No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vote scheduled for Friday, Grassley denied Feinstein's request to cancel the hearing.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• still has not released the actual letter either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

not if they are already receiving federal protections as a public utility. i can complain all i want.
          They currently are not regarded as such. Instagram is not, for instance, a public utility under the law. I notice plenty of articles from the Far Right demanding they be controlled as such, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

They currently are not regarded as such. Instagram is not, for instance, a public utility under the law. I notice plenty of articles from the Far Right demanding they be controlled as such, however.
            i don't care what they regard themselves as being, they are still receiving the federal protection against the content posted from a third party. just like the phone companies. they have it both ways.

Comment

• The Intercept reported that Feinstein had the anonymous letter on 9-12 and they knew who Ford was represented by, they didn't report her name. Are you saying Feinstein leaked info that anonymously to the Intercept?

Comment

Comment

• In what way is Facebook or Google or Twitter receiving federal protections as a public utility?

Comment

Comment

• I'm saying remove the protections. if they want to act like a publisher, then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        In what way is Facebook or Google or Twitter receiving federal protections as a public utility?
                        for the same reason AT&T can not be held liable for a conversation that takes place on their telecommunication lines.

unlike facebook, AT&T isn't banning people from their ssrvice because of their opinions.

Comment

• The other side knew about it too, and had its 65 women ready to vouch. None of this is remotely convincing, Talent. If you care about this you'd have to be a hell of a lot more upset about Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Vince Foster and all the other nonsense cooked up to smear Ds. Say what you will about a 35-year-old allegation but at least it's not a complete fabrication. Once again your claims of basing your opinion on any sort of principle are clearly nonsense since you apply them in such a lopsided way.

Comment

• Let's say I accept the argument that Facebook is so huge and so overwhelmingly dominates its industry, that it is the only platform on which you can publish and be heard by huge numbers.

Well, so what? What's the basis for government intervention? The First Amendment guarantees you no audience. Let's say this was 1960. There were 3 tv networks and a bunch of radio stations. Would a communist have a solid case that he was being oppressed because he has to shout on a street corner and doesn't get invites to speak on tv? Obviously not. So I don't see it as oppression or 'silencing' that's any more serious than in the past if Facebook says, yeah, your white nationalism ain't welcome here, champ. Try Gab instead.

If Comcast starts saying "We're going to block all the platforms, apps, and sites used by white nationalists", THEN we got a problem. But again, the champions of ending net neutrality praised handing over such discretion back to private industry.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                The other side knew about it too, and had its 65 women ready to vouch. None of this is remotely convincing, Talent. If you care about this you'd have to be a hell of a lot more upset about Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Vince Foster and all the other nonsense cooked up to smear Ds. Say what you will about a 35-year-old allegation but at least it's not a complete fabrication. Once again your claims of basing your opinion on any sort of principle are clearly nonsense since you apply them in such a lopsided way.
                                hardly. these are women that have known Kavanaugh since he was 12 and throughout his life. they were paying attention because that's what you do when one of your lifelong friends is about to be confirmed to the highest court in the land. what would it take to get 65 friends to put their names to a statement under the circumstances? an hour?

id say an hour, tops.

Comment

Working...
                                X