Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, with what we know now, there's no way in fucking hell he loses Florida 52-43 or, even worse, only gets 40%.
    This is true. The numbers also seem to indicate that Biden could do well against him there. It's possible that's mainly name recognition.

Comment

• The House's effort to rebuke anti-semitism is causing problems amongst the caucus - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nd=politics-vp

It certainly has triggered the fuck out of GentryProg Poster Child Palin-Cortez.

And, then, of course you have the leaders of the Women's March mocking Pelosi as a "white" feminist doing the bidding of the patriarchy.

These are the New Democrats.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As Federal investigators in multiple jurisdictions delve into the details of the Trump Inaugural Committee, the White House has gone to great pains to insist that neither Trump nor the First Lady had anything to do with the Inauguration planning.

It should surprise absolutely no one that this is a complete and total lie

Comment

• This is true. The numbers also seem to indicate that Biden could do well against him there. It's possible that's mainly name recognition
          If the Ds nominate Biden then the race is over, IMO. I realize I'll incur the wrath of kapture for predicting that, but that's what I feel. Biden would win Florida. I'm not SURE any other D would. I'd bet on Harris, but there's so much time until then, and most of the D clownshow remains largely undefined. So a lot could change. But, Biden isn't undefined. As you note.

I continue to firmly believe that the only question for 2020 is whether the Ds can, almost impossibly, snatch defeat from the jaws of virtually certain victory.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Prepare to hear repeatedly how Trump's numbers with Republicans are sky high, so how can he possibly lose? Nevermind that the total number of people who identify as 'Republican' keeps shrinking.

As long as Trump's approval with Independents keeps hovering around 33% I'll continue to think he's going to lose. That and I don't think he'll do another near-sweep in the Great Lakes, obviously.

Comment

• One last bit of Florida speculation...I think from past elections Healthcare tends to be given greater weight among Florida voters than the average state. And Healthcare is generally one of the topics where Trump gets his worst approval numbers (especially compared with the Economy).

That could have an impact though I'm hesitant to go against past results and say anything other than Trump still has the edge there.

Comment

• Long time between now and the election. Presidents tend to get re-elected. They normally get re-elected because they've done the hard work of expanding the support. He's in much worse position than George W Bush was going into 2004 and even then Kerry outperformed the fundamentals. Trump hasn't done that type of work, he's in a shakier position but still they tend to get re-elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

If the Ds nominate Biden then the race is over, IMO. I realize I'll incur the wrath of kapture for predicting that, but that's what I feel. Biden would win Florida. I'm not SURE any other D would. I'd bet on Harris, but there's so much time until then, and most of the D clownshow remains largely undefined. So a lot could change. But, Biden isn't undefined. As you note.

I continue to firmly believe that the only question for 2020 is whether the Ds can, almost impossibly, snatch defeat from the jaws of virtually certain victory.
                  too old, too male, too white, too pro blue collar for the modern racist, sexist progressive.

Biden's time has passed. He will not win the nomination if he runs.

Comment

• tend to agree

whomever the dem nominee is I don't think they distance themselves from the fringe of the party

and I don't how many of they old middle of the road blue dog democrats would vote fringe democrat over mainstream republican if somebody like Bernie got the nomination

Comment

• shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Cohen has reportedly provided documentation that shows his false testimony before Congress was reviewed and edited by Trump's lawyers beforehand. Which might be a big deal depending on the substance of the alterations.

Comment

• from the new York times

if this continues to trend in this direction might be a tipping point for the trump reelection

The number of migrants apprehended on the southwest border is up about 90 percent from levels recorded at the same time last year, the authorities said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Cohen has reportedly provided documentation that shows his false testimony before Congress was reviewed and edited by Trump's lawyers beforehand. Which might be a big deal depending on the substance of the alterations.
                            Welp, Drumpf is done for sure (we really really really mean it this time)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking/pedophilia trial. Epstein was Dersh's client. He was directly involved in crafting the plea deal that has gotten Alex Acosta in a lot of hot water

And Esptein should be a bipartisan issue. He had powerful friends, including both Clinton and Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/21/labo...ims-judge.html
                              Thanks.

Comment

• I was watching Blade II last night and old Kris Kristofferson playing Abraham Whistler. Good movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X