X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

My thoughts exactly. Well that, and whoever DeSantis hired as his campaign advisors. Sheesh what a fucking disaster.
    He spent the better part of a year avoiding any criticism of Trump. If Trump was great, why are you running?

Leave a comment:

• CGVT
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Oh, no. He's still a very viable candidate for 2028. He'll be done in Florida in 2026 and can move to a full-time campaign.

His only problem is if DJT loses in 2024 and is still alive in 2028.
    His only problem is that he is Ron DeSantis.

Ron Desantis Lol GIF by GIPHY News

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Oh, no. He's still a very viable candidate for 2028. He'll be done in Florida in 2026 and can move to a full-time campaign.

His only problem is if DJT loses in 2024 and is still alive in 2028.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    In retrospect, he should have been running from November 2022 on. I'm pretty sure it makes no difference, but standing idly by when he actually had momentum was a mistake.
    Yes it was a huge mistake. He waited way too long to get into the race and when he did, he did a miserable job of making his case. Contrary to popular belief though, I don't think that he has spoiled his chances for 2028.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    In retrospect, he should have been running from November 2022 on. I'm pretty sure it makes no difference, but standing idly by when he actually had momentum was a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks. I did read up a little after you mentioned it the other day. Fucking primary voters...
    My thoughts exactly. Well that, and whoever DeSantis hired as his campaign advisors. Sheesh what a fucking disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Thanks. I did read up a little after you mentioned it the other day. Fucking primary voters...

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Mike -- for you....

Florida Legislature passes plan to keep homeless people from sleeping in public (wuft.org)

The Republican-controlled Senate on Tuesday voted 27-12 along party lines to pass the bill (HB 1365), which would bar cities and counties from allowing people to sleep at places such as public buildings and in public rights of way. The House approved the bill last week, and DeSantis has voiced support for it.
    The bill would give residents and business owners standing to file civil lawsuits against local governments for allowing illegal sleeping or camping on public property.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I've noticed a sudden uptick in "When Trump is Back in Office He's Gonna Do All These Horrible Things" articles the last few days. I guess the euphoria of Biden's SOTU speech wore off already?

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Anyhoo Trump has proposed

* Raising taxes by 10% on ALL imports. Raise taxes on Chinese imports specifically, which is a lot of what we buy, by closer to 60%
    * Will do nothing serious to reduce spending on entitlements. Spew word salad gibberish to pretend he's simply going to close the deficit through "better management"
    * More tax cuts for businesses! More tax cuts for the wealthy!
    * Pressure the Fed to get interest rates to zero as fast as possible. Install a sycophantic goon at the Fed once Powell's term ends in 2026.

If you spent the past 3 years bitching about inflation and Biden's policies being directly responsible for it, you may want to check out Trump's platform and ask yourself if it sounds deflationary to you.
    10% is actually quite a bit lower than the 34% number that he was proposing back in 2016. I have mixed feelings about this concept. Tariffs do destroy wealth, but right now there is a huge cross section of Americans for whom college doesn't make sense. These people don't have a route to affluence without a healthy manufacturing sector. Tariffs would hurt me personally. But they could help parts of my community. Theoretically.

Cutting entitlements is not politically viable. But we can at least manage the problem by restricting access to the feeding trough to only those born in the USA.

Tax cuts are a waste of time and political capital. Nobody is voting for Trump for tax cuts.

If you are worried about who his Fed appointment will be, you don't need to. Just about all of Trump's appointments to date have been swamp creatures.
    Last edited by Hannibal; March 12, 2024, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    GIWsP8WacAAQPN_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Anyhoo Trump has proposed

* Raising taxes by 10% on ALL imports. Raise taxes on Chinese imports specifically, which is a lot of what we buy, by closer to 60%
    * Will do nothing serious to reduce spending on entitlements. Spew word salad gibberish to pretend he's simply going to close the deficit through "better management"
    * More tax cuts for businesses! More tax cuts for the wealthy!
    * Pressure the Fed to get interest rates to zero as fast as possible. Install a sycophantic goon at the Fed once Powell's term ends in 2026.

If you spent the past 3 years bitching about inflation and Biden's policies being directly responsible for it, you may want to check out Trump's platform and ask yourself if it sounds deflationary to you.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 11, 2024, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Back in the real world with real policy issues, I can't wait until I get to pay for the US to build a pier to aid Hamas. The Chairman with another big policy win.
    If you were willing to talk about the Florida Social Media bill (and you were) you should be willing to discuss the Congressional TikTok bill and Trump's take on it. He's your movement's unquestioned Leader because he's representative of people like you.

I get it though. You made the decision to vote for Trump months ago, even if you won't publicly admit it yet, and you're a bit embarrassed by that. And shit like him taking the CCP's side against America ain't making it less embarrassing. Better to cavalierly dismiss the TikTok Bill as too unserious a subject for this highly intellectual forum. Yeah that's the ticket.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Back in the real world with real policy issues, I can't wait until I get to pay for the US to build a pier to aid Hamas. The Chairman with another big policy win.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Yes, he would be running. Regardless. He's a narcissistic piece of shit and Harris is an absolute disaster. He 100% was running in 2024 no matter what.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X