Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Are you saying she can deny him access to the physical space to hold the SOTU? Seriously? If so, I can't wait for the video spoof as if he's in an office and there's a squabble over who booked the boardroom at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Turkey has filed papers with Interpol to extradite Enes Kanter: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ew-york-knicks

Hopefully this case will draw some much needed attention to efforts by the likes of Turkey and Russia and others to file these horseshit "red notices" to get dissident living abroad extradited back to the appropriate Thug Regime for their torture and murder. It's fucking appalling.
      Russia has attempted to harass Bill Browder many times using this method.

Comment

• Don't give the dude any ideas, the rubes would eat up Trump trying to get into the House and being rebuffed.

Comment

• I agree that barring him access would be fuel on the fire, but she's probably thought that through. It may be enough to note the Neilsen line about the need for security, and the lack of funding for the people who provide it. We'll see. But people are certainly gobbling this up right now as if it's a masterful move.

Comment

• Enes Kanter is a really interesting story -- I don't know that anyone maintains a list of famous and stateless people, but he's got to be near the top. And is right in the middle of my own personal Venn diagram. Might try and write something. He could end up a very sad story if he's not banking most of his salary right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              I agree that barring him access would be fuel on the fire, but she's probably thought that through. It may be enough to note the Neilsen line about the need for security, and the lack of funding for the people who provide it. We'll see. But people are certainly gobbling this up right now as if it's a masterful move.
              First of all, as Talent already said, hurrah for anything that puts the SOTU speech in its grave.

Word from the WH had already leaked that his SOTU speech was going to contain lots of Democrat-bashing and cast blame on them for the shutdown. Why give him the floor of the House for 75+ minutes to shout that garbage? Let him deliver it from the WH if he wants. Or maybe Mitch can invite him instead. I dunno.

Comment

• I think it's best used as a way to highlight the insanity of his formal position here. Any boycott should be framed as a security concern, and any light made of it by the other side can be used to call into question the nature of the security concern on the border.

Comment

• The more you agree with me, DSL, the more you're able to paper over your disgraceful educational experience from Lorain to the Lorain of Cayuga.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 1. The SOTU is here to stay
                    2. Letting him Democrat bash for 75 minutes will help them and not him, he's actually really bad at persuading this case to undecideds.
                    3. I still appreciate the trolling by Pelosi, I just don't think it's actually helpful.
                    Last edited by froot loops; January 16, 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• I think I generally agree that letting him do it would be giving him the rope he'll need to hang himself, or at least help in that goal. And any ability to preserve process should be taken. Theresa May is not and was never a Brexiteer. But she and quite a few others in the UK really do understand that in a democracy the means never justify the end, so she soldiers on in that British way, knowing she has no political future and it'll be a while before she's thanked for her service. For all the reverential blather in America, there aren't a lot of people really demonstrating the truth that the process is the most important asset a democracy has, and must be protected whilst simultaenously being challenged or reformed.

Comment

• Yeah May has been in a tough spot, view any and all criticism from the opposition leaders with high skepticism.

Comment

• She's probably a jackass -- just look at the circles she runs in -- but I hope history remembers her well. Not a whole lot of others right now who are actually a net positive in support of the democratic process.

Comment

• They rejected that deal yesterday and people like Johnson were saying that will force the EU to give them a better deal. It is truly delusional.

Comment

• Utterly.

Comment

• Pelosi has just potentially saved me from two hours of wasted time in front of the tube. No ramblings from the Liar-In-Chief, no herd of grumpy cats sitting silently on the the dem side, and no circus of barking trained seals on the repub side. I can spend the time catching up on Man In The High Castle.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X