No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA doesn't ask trivia questions correctly, he should put the answer in a SPOILER spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Voyager talk made me think up a great trivia question.

Which launched first?

A. Voyager 1
      B. Voyager 2
      C. The first launch of a NASA space shuttle (STS-1)
      D. Launch of the Pioneer Venus Orbiter

Pioneer was 1978 and the space shuttle was 1981, of course. That leaves the two Voyagers. So V'ger 1?

NO! Voyager 2 launched BEFORE Voyager 1!

You are welcome for that. Feel free to use it.

V'ger was the villain in Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Comment

• I was watching an old Star Trek episode and my daughter couldn't believe Shatner was in it, she only knew him from the NBC reality show Better Late Than Never.

Comment

• Puerto Rico's Governor punches back at Trump. This guy had previously been pretty flattering. Now he says Trump has been deliberately avoiding a meeting with him and keeps pushing lies about how PR aid money is being spent.

D2ooh2VW0AEIA0T.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• AA doesn't ask trivia questions correctly
            He does nothing correctly except berate waitstaff and defend the indefensible, starting with Scotland's fetid "culture."
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Nah. No sci-fi. But I believe that you give us a few hundred thousand years up to sometime before the Sun goes nova, a large sustainable multi-generational space craft is a certainty possible (similar to what Carl Sagan and others envision). We have a few things to work out (GCR is a big one) and launching this space ark would have to be from something docked to the ISS or a lower G setting (like the moon) is required.

But in those 300,000 years I expect technology to catch up to what we need. Our technological knowledge is growing exponentially and will continue to do so. Just the advancements in my lifetime are staggering.

Anyway, I think it's not only possible, but probable and inevitable . The only thing that will stop us from it is if some asteroid hits us before we are ready (or other event that throws us back into the stone age or wipes us out completely).

Full stop!
              It won't go nova. In it's late stages, it will swell to red giant status and devour Venus and Mercury while baking Earth into a giant desert. Then it will shed much of its mass and become a white dwarf, dying a slow, unglorious death until it becomes essentially a gigantic dark lump of coal. Meanwhile, dark energy will continue to push galaxies apart from one another until all of the sky is dark for every planet across the universe as stars run out of fuel. At some point, the universe will die in darkness and ice ala the Michigan football program.

Comment

• I watch How the Universe Works with my son and the amount of shit that we have discovered about the cosmos just since I was in high school is truly incredible. When I was growing up, I thought that all of the practical and relevant stuff had all likely been discovered and from now on, scientific discoveries would be limited to people discovering new subatomic particles and shit. Boy was I wrong. Since then, we have discovered the existence of planets around distant suns -- thousands of them now. This includes gas giants with highly eccentric orbits and potential Earth-like planets in the so-called "Goldilocks" zone where water can exist as a liquid. We have concluded that there is likely a planet way out beyond Pluto that disrupts the Kuyper belt and sends comets hurtling towards the inner solar system. We have figured out that the moon was likely once part of the Earth and it was broken off as part of a gigantic collision that occurred billions of years ago and we have discovered that the overwhelming majority of the matter in the universe is some mystery substance that does not interact with light which we call "Dark Matter". Amazing stuff.

We see patterns repeated so often now around the universe that it seems very likely that the universe is teeming with life. Whether we ever get to see it is another question entirely.
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 27, 2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• 5adrjo9cfmo21.jpg?width=750&auto=webp&s=e012c6c8da26eb8d56fd438dca94e7f913b8881b.jpg

Biden is a child touching race cuck.

Comment

• Fuckin' white males

Comment

• Wait, we have to change our ways from an English Jurisprudential Culture?

As I've said, the #Progs love themselves some Outback...No Rules! Just Right!
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Another healthcare fight seems illogical but that's where we are. Does this court ruling roll back the Medicaid expansion?

Comment

• ...mister we could use a man like Karl Marx again...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              AA doesn't ask trivia questions correctly, he should put the answer in a SPOILER spoiler.

Nah. You ask trivia questions on line and people just look them up to look smart. So, I just throw everything out there for all to see.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

V'ger was the villain in Star Trek: The Motion Picture
                                Yes. Of course. That's why I spelled it "V'ger".

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X