Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Talent is correct about Canadian beer, save for that it's better than Mexican beer. Victoria and Bohemia. Save for the ales. Some of the Molson and Labatt's heavy ales that nobody but prairies alcoholics drink anymore are pretty solid beers. I'd take them over 90% of craft nonsense in this country.

I suggest you keep up talk about the syrup. We all suspect that one day you'll come for our water, but that's because we think you don't know about the strategic maple syrup reserve. You keep talking like that and we'll not only pay for the wall but build it ourselves.
    Isn't there a documentary on the theft of the strategic maple syrup reserve and it doesn't involve Bob and Doug Mackenzie?

Comment

• The documentary is on Netflix and its under the series Dirty Money season 1 episode 5. If you want a double feature, there is a episode on Donald Trump called The Confidence Man

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Isn't there a documentary on the theft of the strategic maple syrup reserve and it doesn't involve Bob and Doug Mackenzie?
        I love it so much. It's as if the smartest Canadians gathered and asked themselves the best way to scale up the amount of gentle mockery Canada receives and deserves.

https://www.eater.com/eat-drink-watc...episode-quebec.

Comment

• A good heist movie or documentary is splendid TV. I will have to check that out.

Comment

• Dieu du Ciel is a good Canadian brewery. So is Flying Monkeys

Comment

• Heathen.

Crown Royal Special Reserve is the nectar of the gods.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The alarming thing about Canada is The Beer Store is exactly how it is portrayed in Strange Brew 40 years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Correct. This is the reality of the climate change. Whether you take the IPCC predictions as gospel or mularky, the political and technological reality is that emissions won't be reduced by the amounts called for in the IPCC report by 2030 (or anywhere close). However, mitigating technology will eventually arrive. Whatever political gains can be made in the near term will be made on the edges, not in some sort of large-scale, pain-inducing radical policy shift today. Won't happen. So, technology it is....

The role of politics isn't going to be painful policy shifts -- I agree -- but it's important to keep the technical people grounded in reality, which seems a political task. Example here: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/free...dium=internal:

The advent of free or unlimited electricity plans might seem to encourage wasteful overconsumption. In fact, they could have the opposite effect as utilities offer additional services, products or incentives to help energy users smooth their consumption, for example shifting the use of appliances such as washing machines or dishwashers to off-peak hours.

Reality: everywhere with a power tariff below cost there is excessive and wasteful usage. Why does he expect people to shift their use to off-peak hours once the main incentive to do so -- money -- is removed? He's asserting that taking your main tool out of your kit makes the job easier. Maybe his idea is good and his explanation of it very bad, but this wouldn't be the first time technologists sank billions of dollars and years of time into an obviously-wrong solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    The alarming thing about Canada is The Beer Store is exactly how it is portrayed in Strange Brew 40 years later.
                    So true!

Comment

• On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a beer!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I once started a family squabble on my wife's side, because Aunt Ruth insisted we all had to gather round the piano and sing the real version while she played the tune. There was to be no gift exchange before this happened. I stood at the back and joked to Uncle Ken about singing the Bob&Doug version instead, and that was all it took to mutiny. That was the last time Aunt Ruth came for Christmas, and I am now more liked than before by the others.

Comment

• Take off you hoser
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's a beauty way to go.

Comment

• Yeah well you are the Martin John of these boards too...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think the bag is brown now, so even though AA's post is 99% correct, this is the Internet, and therefore we all have to join forces and humiliate him for his stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X