Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    How dare the ultra-liberal Senator Lankford undermine muh President like this! Maybe you aren't worried about the hordes of illegals in <<checks notes>> Oklahoma... but in the heartland we have real concerns! Coastal elite scum!!

465,000,000 is the annual cost to the state of Oklahoma of illegal immigration.

Comment

• DSL, you are correct that there are things, Trump tweets in particular, that can roil markets.

The problem is that once a sell off starts because that 30% of market investors that are actually human beings sell, for example, on word trade tensions are rising with China, the machines take over and magnify it out of proportion to that which humans probably would sell based on actual economic realities. It works in reverse too.

My point was that this machine trading has become a huge part of the massive volatility - the 1000+ swings during a Dow trading day - that are literally sweeping billions of investor dollars off the table and then putting it back on in the next 24h. It can be distressing. It shouldn't be.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Heh

Comment

• In the private sector, the term for 'non-essential' is 'upper management'.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                DSL, you are correct that there are things, Trump tweets in particular, that can roil markets.

The problem is that once a sell off starts because that 30% of market investors that are actually human beings sell, for example, on word trade tensions are rising with China, the machines take over and magnify it out of proportion to that which humans probably would sell based on actual economic realities. It works in reverse too.

My point was that this machine trading has become a huge part of the massive volatility - the 1000+ swings during a Dow trading day - that are literally sweeping billions of investor dollars off the table and then putting it back on in the next 24h. It can be distressing. It shouldn't be.
                The problem is Trump is truly the first president to start publicly cheerleading the stock market and taking credit, that is a dangerous game for any president. When you start talking about firing cabinet members and the Fed chair because of a sell off and you get the treasury secretary putting out unvetted stupid comments from a beach in Cabo it is enough. Get the adults in charge, imagine the fiasco if a Lehman Brothers crash happened with this crew.

Comment

• I saw people upset that the market rebounded on Wednesday. They want our economy into recession to increase their chances in the next election.

Comment

• meanwhile, the Shanghai Stock Exchange this year...

3296 12/28/2017

2493 12/28/2018

Comment

• couple of things--yeah cop killings went up 12% --every year seems to be 125-160 I don't know if you can blame it on anything specifically but when you have a severe shortage of applicants to boot this last year or two the pendulum has once again swayed too far
                      god bless the singh family
                      cant look at that Christmas picture and not think about my son his wife and their 1 month old daughter my grandaaughter shortly before he went to work Tuesday night --dustin my kid was in his full gear too--eerily similar --wife small kid no nod but similar tree similar poses

RSV (respiratory virus) was their nemesis this year--granddaughter in the hospia;l getting suctioned every 2 hours admitted after 8 hours after the Christmas picture but discharged yesterday

Last edited by crashcourse; December 28, 2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Want to take bets on whether the gun that killed officer #RonilSingh is illegally owned? What are the chances that an #IllegalAlien would go through proper channels to own a LEGAL firearm?

DviAxf3WwAEEJhc.jpg

Comment

• Yep. Whatever "law abiding citizen" who wasn't responsible enough not to lose his gun should be held accountable.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump Derangement Syndrome

dude's been fired lmao

Comment

• Dvl_HK_X4AAmGMl.jpg:small.jpg

New Jersey prosecutors have collected evidence that supervisors at President Trump’s Garden State golf club may have committed federal immigration crimes — and the FBI as well as specia…

Comment

• remember 2 years ago when I said the left is experience a mass hysteria? they are starting to break...

the entire left needs to take a Xanax and get some serious mental health

not very ladylike behavior if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                                X