No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is going on with Flake right now.
    Well, based on innuendo. That'd be the ultimate troll job if he publicly stated he'd vote for Kav then changed his mind after Coons sobbed.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      And, BTW, Froot -- to reiterate -- there's still eons before the floor vote. And I don't think Collins and Murkowski are at all in the bag. You may have your victory, yet.
      I don't think it would be a victory. I think Trump should have nominated someone else, I stated that from the beginning, anyone associated from the Starr investigation is not the person you want on the court unless you want a huge partisan.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I don't think it would be a victory. I think Trump should have nominated someone else, I stated that from the beginning, anyone associated from the Starr investigation is not the person you want on the court unless you want a huge partisan.
        Which is what they want.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Flake will vote him out of Committee but says he has an agreement that an additional FBI investigation will take place to last no more than a week.

Doesn't say it but one presumes that if McConnell/Trump try to hold a floor vote without this new FBI investigation, Flake will be a NO. Unless this is all theater from him.

But Flake has been in private discussions with Murkowski and Collins. If McConnell/Trup say "f you" to this new request, I can see those three sticking together. Plus Manchin, maybe Heitkamp. Flake is probably representing their POV on the Committee.

Comment

• How much can the FBI investigate in a week? Feel like there is a bigger picture to that idea ... (no shit)
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lost in all of this is the VC/entrepreneurs angle, which is a favorite of some. I'm feeling good about approaching VCs to fund my mobile app to teach girls martial arts. My hotel/resort/abortion clinic in Windsor is also going to be a solid venture. Thinking of calling it The Hanger. Once it's up and running, I'll expand in more Canadian border towns.

Comment

• I feel like you have probably missed the boat on the martial arts app.

Comment

• Don't burst my bubble or I won't comp your first abortion when the resort's open.

Comment

• Murkowski publicly confirms she's with Flake on this...which means Collins almost certainly is too. Trump seems agreeable to it, so ol' Mitch probably has no choice.

Comment

• sweet. Who knows what Avenatti can come up with given a week. Perhaps he can find someone that will state she saw Kavanaugh fuck my mother.

Comment

• I wonder if they'll have him take a polygraph. Would seem an obvious step, and one he himself has said is a valuable investigative tool, up until yesterday when he was talking about their unreliability.

Comment

• One week investigation, probably nothing will turn up and then a vote. A way to save face for all involved. People will cool off after that raw shit spectacle yesterday.

Comment

• Most-likely outcome, I agree. Possible that BK withdraws his candidacy if he thinks an investigation would expose him. A serious investigation, featuring a polygraph and Mark Judge and other witnesses under oath could threaten his continued presence as a member of the judiciary. But I think your scenario is the most likely one. And everyone will thank Flake later, when he's a lobbyist, for giving them cover.

Comment

• Nate Silver was saying yesterday that plowing ahead with a vote is not a fool proof strategy for the GOP. Like if you confirm him and you have some crazy story out in the middle of the week. Then you are stuck.

Comment

• None of them want to own this, right? None of them want to vote for him without the CYA material presumably the FBI is going to provide.

Which goes back to McConnell's displeasure at the pick. I wonder if both he and Trump percieve that there should be a quid pro quo for getting the ragewhiner through the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X