Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iam416
    replied
    Legally driving 20 minutes to Kenosha. Legally carrying a gun. Legally walking around.

If you act legally you lose your right to self-defense.

Leave a comment:

• CGVT
    replied
    Wandering out of the Quarter a 3 am and grabbing your gun and driving to a problem area to play Rambo are not even remotely the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Oh, I know. It ain’t my position.
    Yeah, I know. But that's the argument being made by the Left.

Defund the police, we'll police our communities.
    WHOOPS.

We may want to consider the left's entire prescription for this country and how antithetical it is to our founding principles, and look ahead to where it leads. Your very own right to self defense is on trial, this kid goes away for life for what was clearly self defense, what of America, as an ideal, remains? Rule of law?
    Personal liberty?
    Free speech?
    Free thought?
    Your right to not have a medical procedure and make a living?

Sorry, hard not to be cynical. Listening to this bullshit knowing how many people want this, we're to the point of arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Exactly

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    People lose their minds with the “bad place/bad time” arguments. “He shouldn’t have been there, so fuck him.”

As most know, I grew up in and around New Orleans. I’ve heard otherwise good people say “they got what they deserved” when someone gets raped or shot or beaten half to death on the edge of the French Quarter at 3am.

Trying to convict Kyle of homicide is a close relative of that species of victim-blaming. You shouldn’t give up the right of self-defense due to some bad place/bad time designation that those folks have levied, but with each day the Rittenhouse trial drags on, it looks like that’s where we’re heading.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    This is pretty quick, interesting and hilariously sad read: https://freebeacon.com/campus/a-yale...im-to-account/

How the seemingly innocuous can land you in bad graces of Woke Administrators.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Oh bullshit..

My argument is that you don't go to war unless you are a soldier.

That is the essence of it.
    Medics go to war too

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

You don't lose the right of self defense if you are carrying a gun. That's kinda the point of carrying a gun.
    Oh, I know. It ain’t my position.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    I like the man in Kenosha who was trying to put out a fire and had his jaw broken. I guess he got what deserved for trying to do the job of the fire department.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    CGVT’s argument is literally that you can’t go toward danger. You can’t go to a bad part of town. If you do go to a dangerous place or a bad part of town then you aren’t entitled to defend yourself. That’s the essence of it.
    You don't lose the right of self defense if you are carrying a gun. That's kinda the point of carrying a gun.

Leave a comment:

• CGVT
    replied
    CGVT’s argument is literally that you can’t go toward danger. You can’t go to a bad part of town. If you do go to a dangerous place or a bad part of town then you aren’t entitled to defend yourself. That’s the essence of it.
    Oh bullshit..

My argument is that you don't go to war unless you are a soldier. You don't enforce the law unless you are a LEO

That is the essence of it.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Prosecutors tend to be the one agent of the State the Right trusts, and the one agent of the State the Left does not.
    That’s probably true, but, again, the biggest DA offices are run by Ds. Nice juxtaposition.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post

I generally fall on the side of the prosecution but they seem to have gone full woke - at least in certain areas That isn't an accident. I'm personally dealing with a criminal case in which a close family member was killed by an impaired driver with a long criminal history. Given my geographic location, I'm hoping the defendant sees the inside of a prison cell. I'm holding my breath.
    Prosecutors tend to be the one agent of the State the Right trusts, and the one agent of the State the Left does not.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    If George Floyd wasn’t a criminal he’s be alive. Again, the but-for argument is so fucking stupid.
    Last edited by iam416; November 18, 2021, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X