Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50489393_1241634669317784_207545833493626880_n.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• MAGA!!! Trouble is, the parents are probably actually proud of this.

A crowd of teenagers surrounded a Native American elder and other activists and appeared to mock them after Friday’s Indigenous Peoples March at the Lincoln Memorial.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Giuliani wouldn't commit either way if Trump talked to Cohen about his congressional testimony beforehand or not.

This bit of dialogue also has one of Trumpland's favorite rhetorical devices: "He didn't do it. He didn't do it. He didn't do it. But so what if he did?"

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 20, 2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Actually, it is a "so what?" The Nation's First Mayor already issued a denial of the BuzzFeed allegations. Did Tapper ask the Nation's First Mayor if PDJT told Cohen to lie to Congress? That seems to me to be the germane question. "Talked to" is nothing. That's EXACTLY how he should answer it -- answer the question directly -- "I don't know" -- and then point out the absence of significance of the fact sought.

Again, ask if he knows whether PDJT told Cohen to lie.
            Last edited by iam416; January 20, 2019, 10:42 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• That's a lawyerly view and I'd probably agree. I'm looking at it more from the angle of fitting a pattern of lying or dissembling about little details every step of the way and then acting astonished that anyone would find your behavior suspicious.

The best example is possibly the Trump Tower/Russia meeting. Consider the evolution of Trumpworld's response to that.

1) There was no meeting
              2) Ok so there was a meeting. So what? It wasn't important
              3) Ok so Manafort, Don Jr., and Kushner were there. SO what? It was about Russian adoptions, a passionate subject for all three.
              4) Ok so it turns out Trump did know about the meeting beforehand. So what?
              5) Ok so the meeting was supposed to be about dirt on Hillary, not adoptions. So what? Happens every day
              6) Ok so we thought we'd be meeting Russian govt officials. So what? It turns out they were faking
              7) Ok so it turns out the lawyer has a ton of Russian Intelligence connections after all. So what?
              8) Ok so remember how we said Trump had nothing to do with drafting Don Jr's statement? It turns out he made some suggestions. So what?
              9) Ok so it turns out he dictated the whole thing. So what? Is it a crime to lie to the media now? Huh? Is it?
              10) Yes we keep lying about the details but so what? We're telling the truth this time. Really wish the Fake News would stop implying we're not trustworthy

Comment

• This number comes from the recent Marist/NPR poll. The funny thing is, the same poll says his approval overall is at 40% (-14). So some aide somewhere is pouring through data subsets desperately looking for anything positive they can tell the Boss.

Comment

• Yeah, look, I'm with you on their general stratagery. I'm just saying this is a bad example. Everyone I've ever seen testify under oath has spoken with lots of people about their testimony beforehand, including attorneys. So, I actually am with the First Mayor on this -- he doesn't know because it's probably not a question that ever occured to him to ask because it's such an inconsequential question.

The only way the answer could have any significance is if he the answer was "no."

Anywho, I mostly thought it was an odd question to ask -- I didn't see the segment, so I assume Tapper asked the question that actually matters.

Comment

• DSL, that could be used as a template for all of Trump's administration. I can't wait to see 2-9 on this one:

1) I have never had contact with Putin.
                    10) Okay so it turns out I'm trading US secrets and intel for the right to develop properties in Russia after my administration ends, so what?

On an unrelated note, Trump's "DACA 4 A WALL" gambit was a laughable non-starter, trying to create the illusion he is a negotiator like his spin factory says he is. Hey dumfuk, instead, make them an offer they can not refuse....you'll resign if they fund the wall. (I'm all in - $5B is cheap to rid this nation of a witting, willing Russian agent. We could create jobs later by funding the wall's removal. A win-win situation, no Trump no wall.)
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• lol, this gets even better. The same poll Trump's using to tout his approval among Hispanics found 57% of registered voters say they will "definitely" be voting against him.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      This number comes from the recent Marist/NPR poll. The funny thing is, the same poll says his approval overall is at 40% (-14). So some aide somewhere is pouring through data subsets desperately looking for anything positive they can tell the Boss.

Comment

• The angry Wall People yesterday were finally the ones to correctly characterize that $5.7bn - sufficient for maybe enough wall to cover up to 20% of the border, and no more.

Comment

• Talent- Tapper did eventually ask him directly if Trump told Cohen to lie. Giuliani said no.

Our old buddy George Conway was not impressed by America's Mayor, FWIW

Comment

• I strongly disagree with your beloved George Conway. Now, if Dorf had said it....

BTW, Giuliani probably knows something about criminal cases.

Comment

• Tony Mendez is best known for the daring rescue mission which inspired the Ben Affleck film.

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, the fuller video of the dreaded white make Catholic school kids shows a little fuller account of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X