imposes tariffs on another $200 B in Chinese imports.

Recall that tariffs ARE TAXES. US consumers will pay every cent of those taxes, not the Chinese. China will of course retaliate, even if it's not directly through their own taxation, and have threatened they will cancel meetings with Mnuchin if Trump went ahead with this.
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 17, 2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X