No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, the peanut gallery has more names.

#Trump2020

#SaveTheChildrenFromTheLeftists
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      JFC some of you are just cretins. I'm ashamed that we share the same right to vote.

Congress cannot do anything about the POTUS other than attempt to impeach him. That gate was slammed shut and now a giant heavy duty lock will keep it closed.

RINO Mueller, Libocrat Rosenstein, and AG Barr redacted the report together. Mueller will willingly sit before Congress, with no objection from the POTUS, to answer all the stupid questions that have already been answered in writing.

GD the left is dense. And when all is said and done, WE THE PEOPLE will put Republicans in as a full majority come 2020.

This nonsense will come back to be a giant self knockout punch to the left. Deservedly so.

#SaveTheChildrenFromTheLeftists

#TRUMP2020

#Hispanics4Trump
      Plenty to address in this post. I'll try to stick to supportable conclusions and to drill down to the core issue: obstruction of justice.

The law, as it is revealed to us in the Mueller Report, is on the side of those who assert Trump's actions amounted to a prosecutable obstruction of justice crime.

Mueller was explicit in describing why he chose not to charge the president:

(1) it could incapacitate the president making it impossible for him to carry out his executive duties.

(2) He did not want to deal with the constitutional questions of indicting a sitting president.

(3) Pertaining to (2) above, Mueller made it clear that he thought that it was the role of Congress in it's constitutional duties of providing checks and balances on the executive to deal with a sitting president in re the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office.

I actually agree with the OP as he suggests the D's are going to waste their time continuing to blather about this. From here on out, this whole affair is 90% political and 10% a matter of the law and the proper exercise of Congressional responsibilities under the Constitution. I could argue it should be the other way around but that would be like pissing in the wind.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I think he tried to and was thwarted. I suppose you could make a case that attempting to commit a crime such as obstruction warrants accountability for such acts.
        Well, first off, "attempt" counts in obstruction. But "attempt" usually involves efforts by someone who has, more or less, done what they could but failed. I'll reiterate -- we're talking about the motherfucking POTUS. He's in charge. He can do whatever he wants. He can appoint someone who will do exactly as they're told. If he REALLY wanted Mueller out, then Mueller would have been out. What we happened was that we ended up with a 400+ report, hundreds of witness interviews, voluminous investigatory facts gathered over 2 years despite the fact that the Most Powerful Man in the Free World wanted it ended -- heh. Right.

That's also setting aside the issue of whether exercising valid powers can be obstruction. Again, we typically think of bribes, threats, etc. This is just a matter of the President exercising his authority. Or not exercising it. I mean, every time he fires someone at DOJ that's interferes with an investigation in some way.

Finally, to answer the question DSL has posed -- IMO, it's ALWAYS permissible for the President to exercise his proper authority. The Constitutional response to the President opting to terminate an investigation of relevance is for Congress to act. Congress has subpoena power. As Mueller's Report said, he's not going to indict a sitting President ever, so the question is a political one -- for Congress (and the voters).
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, I agree with DSL that it's fascinating to learn of the inner workings of the White House. But, that's not the most interesting thing in the Report. The most interesting thing in the report is this:

NO. EVIDECE. OF. COLLUSION.

That's the ginned up bullshit that lead to this whole charade. Obstruction is a total fucking desperation sideshow.

Also, of course, the Report directly refutes the notion that PDJT directed Cohen to lie. Buzzfeed NAILED IT!

The press fucked this up beyond belief.

I repeat, the headline is this:

NO. EVIDECE. OF. COLLUSION.

Comment

• Andy McCarthy, who DSL hates, nailed this entire bullshit in December of 2017: https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...g-impeachment/

tl;dr -- there is no collusion; it's only about obstruction; he can't possibly indict; it can only be about impeachment.

Maybe some folks should consider reading the NRO on occasion.

Comment

• this whole thing was written as an impeachment report

i love the notion that the president should have just sat their and said nothing. that he shouldn't have felt concerned or mad or worried as the left and the media accuse him of being a traitor and the FBI was spying on him. as he expressed how the presence of a special council can derail a presidency in its entirety, while also knowing with 100% certainly he did absolutely nothing wrong. sorry, but Trump is a human being like any one of us. when the media is daily going after him, his presidency, his family.

Comment

• Trump says people are lying about him in the report. Says you always got to look out for those 'note takers" (LMAO). Says a lot of the Report is "total bullshit". Just trying to make me look bad!

Clearly calling out McGahn here. Greatest President of our lifetimes. Gosh, isn't even close. You'll be amazed how Presidential he can be.

Comment

• some are probably total bullshit. I think that Mueller himself said in the report that there was a lot of withholding of information and false statements, I'm sure that goes in all directions.

Comment

• Yeah I'm sure Don McGahn risked his law license and conspired with Priebus and Bannon to craft a total bullshit story just to make POTUS look bad. And the only one of the four who refused to testify under oath is the only one we should trust

Comment

• Few things drive Trump nuts more than the image of his staff manipulating him. Which they clearly do, but he wants everyone to think they are awed and cowed by his Majesty.

Comment

• trump was smart not to tesify --coffeeboy, general Kelly, etc etc showed those 14 prosecuters making up the Mueller probe were gonna find something--there isn't a citizen in this country that if subjected to a probe like that would come out clean.
                        nice to see 1000 days of presdientai;l and campaign rhetoric boioled down to cherry picked stories that while they sound good to the goosip press don't mean a damn thing.

ooh trump wanted to fire Mueller one day and that's obstruction even though he had every right to fire him and eventually cooler heads prevailed and Mueller did his job

is that realy all you got--that trump gets pissed because he's accused of a crime he didn't commit that was neutering his presidency and on a few occasions lost his temper and wanted to can an unneeded investigation and move on?

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          is that realy all you got--that trump gets pissed because he's accused of a crime he didn't commit that was neutering his presidency and on a few occasions lost his temper and wanted to can an unneeded investigation and move on?
                          that is all they have.

the democrat base is currently calling for impeachment proceedings, all while the No. 2 House Democrat said yesterday that Impeachment "not worth while at this point"

I do hope they try it though. AOC thinks there needs to be proceedings, Pelosi doesn't. lets see how this plays out.

Comment

• Trump himself has neutered his presidency. Don't blame other people for his massive personality flaws.

Comment

• That's true.

Comment

• oh, snap, shred the constitution because he does mean tweets.

also, lets manufacture a hoax out of whole cloth to give cover for Hillary's loss because of the presidents' "personality flaws" i.e. we don't like him so he needs to be removed. fuck off, that is not the way this Republic operates.

Comment

Working...
                                X