Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The CB craze was wild. My dad had a CB in the family station wagon with a gigantic antenna. When you weren't using it, you kept it locked down on the passenger side of the body of the car. When you released it into action it was similar to a catapult you may see on Game of Thrones. I doubt you could adequately explain the craze to anybody younger than 30. The CB itself was rather uneventful.
    The CB was the first real electronic-based social media.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I had that thought, but it was just a lot of listening to static.

Comment

• Trumpian ass-licker Steven Mnuchin thinks the US is better off screwing American retirees than not building the First Traitor's vanity wall.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has informed Congress that he will stop making payments into two government retirement funds now that the debt limit has gone back into effect.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I had that thought, but it was just a lot of listening to static.
          Which basically proves AA's point.

Comment

• Alex Trebek has Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer. Damn

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Alex Trebek has Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer. Damn
                damn. I hate that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• talk about final jeopardy

Comment

• Democrats are backing Muslim David Duke rather than condemning antisemitism.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                      talk about final jeopardy
                      DAMN! Heavy favorite for Post of the Week.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

DAMN! Heavy favorite for Post of the Week.
                        Well it sure ain't the Daily Double...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kapture and Talent -- this video is for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            Trumpian ass-licker Steven Mnuchin thinks the US is better off screwing American retirees than not building the First Traitor's vanity wall.

https://apnews.com/25cc3de2c7f24635ad5c3541a10c0655
                            You misrepresent what the article says, Jon. It says that Mnuchin has the latitude to not pay certain funds into the civil service retirement fund, not something for retirees in general. He is choosing not to do so. Nationally, federal civil servants earn an average of 47% more than private sector employees doing basically the same job. Why should taxpayers in the productive part of the economy increase the compensation of the most overpaid and non-productive part of the country?

I didn't think you were a federal employee, but as a "proud deep state agent" I guess you or your wife must be. IMO, public sector unions are single biggest problem in America today (if you actually look at the damage they do in so many areas of the economy). I know none of you guys believe that, but look at the total disfunction in DC, the collapse of the educational system at all levels, and the "employee-for-life" paradigm that allows the least talented people to have permanent employment as long as they remain true to the Democrat party. FDR was right in saying that public sector unionism was un-American.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              Democrats are backing Muslim David Duke rather than condemning antisemitism.
                              And they will always do this, because they are not legitimately humanitarian or consistent in their logic. If you are a part of a traditional Democrat Victim demographic then there are no standards for your behavior. And the higher you are on the victim scale, the better. The concept of rewarding or punishing people purely based on behaviors and merits instead of identity is a foreign concept to these people. It is as foreign a concept as the idea that a white male can have a legitimate grievance about the way that society is being run. A Muslim woman is automatically a victim and a white man, by definition, cannot be a victim. After 20+ years of trying to change their minds I have finally given up and accepted that it will always be this way. In fact, it is just getting progressively worse. We're just about to the point where your only choices are to either respond in kind or just accept the de facto dhimmi status that is being enforced upon you as mass demographic replacement turns you into a minority.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; March 7, 2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                ..... Nationally, federal civil servants earn an average of 47% more than private sector employees doing basically the same job. Why should taxpayers in the productive part of the economy increase the compensation of the most overpaid and non-productive part of the country?.......

I don't buy that for a minute. I'm in the private sector. My department is all of 10 people. Our departmental secretary makes $59k a year. Are you saying the average gov't secretary makes north of $86k/yr? Although I am no longer in an engineering role, I took a managerial position for a big fat no cut in pay because I really, really wanted the role I am currently in. If I consider myself average in compensation, then the avg paycheck for my role(s) is about $180k/yr in the public sector?

Guess I should have been a civil servant....could have retired a while back with that 47% premium. That kind of pay without productivity expectations would have been awesome.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X