No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talent, Queen rocks. Real men with brains spin. Riding outside these days is a death wish waiting to come true. I am on track to not out live the balance of my IRA holdings. I don't want that jeopardized by riding outside with crazy men, much younger than I am, clad in tight biking shorts. Only Hack would like to look at that.

Giant vag., my ass.

AA has your good day nailed.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 20, 2019, 09:33 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You struck me as a peleton type of guy.

I don't get the cycling outfits, I run on Hines Drive and I am always bemused by the outfits these cyclists wear.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        So apparently amongst this group are people who go to spin classes, know Kris Kristofferson trivia or use the word 'cycling', and yet somehow it's me that gets labeled the commie pinko liberal here.
        I don't blame you for being irritated. You are not a commie pinko liberal. You are a commie pinko progressive.

Comment

• I prefer exposure to middle-aged men in compression pants and knee braces in high school gyms, but that's because I mostly play basketball. Which is of course nowhere near as defensible as paying for some millenial to yell encouragement at you in a room with mirrors and glitter.

Comment

• I don't get the cycling outfits, I run on Hines Drive and I am always bemused by the outfits these cyclists wear.
            Look the part be the part, motherfucker.

The gear is very functional. If you spend 3-4 hours on a bike you'll really want the ass-padding that is sewn into bike shorts. And jerseys are just wicking. Unfortunately, not everyone looks as good in tight clothing as I do. I'm sure we'd all prefer Buchanan where a snow mobile suit, indoor or out.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My running has declined from 1000 miles/yr to about 500. Mostly because my knees can't sustain 40-50 mile weeks in the winter when I'm not riding. But, I can still manage 20-25 ok, though my fitness has declined.

That said, when I coach my son's basketball team and have to step in and play for a few minutes or do drills with them, I feel my joints exploding. I'd have to eat Advil if I did a 2 hour run. Fortunately, I think I made the most of it when I still could play. And, I tell ya, converting 6th graders from their natural World B. Free inclinations to at least somewhat team-oriented -- that's fantastic.

The rest of you Kristofferson slurping cockpots can STFU.

Comment

• Apparently all it takes for talent to brag about how he looks in tight clothes is Buchanan mentioning one spin class. I guess Jeff should be flattered, but probably at least some of you are already as uncomfortable as I am about this. I would hope.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Apparently all it takes for talent to brag about how he looks in tight clothes is Buchanan mentioning one spin class. I guess Jeff should be flattered, but probably at least some of you are already as uncomfortable as I am about this. I would hope.
                    lol
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My goal is to get back up to a 1000 miles for this year, but a lot of that is treadmill running. Treadmill running sucks. The older you get, I find you have to be vigilant about changing shoes or the knees and back are gone.

I get the argument/rationalization about the cycling outfit functionality, that's fine but the multiple colors like they are a billboard is the puzzling part. The guys in the Tour are getting paid to sponsor.

Comment

• Talent wearing a Lance Armstrong outfit to ride a Schwinn around his neighborhood reminds me of when I first started taking flying lessons. My first lesson was classroom time. As the class started, some dude came in wearing a flight suit and Ray-Ban aviators. I thought he was another instructor, but nah. It was a fellow student who had bought a flight suit from an Army-Navy store.

Funny stuff. But I hear the flight suit was padded and wicking.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My goal is to get back up to a 1000 miles for this year, but a lot of that is treadmill running.
                          I only count outdoor miles. Treadmill miles do, in fact, suck, but they're easier on the knees than asphalt and easier on the soul than a gusting headwind in 20 degree weather.

7000 cycling miles/500 running miles is the entirely doable goal for 2019. Roughly 475 outdoor hours for the year. My best was maybe 7800/1000 or 8600/800 (abut 550 hours for each year -- or roughly 90 minutes of outdoor time every day (on average).

I get the argument/rationalization about the cycling outfit functionality, that's fine but the multiple colors like they are a billboard is the puzzling part
                          Well, it's not really rationalizing or arguing. It just is. I prefer simple kits and using shoes and socks as "flashy". In any event, cycling is full of overweight, middle age dudes riding $12,000 bikes very slowly. And I'm sure they've spent a ton on their apparel, too. But the money they spend on bikes given their relative ability is astounding. It's like buying -- [pick your uber expensive sports car] to drive in a school zone.

Comment

• It is good and natural that the word "cycling" triggers the word "Schwinn".

Comment

• wfyzwt64llh21.jpg?width=631&auto=webp&s=e4d39cfc920804e3d0034c56844141ebde80d399.jpg

Comment

• Heh

Comment

Working...
                                X