Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 12.44.07 AM.png
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• DuWozJhWoAAX4l2.jpg

DuWozJhWsAIprsg.jpg

Comment

• Unindicted, co-conspirator. No collusion claims have nothing to do with this problem for DJT.

Congress impeached Tricky Dick who wore that mantra perfectly.

Regardless of what one believes about Trump's conduct on the campaign trail, Federal prosecutors are pretty much on record that they've got corroborated testimony that Trump committed a crime. Subjectively, there is not a sane person that doesn't believe Trump lies. There are probably not many left that think he didn't violate Campaign Finance laws.

My view is that because of his record of lying, now a high probability that he committed crimes, his ability to carry out his wide ranging duties as the President of the United States are compromised. As a representative of a sovereign in any level of negotiations between sovereigns he cannot be trusted.

Will Congress do anything about this? I just don't know.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I don't think he's COMPLETELY untrustworthy. You can trust him in negotiations with other sovereigns to represent his personal interests, for example. So there's at least one point of certainty.

Comment

• The next phase in the Mueller investigation is reportedly expanding into how Trump and his minions worked with those sovereigns to enrich themsleves.

Comment

• Speaking of Mueller, there is hearing expected today in DC regarding a mysterious sealed grand jury matter. Whatever it is it's shrouded in secrecy, not even revealing attorney names. But there have been a few clues that it's related to the Russia investigation and that it involves a non-cooperating witness.

The link below is a few months old but explains what is known. One of the indications that it's Mueller-related is that Greg Katsas, who was appointed by Trump and previously worked in the White House, recused himself

Another detail emerged Wednesday strengthening the secret legal battle's apparent tie to Mueller's probe.

The first appeal appears to have been rejected by a D.C. Circuit panel as premature. The witness's lawyers asked the full bench of the appeals court to review that decision but a notation in court files says only nine of the court's 10 active judges participated. Bowing out was Judge Greg Katsas, the court's only member appointed by President Donald Trump.

Katsas served as a deputy White House counsel before Trump tapped him for the powerful D.C. Circuit last year. At Katsas's confirmation hearing, he acknowledged working on some issues related to the Russia investigation and signaled he would take a broad view of his recusal obligations stemming from that work.

"In cases of doubt, I would probably err on the side of recusal," Katsas told senators last October.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-friend-938572.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I know a couple people that constantly hyped up Bitcoin last year every time it came up in conversation. These people, despite making 6-figures, also currently live paycheck to paycheck
                that is almost as bad as that one dude that bought 2 large pizzas with 10,000 bitcoins WAAAAAAY back when they first came out. do that math on that, even at today's value, north of 30 million dollars. for two large pizzas.

Comment

because those federal prosecutors want him out as bad as you do Georgie.

Comment

Speaking of Mueller, there is hearing expected today in DC regarding a mysterious sealed grand jury matter. Whatever it is it's shrouded in secrecy, not even revealing attorney names. But there have been a few clues that it's related to the Russia investigation and that it involves a non-cooperating witness.

The link below is a few months old but explains what is known. One of the indications that it's Mueller-related is that Greg Katsas, who was appointed by Trump and previously worked in the White House, recused himself

Another detail emerged Wednesday strengthening the secret legal battle's apparent tie to Mueller's probe.

The first appeal appears to have been rejected by a D.C. Circuit panel as premature. The witness's lawyers asked the full bench of the appeals court to review that decision but a notation in court files says only nine of the court's 10 active judges participated. Bowing out was Judge Greg Katsas, the court's only member appointed by President Donald Trump.

Katsas served as a deputy White House counsel before Trump tapped him for the powerful D.C. Circuit last year. At Katsas's confirmation hearing, he acknowledged working on some issues related to the Russia investigation and signaled he would take a broad view of his recusal obligations stemming from that work.

"In cases of doubt, I would probably err on the side of recusal," Katsas told senators last October.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-friend-938572.
                    The whole floor where the hearing is being held has been cleared. Must be some big dealings there.

Comment

• Michael Cohen on his Road to Damascus conversion.

Last edited by froot loops; December 14, 2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• haveand A Man for All Seasons
                        We do ourselves no service by distorting and misapplying our campaign-finance laws in the hope of bagging Donald Trump.
                        We do ourselves no service by distorting and misapplying our campaign-finance laws in the hope of bagging Donald Trump.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; December 14, 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• I saw the entire interview this morning. Cohen appeared quite uncomfortable but came across as sincerely believing the truth of what he was saying. I remember when Nixon made his exculpatory claim on national TV, a slew of folks who do this sort of thing were interviewed and asked if his body language suggested he was lying. I recall that most of these experts on matters like this unequivocally said he wasn't being truthful.

I'd like to hear comments on Cohen's interview. It appeared to me he either fears repercussions from Trump beyond a tweet storm - and he probably should - or he's as big of a liar as Trump is. I'm undecided about Cohen. I am not undecided on Trump - he is a bold faced liar.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• RIP Weekly Standard

Jon Podhoretz (who isn't a Standard employee) but has a bunch of friends there says they're being required to sign NDAs or lose their severance. Everyone's been told to empty their offices by 5PM.

Comment

• Kap, interesting piece. I'm not trained in the law so, no comment on this author's take on it.

Earlier, you claimed the circumstances at hand involve process crimes. I responded that directing or encouraging a process crime is a crime. Now we seem to be dealing with finer points of the law in that piece involving Campaign Finance rules.

Fundamentally, I think the fine points of campaign finance law is immaterial to what the American public needs to know and Congress needs to act on. Because of his own personal actions that are coming to light, those accusations apparently corroborated by DOJ, Trump's ability to carry out his duties as President have, IMO, been compromised.

Comment

• Easterbrook is going to have to find another home for TMQ, to be honest I think the Weekly Standard was the last stop on TMQ's journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X