Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• At 1:30 Lucas County (Toledo) already passed the turnout level it had in 2014. Hearing similar numbers from big counties like Cuyahoga, Franklin, Hamilton, and some right-leaning suburban ones too (Butler, Warren, Lake)

Comment

• Me too. Mail-in voting would end the debate about election fraud and non-citizen voting, though. Voting would be meaningless under that system.

Michigan has a Proposal to allow same-day registration. That wouldn't be a problem where I vote, but my daughter waited an hour in line this morning. Today, not only was my photo ID required, but they scanned the ID. And all the ladies working the election knew me.

Comment

• Heavy turnout for my area. Total voters for the primary at my precinct was 400; today my ballot was #350 at noon.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Believe Oregon and Washington already have completely mail-in systems

Comment

• Cuyahoga (Cleveland), Hamilton (Cincinnati), and Butler (Cincinnati burbs) all say turnout has now surpassed the 2010 midterms when R's and the tea party swept into power. Likely true in other Ohio counties as well but haven't yet reported it.

Comment

• The polling place across the street from me was jam packed with cars. My precinct wasn't as packed but it was very busy in the morning and was picking up as I left.

Comment

• Gillum and Nelson both improve on Hillary's early voting numbers in Broward County. Means nothing if it's cannibalized though

Comment

• Can Corey Stewart's (VA) career be over now?

Comment

• VA-10 appears to have been called in some quarters. That's the Comtock/DC burbs race. Most endangered R in the country by many standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Gillum and Nelson both improve on Hillary's early voting numbers in Broward County. Means nothing if it's cannibalized though
                        The Panhandle is heavy Republican and is on central time. They'll need to make some unlikely headway there
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Donelley is behind in Indiana by about 100,000 votes but there's been virtually no votes reported from Indianapolis, NW Indiana, Fort Wayne, the Louisville burbs, or colleges towns Bloomington & West Lafayette. Republican counties filling in. So that'll be close.

Comment

• Sherrod Brown (D) beats Renacci and it wasn't close

Comment

• Kim Davis (R), Rowan County Kentucky county clerk who refused to grant gay marriage licenses just lost reelection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Kim Davis (R), Rowan County Kentucky county clerk who refused to grant gay marriage licenses just lost reelection.
                                Good.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X