Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we've all changed

the talk is productive

ive never been one to vote straight ticket year after year--feels like if you always vote straight ticket your mind wont be changed about anything.

never saw star is born version 1 or 2 but was KK better then the cooper version

I got around to watching ready player one--good movie

watched the favoroute --shitty movie

black panther was meh

ant and the wasp I thought was really good

time to rewatch athe whole game of thrones series for before next month

Comment

• Yes, it does make it sort of not a big deal. For me it calls into question the point of having this process. Why do we have an extraordinarily expensive process for information security that does not need to be taken seriously? There are other examples. Once the volume of classified docs started to really increase 15 years ago, that required many more people to manage the system, and then suddenly we got Bradley Manning and Reality Winner. My understanding -- and some of you could be in a position to correct me -- is that the volume of information created required more contracting with Booz Allen Hamilton and others to manage the system, and it is of course any secrecy system is inherently less secure when the secrets are shared with more people.

The whole thing just suggests that security of information may not actually be the point of the system.
      Yeah, I can't comment on the macro stuff. I can say I certainly believe, with all my heart, that there are a number of cottage industries based on ginned up need. I can also say I certainly believe that government contracts at any level deserve scrutiny wrt the best interests of the taxpayer -- whether competitively bid or not. I'm less inclined to think security measures fall into the first category, but I certainly think the second could play. I mean, IMO, there is no government contract that I should just presume is on the up and up, (nor would I presume they're crooked). So, if someone told me that they thought a govt contract was shady then I'd think that's a very real possibility.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can make a lot of money in IT if you have a security clearance. But you might have to work in some place like Kuwait.

Comment

• Your hateful NeoLiberalWesternism sickens me. Why do you hate Kuwait, Froot? Why????
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, exactly. This may be to an extent about security, but it is really about money.

Comment

• I have nothing against Kuwait, but I did used to get these recruiter emails about a position there. I want to say it was something like 100 dollars an hour and they were putting you up. They never really said what the company was.

Comment

• Since we're cleared for sensitive material, can we talk about the next gen KH-12 ("Key Hole") satellites?
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Say what you will about Rachel Carson, and I have plenty of negative thoughts there about her impact, but we certainly do have her to thank for the assured long-term existence of this creature:

We have nothing to thank Geezer for. He's done nothing other than to pretend he's a self-made person and not a trust-fund elite who needed daddy's money to get him going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Since we're cleared for sensitive material, can we talk about the next gen KH-12 ("Key Hole") satellites?
                    I heard they really excel at being expensive.

Comment

• Otto Warmbier's parents might not criticize him by name, but they clearly aren't happy about Trump praising Kim Jong-Un and declaring that he had nothing to do with what happened to Otto.

"We have been respectful during this summit process. Now we must speak out. Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto," Fred and Cindy Warmbier said in a statement. "Kim and his evil regime are responsible for unimaginable cruelty and inhumanity. No excuses or lavish praise can change that."

"Kim and his evil regime are responsible for unimaginable cruelty and inhumanity. No excuses or lavish praise can change that," Fred and Cindy Warmbier said.

Comment

• 32bpk5h1ojj21.jpg?width=560&auto=webp&s=8c7bde7f8e0ad6621bdcdb0c9a3eee181d781b1e.jpg

Comment

• Listening to Froot and Geezer argue about such things prompted me to take a look for myself. What figures you use, how you describe them and what you actually want to measure are important.

Here's a telling graph:

The author thinks year-over-year comparisons do the best job of describing how the Obama presidency compares to the Trump presidency with respect to the economy.

in its press release on GDP.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Otto Warmbier's parents might not criticize him by name, but they clearly aren't happy about Trump praising Kim Jong-Un and declaring that he had nothing to do with what happened to Otto.

"We have been respectful during this summit process. Now we must speak out. Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto," Fred and Cindy Warmbier said in a statement. "Kim and his evil regime are responsible for unimaginable cruelty and inhumanity. No excuses or lavish praise can change that."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...leader-n978106
                            0bama should have never left him there to die.

Comment

• amazing what trillion dollar stimulus and 0% interest looks like on a graph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                amazing what trillion dollar stimulus and 0% interest looks like on a graph.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X