Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    so for the sake of conspiracy theories there has been a lot of churches being vandalized over there--800 of the 13,000 in the last year including saint sulpice lit on fires last month.

much as you want to believe a tragic accident you have to wonder first of all what was the status of the work crews at the time of closing when it occurred and was the spread within a short period after the work crews left that thing was ablaze. granted 13 acres of trees when dry enough would also be ablaze in a very short time which is what that roof is made out of. Just makes you wonder how something that huge that fast at that time could have occurred
    You're displaying the "heads I win, tails you lose" mentality of conspiracy true believers. The lack of evidence of arson is PROOF that arson must have occurred. Because covering up the evidence is just what you'd expect them to do!!!!

Ascribe most disasters to incompetence rather than malevolence and you'll be right 9 times out of 10.

Comment

• vmlupnohtms21.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You're displaying the "heads I win, tails you lose" mentality of conspiracy true believers. The lack of evidence of arson is PROOF that arson must have occurred. Because covering up the evidence is just what you'd expect them to do!!!!

Ascribe most disasters to incompetence rather than malevolence and you'll be right 9 times out of 10.
        yes, because people do incredibly stupid shit. all the time.

Comment

• Comment

• The point is assume incompetence unless proven otherwise. Don't assume stupid shit and demand someone prove you wrong. Common logical fallacy. You can't prove a negative, so if you choose to believe Martians set the fire, there's literally nothing I would be able to demonstrate to you to ever convince you otherwise.

Comment

• If it was a terrorist, it was probably a Trump supporter. Seems they're the people burning churches lately...
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The morning news in Europe dispenses the notion that the ND Cathedral fire was arson. The investigation is ongoing but French authorities have said publicly that nothing they have seen so far points to anything but an accident. All the workers that day are being interviewed - they'll figure out how the fire started by the end of the week.

The entire upper portion of the church involved in the fire was scaffolded as major repairs were underway to strengthen the wooden beams supporting the roof that caught fire. Under the wood - now gone - are stone blocks and reportedly, these are still in tact though heat damage is anticipated to have weakened both the stone and the material - a putty like substance - that holds the stones together and seals the spaces between them from leaks. One of three of the large stain glass windows of the arched roof above the chancle, nave, alter and elsewhere is untouched. The other two have been heat and pressure water damaged but to what extent wasn't provided. There are several good articles at the BBC web site discussing how repairs will be undertaken from individuals involved in restoration projects of similar structures in the past.

The French insurer AXA had umbrella coverage in place for the contractors doing the repair work. The article discussing this noted that in the case of French monuments, such as ND cathedral, the state bears the cost of repairs. As a public relations matter, if AXA tried to dodge coverage, they'd get pummeled. Suspect they will pay up to the limits of the policy that was issued. The rest is going to be taken care of by the state in combination with private donations that have already surpassed 700 million Euros.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 17, 2019, 02:17 AM.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• China internalizes nuclear power plant production. Thanks for the help US and France, but we'll be going it alone soon.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    If it was a terrorist, it was probably a Trump supporter. Seems they're the people burning churches lately...
                    yet leftists and muslims were the only ones that seemed excited while it was burning

Comment

• Ten States most Dependent on the Federal Government. 9 out the Top 10 are red states, though I guess Arizona is becoming iffy.

The methodology combines how much people in those states receive from federal assistance programs versus how much in taxes each state sends back to the federal government. So New Mexico receives much more from the Federal Government overall than it contributes, in other words. This also considers how much each state's economy depends on federal jobs and contracts, as well as how much of the state budget is filled by federal funding.

Michigan and Ohio are basically about the same, right around the middle.

1. New Mexico
                      2. Mississippi
                      3. Kentucky
                      4. West Virginia
                      5. Alabama
                      6. Arizona
                      7. Alaska
                      8. Montana
                      9. South Carolina
                      10. Indiana

Comment

• Montana?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• l4mh8ybyrrs21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=59a684284b9ff8a2a65d1b9c10677f970d27adf0.jpg

Comment

Ten States most Dependent on the Federal Government. 9 out the Top 10 are red states, though I guess Arizona is becoming iffy.

The methodology combines how much people in those states receive from federal assistance programs versus how much in taxes each state sends back to the federal government. So New Mexico receives much more from the Federal Government overall than it contributes, in other words. This also considers how much each state's economy depends on federal jobs and contracts, as well as how much of the state budget is filled by federal funding.

Michigan and Ohio are basically about the same, right around the middle.

1. New Mexico
                            2. Mississippi
                            3. Kentucky
                            4. West Virginia
                            5. Alabama
                            6. Arizona
                            7. Alaska
                            8. Montana
                            9. South Carolina
                            10. Indiana

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/
                            Alabama has a lot of poor black people below the poverty line. Why do you hate poor black people, DSL?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ct1iat5cios21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=920e0ed12d1ed9bea57c5f3b9c40e5cf3024b9c4.jpg

Comment

The point is assume incompetence unless proven otherwise. Don't assume stupid shit and demand someone prove you wrong. Common logical fallacy. You can't prove a negative, so if you choose to believe Martians set the fire, there's literally nothing I would be able to demonstrate to you to ever convince you otherwise.
                                yeah kind of like presidents pissing on whores

no matter how infeasible it is youre gonna have a whole population that will never believe anything else no matter what the evidence

all I'm saying is you have a fire in a church. in the US and in france this is becoming an increasingly frequent occurrence

too many times I have listened to the press and the government say it was one thing when it turns out to be an entirely different version of the truth

unfortunately there is a whole segment of the population many French who do not assume incompantance but assume something worse

kind oif like the 2 years we had to hear things about trump that turned out not to be true

or Covington kids

or jussie smollet

or the Houston girl being shot

or ferguson

or kavanaugh

the list goes on and on

I believe it was an accident--but it wouldn't surprise me if the facts change

Comment

Working...
                                X