Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    ...he still wouldn't know who you are. Or me.

According to Merriam Webster I'm being too kind. Do you know the right word for not-in-the-top-four? I don't but it's probably not fifthiary.

Strunk would HATE "He still wouldn't know who you are, or me"

5th? Quinary, I believe. But no, You are going the wrong way. It wasn't even secondary, really.

The two things that you had an issue with is in me believing that Sessions was honorable and your mistaken belief that 'halcyon' mandated some time in the past.

Nothing has changed: (1) I still believe in Sessions' honor and integrity (even in my political disagreements with him). Surely, you must agree that me believing Sessions to be 'honorable' is a matter of a personal opinion that I am allowed? Likewise, I am sure, you find some people honorable that I do not . You could have simply said "AA, you find him honorable, but I do not! I think he is a racist and I think he hates poor folks!" (or whatever) and I would have let it go. But when you essentially say" No, you are wrong, you do NOT find him honorable" well, I disagree and here we are.

(2) halcyon is NOT restricted -by definition- to some time in the past. At least not with the dictionaries I use. Though, admittedly, using it to detail a successful or prosperous time in the past is how it is often used, that increasingly common usage has not altered its definition. At least not yet.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Made me think of you, hack. And with that, I am out. Have a good weekend.
      Attached Files
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Lol
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree to be good-natured about whatever you want to call me if you just quite being butthurt about the fact that writing actually isn't your forte. If it were, you would have learned that nobody gives a fuck about your vocabulary. Nobody ever read a piece called ``Check out my big-brain word choices". Quick jacking off on the page and just make your point.

Comment

• Read to express, not to impress...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              I agree to be good-natured about whatever you want to call me if you just quite being butthurt about the fact that writing actually isn't your forte. If it were, you would have learned that nobody gives a fuck about your vocabulary. Nobody ever read a piece called ``Check out my big-brain word choices". Quick jacking off on the page and just make your point.
              -Butthurt? lmao.

-No, writing is not my strength. Then again, it isn't yours, either. At least nothing is in evidence to the contrary here.

-Big-brain word choices? Honorable and halcyon are big-brained? hahaha.

-My point? Here it is. Again:

The two things that you had an issue with is in me believing that Sessions was honorable and your mistaken belief that 'halcyon' mandated some time in the past.

Nothing has changed: (1) I still believe in Sessions' honor and integrity (even in my political disagreements with him). Surely, you must agree that me believing Sessions to be 'honorable' is a matter of a personal opinion that I am allowed? Likewise, I am sure, you find some people honorable that I do not. You could have simply said "AA, you find him honorable, but I do not! I think he is a racist and I think he hates poor folks!" (or whatever) and I would have let it go. But when you essentially say "No, you are wrong, you do NOT find him honorable" well, I disagree and here we are.

(2) halcyon is NOT restricted -by definition- to some time in the past. At least not with the dictionaries I use. Though, admittedly, using it to detail a successful or prosperous time in the past is how it is often used, that increasingly common usage has not altered its definition. At least not yet.
              To recap:

You went into a pedantic fit over the two words mentioned above on a message board. lol. I rebuffed your pedantry for two reasons: (1) Correcting people on spelling, grammar, or word choice on a message board gets a Nazi label for a reason. It is the worst, and (2) You were wrong on both of your "corrections" and you don't like being called on it.

Comment

• Now to something really important.

The guy that voices Archer is now doing Arby's commercials and he doesn't look at all like Archer

That just ain't right...

kpZBpEdl6Qfl.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hack,

Really, this is becoming tiresome. I responded when you tasked me, but even you have to be tired of this exchange. I know I am.

So, in the spirit of reconciliation and with a genuine desire to end this, I hereby appoint you as the SOLE and FINAL judge to determine whether another person is allowed to find someone "honorable". Further, I have pulled my dictionaries down from their rich mahogany shelves and written in ink under each halcyon entry: "MUST BE IN REFERENCE TO THE PAST!!!1"

Please accept this olive branch in the spirit that it is surely intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Now to something really important.

The guy that voices Archer is now doing Arby's commercials and he doesn't look at all like Archer

That just ain't right...

kpZBpEdl6Qfl.jpg
                    That's where I know his voice! That has bugged me!

Comment

• Accepted. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Now to something really important.

That just ain't right...

kpZBpEdl6Qfl.jpg
                        Kind of funny, but every major voice actor on that show looks a lot like their character EXCEPT for Archer.

Comment

• In case you missed it. The New York Post headline about Bezos and the Enquirer.

BEZOS EXPOSES PECKER

Comment

• He's also the voice on Bob's Burgers.

Stop talking about Strunk, crash will get confused and start talking about Lisa Page.

More on Trump's besties.
                            Threatening to reveal Jeff Bezos’ “dick p*ck” was just the latest strong-arm tactic. “The nice way of calling it was quid pro quo,” one veteran said, “but really it was blackmail.”

Comment

• Strunk &... WHITE?

Comment

• I can't wait to see how fast Harris is chucked to the side when Michelle 0bama announces. She might check the most intersectional boxes right now, but add tranny to the list and she's toast.

Comment

Working...
                                X