No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Shula was better than Mike Shula.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No, he wasn't.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, he was. And it isn't even close. I will brook no contrary views on this.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes, you will.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The Clintons, Obama, George Soros, Tom Steyer, Cryin Chuck Schumer, just throw in every Dem you can name. I'm sure they're all part of the Derp State conspiracy to bring down Trump.

THey aLl haTchED tHe pLOt! pLOt hATcHerS!
            only names I threw in were the intelligence/DOJ

for the record do you believe the dossier was a concoction by individuals to sabotage trumps run at the presidency--don't know how far its tentacles reached out if at all

but its pretty certain it was a concoction--and I really don't have a problem with somebody using Bullshit to try to win an election

I do have an issue with somebody using that same bullshit to not only win the election but use it to put somebody in legal jeopardy with that bullshit

one of the candidates that's making a lot of news is this Andrew yang dude

he actually has some good ideas--not sure how far he can get with the 1000 dollar giveaway to those over 18 a months but a lot of his ideas are unique and thought provoking

Comment

• his immigration policies and his ideas on guncontrol and his belief that we will lose a lot of jobs in years gto come

far as paying everyone a thousand--well lets just raise the prices of everything out there and watch inflation skyrocket

far as the judge Janine stuff--she didn't say anything wrong. just the same thing you should ask when you have a ultraconservative Christian running things

part of why we vote --we have to take religious views of the candidate into account--not a single thing wrong with Janine bringing that up

Comment

• Yang is just as bad as AOC policy-wise, but he coats his agenda in NewSpeak (LOL "Freedom Dividend")
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 19, 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Florida voters last November passed Amendment 4 with 64% of the vote, which returned voting rights to all ex-cons who had served their sentence/finished probation. Florida ex-cons were previously required to wait years after serving their sentence just for the right to petition the Governor, who had to personally re-institute their voting rights. During his 8 years in office, Rick Scott did this for almost no one. As a result, Florida had the highest population of non-eligible voters in the nation because of prison terms.

Now the Republican-controlled legislature, enraged by the will of the voters, wants to roll things back and is trying to pass a bill that would strip this newly enfranchised group of their right to vote if they owe any courtroom fines, fees, etc. Which is projected to kick hundreds of thousands of people back off the voter rolls again.

This is basically a poll tax.

I don't believe the incarcerated should be allowed to vote. I imagine there are a fair number of progs out there who think they should. I also don't think that once you've served your time, your voting rights should be subject to the whims of a politician or that you should have to buy them back.

Comment

• Disagree with you crash. Religious freedom is a tenet of this nation. The religious belief of an individual is irrelevant. Considering the religious views of a candidate is bigotry. The Constitution is the backstop to prevent religious injection into our system of gov't. (Unless you're DJT where the Constitution is used as toilet paper - see fake emergency.)

Its not what Janine said, its how she said it and the implication she made with her statement. Yes, words matter. "Crash is an elected official and is it appropriate to determine if he has not molested any children lately which is frowned upon by his religion?"
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Florida voters last November passed Amendment 4 with 64% of the vote, which returned voting rights to all ex-cons who had served their sentence/finished probation. Florida ex-cons were previously required to wait years after serving their sentence just for the right to petition the Governor, who had to personally re-institute their voting rights. During his 8 years in office, Rick Scott did this for almost no one. As a result, Florida had the highest population of non-eligible voters in the nation because of prison terms.

Now the Republican-controlled legislature, enraged by the will of the voters, wants to roll things back and is trying to pass a bill that would strip this newly enfranchised group of their right to vote if they owe any courtroom fines, fees, etc. Which is projected to kick hundreds of thousands of people back off the voter rolls again.

This is basically a poll tax.

I don't believe the incarcerated should be allowed to vote. I imagine there are a fair number of progs out there who think they should. I also don't think that once you've served your time, your voting rights should be subject to the whims of a politician or that you should have to buy them back.
                      can't those ex felons move to a blue state that has given them the right to vote? I say load up all the ex felons from the entire nation and put them in Vermont.

Comment

• It's not a poll tax if they had a criminally imposed fee or fine that they have yet to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

only names I threw in were the intelligence/DOJ

for the record do you believe the dossier was a concoction by individuals to sabotage trumps run at the presidency--don't know how far its tentacles reached out if at all

but its pretty certain it was a concoction--and I really don't have a problem with somebody using Bullshit to try to win an election

I do have an issue with somebody using that same bullshit to not only win the election but use it to put somebody in legal jeopardy with that bullshit

one of the candidates that's making a lot of news is this Andrew yang dude

he actually has some good ideas--not sure how far he can get with the 1000 dollar giveaway to those over 18 a months but a lot of his ideas are unique and thought provoking
                          No one 'sabotaged' Trump's run at the Presidency because absolutely nothing about Russia came out until after the election.

Seriously, you believe this grand conspiracy was created but everyone agreed that they would absolutely no preventative measures to stop Trump BEFORE the election, but massive amounts of planning and energy into destroying his Presidency from within in the event he WAS elected.

If they considered Trump such a threat that treason was acceptable, they would have leaked something, ANYTHING to prevent him from winning. Instead there was nothing

Instead, tons and tons of info was leaked by anti-Hillary members of the FBI and SDNY. So much so that Comey was forced to make his public announcements. You don't seem to have a problem with any of THAT.

Comment

• If it were up to me, only positive net taxpayers would be allowed to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Hey Wiz, hacking Talent's shit isn't funny.
                              I'll sell you his password for one of those cool UAT hats!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                And I used to club Rickart like a baby seal. He is one of the few who I have verbally bludgeoned and regretted doing so.
                                Rickart has been clubbed more than Miley Cyrus...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X