No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One count obstruction, five counts of false statements, and one count witness tampering

Comment

• Mr. Stone, a self-described dirty trickster, has changed his story about whether he had advance knowledge in 2016 of leaks of emails aimed at hurting Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Comment

• DSL was right about the meeting of the Grand Jury convening on Thursday signaling an indictment would be issued on Friday. Stone goes down.

As I understand it, the indictment involves his lying to investigators about his email and text exchanges with a WIkiLeaks intermediary. All of this had to do with HRC's DNC emails and Russian hacks of DNC servers. There is nothing in the indictment that involves collusion with Russian principals.

However, WPO is calling this a "speaking indictment." In it, Mueller is speaking of more to come. ABC legal analyst, Dab Abrams, thinks the indictment signals that Mueller knows that the Trump campaign new about the Russian DNC hacks before that info became public.

One has to do a lot of speculative connecting the dots on this but if the Trump campaign was aware of the hacks, were they involved with the Russians in undertaking them? Was Trump involved either directly as in working though intermediaries in coordinating Russian hacks of the DNC or indirectly as in having knowledge of them? Keep in mind, there is nothing in the indictment to suggest Mueller knows the answers to either of these questions but some are suggesting this is a message to the WH that he does know.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• that is a ton of speculation and from people that have made a name for themselves by hyping the Russian collusion myth and constantly get it wrong.
          Last edited by Kapture1; January 25, 2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• I agree with this take ........ Frankly, I don't get the mystery side of the Mueller investigation but then again, I don't understand how prosecutors build a case. To me, the investigation would be over already if Mueller's team couldn't connect the President to Russian activity designed to disrupt or influence the Presidential election process. They've had, what? 2 years.

OTH, that the investigation has gone on for so long could suggest they do have a connection but have to make sure that every evidentiary aspect of an indictment of Donald Trump is absolutely unassailable.

TBF, as is the case with most Federal Investigations, they uncover a shit ton of unrelated illegal activity. We just have to wait and see and the completion of this thing can't come soon enough for me. It is absolutely driving the news cycle and I tire of it.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There were quite a few sealed indictments yesterday that may be related.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                There were quite a few sealed indictments yesterday that may be related.
                but are more than 99% likely not.

Comment

• After the July 22, 2016 release of stolen DNC emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1. 13. STONE also corresponded with associates about contacting Organization 1 in order to obtain additional emails damaging to the Clinton Campaign.

The campaign official here is probably either Manafort or Bannon (not sure on the timing off the top of my head). And not many people could have told Manafort/Bannon what to do...

Comment

• Of some note, Pochontas joins the sprint to the left that some insist is not going on with her takings proposal on sheer wealth. Not earnings. Not income. Just, hey, we're taking money from you. Fortunately, it's brazenly unconstitutional, but as a matter of politics it's clear she can see the writing on the wall. A woman is going to get the nomination, Harris is younger and and she's actually diverse. Harris, though, wasn't huge on a soak the rich plan with her rollout, so Warren is trying to get into that lane. Gillibrand, the most brazenly political of the bunch, as the #MeToo lane. Harris is sort of in the left-center generalist lane, and Warren is definitely in the #soaktherich lane. Klobachar will eventually get into the same general lane as Harris (IMO), but with maybe a bit more seriousness and some "middle america" bona fides.

All very interesting. I still think Harris is going to get it. I feel very strongly that it'll be a woman and Harris has the best appeal (at least at this early stage). Klubes is a bit of a wildcard in my book. I think she could be a real threat. Gillibrand has some baggage and she's glaringly political. She's not quite Corey Booker bad in that regard, but she's close. And Warren too old and too white, IMO.

I guess Joe Biden is still a real option. Can't downplay that name value, especially in such a crowded field where 25% may win Iowa and NH. In that regard, Sanders could make some waves, but his time is past. Sherrod Brown is a pretty good campaigner and I think he will play well, but he's behind Biden and he's a white male.

Anyway, I find the politics interesting, especially the race to the left for a party some insist isn't moving left that much.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• they were told about POTENTIAL future releases lol

So this is a crime now? Speculation is a crime? Fact finding and oppo research is a crime now?

And if Trump was in bed with Putin and or Wikileaks, why would he need to contact Stone to see what he knew about more releases??
                      Last edited by Kapture1; January 25, 2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• meanwhile Hillary can destroy her hard drives, delete 40,000 emails while under subpoena, finance a document that starts an investigation into the opposing campaign that is proven to be nothing but lies.

yeah I see how this works

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Of some note, Pochontas joins the sprint to the left that some insist is not going on with her takings proposal on sheer wealth. Not earnings. Not income. Just, hey, we're taking money from you. Fortunately, it's brazenly unconstitutional, but as a matter of politics it's clear she can see the writing on the wall. A woman is going to get the nomination, Harris is younger and and she's actually diverse. Harris, though, wasn't huge on a soak the rich plan with her rollout, so Warren is trying to get into that lane. Gillibrand, the most brazenly political of the bunch, as the #MeToo lane. Harris is sort of in the left-center generalist lane, and Warren is definitely in the #soaktherich lane. Klobachar will eventually get into the same general lane as Harris (IMO), but with maybe a bit more seriousness and some "middle america" bona fides.

All very interesting. I still think Harris is going to get it. I feel very strongly that it'll be a woman and Harris has the best appeal (at least at this early stage). Klubes is a bit of a wildcard in my book. I think she could be a real threat. Gillibrand has some baggage and she's glaringly political. She's not quite Corey Booker bad in that regard, but she's close. And Warren too old and too white, IMO.

I guess Joe Biden is still a real option. Can't downplay that name value, especially in such a crowded field where 25% may win Iowa and NH. In that regard, Sanders could make some waves, but his time is past. Sherrod Brown is a pretty good campaigner and I think he will play well, but he's behind Biden and he's a white male.

Anyway, I find the politics interesting, especially the race to the left for a party some insist isn't moving left that much.
                          many more cringe shit like this and it might change the calculation with Kamala.

Comment

• Hillary 2016: "Pokemon-Go to the polls"
                            Kamala 2020: "I'm a Wakanda or whatever, vote for me you oafs"?

Comment

• vhhzwkbp5kc21.jpg?width=739&auto=webp&s=66bd494dbe92072f85fe2107e91b51118f647e28.jpg

Comment

• Law enforcement raided Stone's house, and CNN witnessed uniformed and armed law enforcement approach his house just after 6 a.m. ET in Fort Lauderdale

well nice to see our intelligence agencies keeping cnn in the loop prior to the operation

Comment

Working...
                                X