No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Gov Bill Weld (Maryland) has announced that he is going to run for President in 2020 on the Republican side.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Dr. Strangelove's boy, Rich Lowry, touts Dr. Strangelove's boy, SHERROD!!!!!! https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ats-best-hope/
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Former Gov Bill Weld (Maryland) has announced that he is going to run for President in 2020 on the Republican side
        Massachusetts, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          ask congress that question. Trump tried to work with them, and they spit in the face of the American people. at a minimum they had a responsibility to tell us why they came up with less than what the security experts say they need, but they didn't.
          Of course, a strong majority of Americans (when polled) say they do not want the wall. An even larger majority object to the President declaring a national emergency to build the wall. The president declaring a national emergency to get around Congressional power of the purse is a very dangerous path to be walking.

BTW, there was a deal not that long ago for Trump to get $25 billion for the wall in return for the DACA kids. Sects Coulter and Limbaugh bitched about it and Trump knuckled under (just like he does with all strong personalities that hold power) faster than he could tell a lite.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Massachusetts, right?
            Yeah. Sorry bout that heard it real quick in passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Dr. Strangelove's boy, Rich Lowry, touts Dr. Strangelove's boy, SHERROD!!!!!! https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ats-best-hope/
              Heh heh

Man, this Trump speech today was one of his most rambling, incoherent messes yet. Was more about China and how that talks are going well, but maybe not so well, but they do good work killing the drug dealers and did I mention women with tape over the mouths?

No prepared remarks for a moment where Trump plans to massively expand the powers of the Presidency. Just wing it. And wing it he did.

Now it's time for a wonderful weekend of golf to get his mind off this 'urgent crisis'

Comment

• Trump praises China for executing its drug dealers.

Two months ago he signed the First Step Act, which (among other things) reduced prison sentences for drug dealers.

Trump whines that no one talks about how the USMCA will force Mexico to pay for the Wall.

That's because the USMCA isn't law yet, I don't believe the text has been made public, plenty of Republicans have signaled skepticism, and there's literally no way to prove this claim is true (if Trump said it, it probably isn't)

Trump says it's no big deal to take money from the military for the Wall because there was plenty tied up in unimportant projects.

So wait, your DOD wastes billions of dollars on unimportant shit, and you're still pressing for them to get even more?

Comment

• Oh and finally he admits "I didn't need to do this", which'll be cited in every lawsuit filed to undermine his claims of national emergency.

But the truth is Coulter's probably right. Trump doesn't give a shit if this emergency gambit works or not; it's only important to him to be seen doing something and 'fighting', to keep the rubes who support him in line.

His entire reelection strategy is going to be 'play exclusively to the base' and that's why he'll lose (barring the Dems nominating a loonie).

Comment

• (barring the Dems nominating a loonie)
                    It's a damn shame this has to be caveated.

Comment

• As a climate person, I'm rooting for the national emergency declaration. Even with it, he can't build a wall, a fence, or even plant a hedge. And America is pretty resistant to hitting bottom already, so this could help speed the process.

But it's interesting how we on both sides keep on cheering the other side's percieved extremism. The right thinks AOC is the gift that will keep on giving. The left thinks the same of Trump and maybe some others. Both can't be right.

On the other hand, one could be right, or both could be wrong. Probably the whole concept is illustrative of a greater problem though.

Comment

• Trump undermined his case last fall when it was agreed upon $25B for a wall. Trump promptly scrubbed the agreement by adding a demand to vastly reduce the number of allowable legal immigrants. So if a wall is less important than a last moment demand for fewer LEGAL immigrants, how is this a "national emergency"?
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So far of all the candidates, I see fairly straightforward Dems and then Bernie. I think people overestimate Bernie Sanders. There's just too many candidates right now. Anything can happen, incumbent presidents tend to get re-elected and the GOP is united behind their president like nobody else in recent memory.

Comment

• Much like the German right in the 1930s. Same lead-me-by-the-nose-ring-please-think-for-me mentality.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• the GOP is united behind their president like nobody else in recent memory.
                              Well, the Ds were pretty well united behind Obama. Just like the Germans were with Hitler.

Comment

• Both can't be right
                                Why on earth not? I think the sentiment that both PDJT or Palin-Cortez are gifts to the others side is premised on their impact on swing voters. I know that's how I view it. And it's certainly possible -- and even likely -- that swing voters are turned off by either extreme. IMO, the only way PDJT can win in 2020 is if the swing voters are even more turned off by the alternative devil than the known devil.

Comment

Working...
                                X