No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, jeez. When DSL catches on to the fact that his crashcourse foreplay is being ignored he sure gets cranky.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think what AA is trying to say is he didn't much care for Vigilante Force, because it shamelessly ripped off the Blaxploitation classic Bucktown.

It is what we refer to in the oeuvre as "Lesser Kristofferson"

Comment

• Lets not forget 'Vigilante Force' with the worlds greatest athlete Jan Micheal Vincent

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

This embarrassing hackery from PNN-beloved VDH NAILS IT!!!!

The whole premise is that the 'deep state' decided to destroy Donald Trump in 2016 or even earlier and was so committed to this that they leaked absolutely nothing about the FBI investigating until after the election had taken place.

Rosenstein's committed countless crimes including treason, LMAO. He's also STILL Deputy AG.

Enjoy that Alex Jones world you live in.
          there was no reason to leak, they never thought Trump would win. Ever. They were convinced Hillary was going to win. When she didn't, like the rest of the left (they are human after all) they had to explain why their worldview was turned on it's head. The idea being pushed every day after day after day was that Putin helped Trump and they were in bed. Now that investigation is coming to it's conclusion, we see there was nothing there, but you can see this line of thought with what McCabe has said. The existence of the initial investigation would have never seen the light of day if Hillary won. The unmasking and the FISA warrant, Trump wasn't made aware that Trump tower was tapped until the transition, and the next day he packed up and moved operation to NJ never to return. Who paid a visit to Trump at that time?

I like the air quotes around deep state as if it is some conspiracy theory. Problem with that is the former deputy FBI director and former acting FBI director is admitting to being apart of discussions revolving around removing the duly elected president of the United States because his candidate lost and he didn't like the president. Few things, I hesitate to take the word of a partisan hack that was fired for lying to investigators lol. I tend to believe Rosenstein's take on it, on the other hand he recommend the firing of Comey, then was fine with Mueller investigating obstruction because of it. Who knows, I hope both McCabe and Rosenstein are hauled in front of the Senate and we get some answers. Beyond that I hope the new AG opens an investigation.

Comment

• Just watched the Fyre Festival thing on Netflix. Good god, what a mess. I had never even heard of it.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Peckinpaw was worse on Pat Garrett, there is a story that Dylan walked into a house that Sam was staying at after he heard a gunshot and found Sam buck naked with a shotgun and a broken mirror.

Comment

• Borgnine was at his finest in The Wild Bunch.

Comment

• That and Marty - Wasnt really a big fan. ?P?o?s?e?i?d?o?n? ?A?d?v?e?n?t?u?r?e?

Comment

• Comment

• I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last weekend .... twice. For me, classic rock of the 80s probably beats virtually every pop music genre there is. Freddie Mercury, who was the heart and soul of Queen, is without question among the top rock singers of all times. According to some of the best, he was THE best. He had extraordinary vocal skills and coupled with his ability to write music, he catapulted himself and his band to stardom.

As is the case with so many talented artists, he succumbed to excess and the greed of several people around him who, instead of steering him in the right direction, encouraged his excesses as a means of controlling his talent...... that part of the movie was very accurate despite claims of overall inaccuracies in the film. The actor that played Mercury, Rami Malek, won a Golden Globe for Best Actor. He was unbelievable. There were several scenes where my wife and I had to ask is that video of the real Mercury or is it Rami Malek. Malek said, he never thought that he could BE Freddie Mercury. He studied every aspect of him, including his classic movements and his real life girlfriend, who also played the part of Mercury's real life wife, Mary Austin, said it was amazing to see an actor disappear from who he is in real life and become another person. The essence of great acting.

The guy who teaches one of my favorite spin classes is a rock aficionado, loves Queen and had a 20 minute segment in his hour class of mixed Queen greats. That I had just watched the movie the day before made that whole 20 minute segment of ball busting exercise all the more enjoyable. With my heart rate at 95% of max and my legs burning, I'm cranking away at 240+ watts to "We are the Champions." I tried to sing it but couldn't hit the high notes .......

We are the champions, my friends
                      And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
                      We are the champions
                      We are the champions
                      No time for losers
                      'Cause we are the champions

Perfect song for thinking I was cycling and wearing the the maillot jaune, the yellow jersey, the signature chemise of the Tour de France leader.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We're renting it now, my friend is walking 5 miles around the lake a day to Queen.

Ill give my expert review tomorrow and believe me, I know everything about the band as possible form a fans point of view. :-)

Comment

• [QUOTE]Is a rock aficionado, loves Queen[/QUOTE

Sorry, but those two do not go together...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Not everyone loved Queen or thought Freddie Mercury was a star. He was definitely unique with, for the time, a very off the wall stage persona.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've been attempting to ignore the Kristofferson conversation up to this point, but has anyone mentioned his groundbreaking work in the film Convoy, directed by a coked-out-of-his-mind Sam Peckinpah? Alongside an overly tan Ali McGraw, Ernest Borgnine, and Rocky's brother-in-law?
                              Grade A stuff, DSL.

It is what we refer to in the oeuvre as "Lesser Kristofferson"
                              Even better. You may still one day surpass Wildcat00 as my favorite faux Ivy poster.

Perfect song for thinking I was cycling and wearing the the maillot jaune, the yellow jersey, the signature chemise of the Tour de France leader.
                              But, this -- man, I really like Buchanan speaking the language of cycling and throwing in gratuitous French left and right. I think I like that better than his standard gratuitous English.

All in all, it's clear that AlabamAlum's return and hack's love of Kristofferson has inspired this gulag of ne'er-do-wells to heights of some sort. Well done.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 20, 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X