No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or they are the people who worked with him for 8 years in the Bush White House and know him pretty well as a result. But, whatever. When you indulge in birtherism and Pizzagate and all that other nonsense, you can't complain about a real person willing to risk her personal safety to make a credible allegation. The best the opposition came up with today was whether she's selectively afraid of flying and complaining about the timing. The Rs on the committee aren't attacking her credibility. They know she's credible. The only one attacking her credibility is the whimpering ragewhiner on the hotseat.

Comment

• Random thoughts:

-It's hard for me to not feel some empathy for Kavanaugh and his family.

-I believe Ford was groped by some drunk HS boy and I believe it likely that she honestly believes it was Kavanaugh.

-I think Kavanaugh looks more shaken as the day goes on and I think that his, "Have you ever drank before, Senator?" and "Have you ever played Quarters?" is a bad look and many of my lawyer friends would have slapped him with a "No I haven't and I am not here answering questions seeking my confirmation to sit on the the Supreme Court; you are, Judge Kavanaugh. Now please answer the question."

- I have no idea if Kavanaugh groped Ford and I am not sure if he did that the drunken groping of a girl while in 9th grade excludes you from the Court 30 years later.

-I do not like where American politics are going.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 'Going'? You mean 'been' for the last 30 years.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Random thoughts:

-It's hard for me to not feel some empathy for Kavanaugh and his family.

-I believe Ford was groped by some drunk HS boy and I believe it likely that she honestly believes it was Kavanaugh.

-I think Kavanaugh looks more shaken as the day goes on and I think that his, "Have you ever drank before, Senator?" and "Have you ever played Quarters?" is a bad look and many of my lawyer friends would have slapped him with a "No I haven't and I am not here answering questions seeking my confirmation to sit on the the Supreme Court; you are, Judge Kavanaugh. Now please answer the question."

- I have no idea if Kavanaugh groped Ford and I am not sure if he did that the drunken groping of a girl while in 9th grade excludes you from the Court 30 years later.

-I do not like where American politics are going.

Yeah, his response to Klobuchar, who's pretty much the least aggressive Democrat on the Committee, was his low point so far. It was a good look by him to apologize after the break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            'Going'? You mean 'been' for the last 30 years.
            No, I mean going. it's worse. More publicly contentious. I agree with what RBG said regarding this.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He can't admit to being a drunkard b/c Ford said he was really drunk when assaulting her. Admitting to being a blackout drunk gives him so much less credibility vis-a-vis her.

What's truly shocking is that he's been caught in several lies, under oath, and we as a people have no interest in that. We care about sex scandals and that's about it, apparently.

It IS easy to feel some sympathy for the family. He has two little girls he still has to be a parent and role model for.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don't forget who else attached his name to this alltime low!!

DoDLkKDU8AEg9Z_.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

Comment

• I think both sides could very well be telling the truth. Kavanaugh may know that he didn't do it, but also knows that yes, he was blackout drunk a few other times. But if he says that out loud he's probably a goner.

That's about the fairest I'll be for him. I don't think he's being 100% genuine and honest but he could just be evasive on stuff that ultimately is irrelevant.

Comment

• Blackout is very specific. I drank gads. I can remember about 4 or 5 times where I was seriously like WTF?

But this whole thing is a fucking smear job. Orchestrated as shit.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I find it hard to believe that someone who kept precise notes on all the times he threw up after drinking (and they were numerous apparently) also never once "blacked out" or had memory lapses from drinking. It's easy for me to believe that he has had a least a couple of those in his early years but knows he also wasn't anywhere near this house in 1982.

I don't think he's honest about what the "Renate alumunius" notes meant either. It was meant as a running joke between the guys that this girl was an easy lay (not that he actually slept with her though). Or what "boofing" meant to an 80's high schooler who was growing up in the Animal House/Caddyshack/Teen Wolf era.

None of that amounts to disqualification. I just think he's intentionally being evasive about some things here and there and stretching my credulity because he knows his character's on trial here and doesn't need the excess baggage.

As for "orchestration" -- I don't think it was done so by Ford. Important to note.
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 27, 2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• But this whole thing is a fucking smear job. Orchestrated as shit.
                            Merrick Garland says "Who the fuck cares?"
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Comment

• CGVT with the Trumpian whataboutism!
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X