No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go ahead and link. I will read. Is the analogy diplomatic staff?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Here is the article:

As a young man, Paul Morphy vanquished eight opponents simultaneously while effectively blindfolded
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The wimpy way to do it is by Executive Order, if you are really strong and tough you craft legislation and get it passed by the weekend. It's a winning issue for the GOP and they have to stop the onslaught of anchor babies.

Comment

Comment

• I don't understand the argument that there wasn't an illegal immigrant at the time of the 14th amendment so it is silent on the issue. It seems to me the definition when they passed the 14th enemy supercedes any later definition that was legislated later. I could see being silent on the issue if it was present at the time but there hasn't been a challenge.

Is there any other cases that there would be an analog to this where later legislation would change the meaning of the amendment?

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Would it be fair to say that there is no originalist argument to be made that illegals were excluded from the 14th Amendment but that there's an argument that they are excluded in the "spirit" of the language of the law?

Comment

• Rocket launchers aren't a product of the legislative branch and the second amendment mentions regulated but it is a badly written sentence.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• If you all must continue this mind-numbing discussion, could you all use the style and prose of a Texas Monthly or New Yorker article?

Jacob Howard took paper from the mahogany desk, placed it front of him, and dipped the pen to ink without even looking. The lamp's flame flickered and gave the paper a warm, golden glow. He knew if he were to finish the Citizenship Clause...

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Rockets were well entrenched in naval warfare since the mid 1700s, being brought to bear by the British Navy enforcing blockages against the colonists during the revolution. Basically lobbed at ports as an incendiary weapon.

So damn it, I want a rocket launcher.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• AA

You lost the crowd by failing to acknowledge my Morphy sass. You let this thing go sideways.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X