No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with the denial is the most logical explanation for the lie to congress is that it was a coordinated effort. I guess you could argue that Cohen masterminded the deflection all by himself to shield his Capo but that seems unlikely in my eyes. We know Trump was the one who dictated the statement released as Donald Trump Jr. about the Trump Tower meeting being about adoptions. He's not the type of guy to keep things at arms length to avoid incrimination as far as I can tell. He is his own PR firm and his own chief of staff. It seems totally logical, the question is if there is any corroborating evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The problem with the denial is the most logical explanation for the lie to congress is that it was a coordinated effort. I guess you could argue that Cohen masterminded the deflection all by himself to shield his Capo but that seems unlikely in my eyes. We know Trump was the one who dictated the statement released as Donald Trump Jr. about the Trump Tower meeting being about adoptions. He's not the type of guy to keep things at arms length to avoid incrimination as far as I can tell. He is his own PR firm and his own chief of staff. It seems totally logical, the question is if there is any corroborating evidence.
      Yes.

But this is still the same rebuttal held for all these suddenly rogue actors under Trump's reign: He can't control what x, y, z (capped for brevity) did and he certainly had no piece in them doing it.

In all damning circumstances, Trump will have to play the ultimate and universal victim -- a card of ironic default for such a cult of personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        The problem with the denial is the most logical explanation for the lie to congress is that it was a coordinated effort. I guess you could argue that Cohen masterminded the deflection all by himself to shield his Capo but that seems unlikely in my eyes. We know Trump was the one who dictated the statement released as Donald Trump Jr. about the Trump Tower meeting being about adoptions. He's not the type of guy to keep things at arms length to avoid incrimination as far as I can tell. He is his own PR firm and his own chief of staff. It seems totally logical, the question is if there is any corroborating evidence.
        The Trump Tower in Russia thing isn't illegal, and it has absolutely nothing to do with collusion.

There is no reason for Trump to try and conceal it from questions under oath. Was there communication between Putin and Trump? no. Did Cohen travel to Russia? no. Was the tower ever built? no.

Failing to see an illegality here... What would be Trump's motivation to suborn perjury to conceal something that wasn't a crime? No sure how "logical" it is at all.

Comment

• Comment

• I've been asking that for this whole time, if everything is on the up and up why are these fellows lying all the time?

Comment

• Cohen had no problem admitting he was directed by Trump to pay for the NDAs, then why wouldn't he have admitted to lying to Congress at Trump's request? He said he lied because of the loyalty HE FELT towards Trump, not that he was instructed to lie.

Comment

• Comment

• Tick...Tick...Tick...
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Tick...Tick...Tick...

Comment

• Maybe he'll do the right thing instead.........like resign.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Pretty disinclined to believe it then. I assume the Trumpsters here have a newfound respect for Mueller?

Comment

• I'm sure there is an innocent explanation
                            Somebody's dick just went limp

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, when no other media source can confirm in 24 hours, that's a pretty big red flag. If BuzzFeed got majorly burned here I would hope they would say fuck it and reveal their sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X