• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    9mcf1wik.jpg

Anti-Antifa symbols are now considered a white supremacists' hate symbol, according to the "non-partisan" ADL.

The most important hate group that the ADL has yet to identify as a hate group is the ADL.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    I heard about the Idaho thing. What’s funny is he is at the border working on that crisis (wtf?) while she is up there trying to send Idaho troops down.

That border Idaho shares with Mexico must be bolstered.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Hurtful, Tom. Hurtful

Leave a comment:

• Tom W
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The Lt. Governor of Idaho is a grand-standing moron and a bitter rival of the actual Governor. This is not the first time she's done something like this. The last time the Governor left the state, she immediately began issuing executive orders as "acting Governor" which got promptly reversed days later.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...mexico-border/
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    The Lt. Governor of Idaho is a grand-standing moron and a bitter rival of the actual Governor. This is not the first time she's done something like this. The last time the Governor left the state, she immediately began issuing executive orders as "acting Governor" which got promptly reversed days later.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...mexico-border/

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    9mcf1wik.jpg

Anti-Antifa symbols are now considered a white supremacists' hate symbol, according to the "non-partisan" ADL.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    I don't recall I've ever taken a strong position on the factors that determine the price of a barrel of crude. First, the complexity of oil pricing isn't something in my wheelhouse. Second, the point of my original post was to say "gas prices are high" on a comparative basis. Nothing else. I appreciate it that my post allowed for people who do know more about oil pricing to comment.

However to put me in the same political camp as DSL is a lot like saying Ronald Reagan and Bernie Sanders could run on the same ticket. Fucking below the belt. Way below it. Liney is blowing the whistle right now, loudly and signaling ............PERSONAL FOUL.
    No worries, the complexity of oil pricing isn't in Geezer's wheelhouse either. He's just weaving a narrative that fits his ideological prison. He doesn't ask questions in good faith. Weeks ago he laughably dared us all to name just one single lie Trump had ever told as President. I named one, he never brought it up again. Never acknowledged he was wrong (he never does). Just moved on.

His beliefs are centered on faith, not evidence. He believes Democrats pay for millions of illegals to vote, therefore it must be true. He believes the price of oil is being set entirely by the Biden administration, because they're "Marxists", therefore it must be true. Why should he have to present evidence? If you don't agree with him then you too are a Marxist.

Simple truth is that the US in 2021, under Biden, is set to have its third highest oil production in history, despite still coming back online after everything went silent in 2020 due to the total collapse of global demand. Prices aren't high because the govt is choking back supply, making it impossible to drill.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 6, 2021, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    Re Kature's post on Vaccines for "kids" .......

Context: Age ranges are an important consideration as well as other factors that should be weighed in determining whether "kids" (not sufficiently defined in the post) both under and over 12 should be vaccinated. It's definitely not black and white and age range matters.

The numbers in the pictorial provided above are from a BBC article dated September 3rd. A separate article from the same source (JCVI -The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization advises UK health departments on immunization.) Provides some additional comment.

Whether or not the US should be following the Brits vaccine policies, or any other country's vaccine policy, is debatable. Most countries tend to look carefully at whoever is out in front with a particular COVID policy initiative and still go their own way. The UK and Israel, Germany not far behind, have been out front with both published (not peer reviewed) COVID studies of all kinds. It's natural for the press to jump on these. I'm fine with that as long as context is provided when citing them. Chinese and Russian studies, especially the Chinese, are not all bad- there's controversy over how they are conducted. They tend to lack the control, repeatability and power of the same studies in the West.

TBF the weight of the evidence I've read about vaccines for 12-15 and then under 12 is equivocal for both age groups. My gut feeling, based on my knowledge and experience in studying this stuff is that the 12-15yo age group should probably be vaccinated. Those under 12, probably not. Still, what vax policy should be in the pediatric age groups is not altogether clear.

The link below is dated 14 September, and if your interested in this, the later article provides a bit more background and context.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58423152
    aoq9e8CN.jpg

Denmark has said it will no longer offer the shot to under 18s
    Last edited by Kapture1; October 6, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Jeff BuchanDSLan.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    I don't recall I've ever taken a strong position on the factors that determine the price of a barrel of crude. First, the complexity of oil pricing isn't something in my wheelhouse. Second, the point of my original post was to say "gas prices are high" on a comparative basis. Nothing else. I appreciate it that my post allowed for people who do know more about oil pricing to comment.

However to put me in the same political camp as DSL is a lot like saying Ronald Reagan and Bernie Sanders could run on the same ticket. Fucking below the belt. Way below it. Liney is blowing the whistle right now, loudly and signaling ............PERSONAL FOUL.

Leave a comment:

• Da Geezer
    replied
    correction.

There was one week when gasoline prices really spiked that I can remember. That was the day Ronald Reagan was elected in 1980 and my local gas station simply raised the price to $ 5.00 per gallon. Reagan had promised to deregulate oil and gas from the regulatory maze the Democrats had constructed. No more "new" oil at a higher price than "old" oil (Dems have never believed in market solutions). The price of gasoline went to half in about a month. Again, to the benefit of almost all Americans

Leave a comment:

• Da Geezer
    replied
    Regarding the price of gas that seemed to get steered off course in subsequent posts: the whole point of my original post was to indicate that gas prices were to remain "high" for the foreseeable future. I sighted two lines of an article from the Economist that came from there claiming that typical plentiful oil reserves stashed by countries in the past had dwindled from 50y to 25y ...... that's still a fuckton of oil so, yeah, there's plenty of oil in absolute terms as of today but not as much as in the past. The article sighted a lot of reasons for this. I mentioned two.

I appreciate DSLs comments on this that noted production and supply issues as contributing and also noted gas prices today are not as high as other periods in the past.
    Goodness. On we go. These are the highest gas prices that the US government has allowed EVER. Of course, there have been higher prices historically, but that was caused by malign foreign monopolies limiting supply for political purposes. Trump encouraged oil and gas production in every way, fracking, pipelines, deregulation, Alaska Wildlife refuge, off-shore drilling off the east coast. This production increased supply, driving down the cost of all hydrocarbons, to the great benefit of almost every American.

What is actually true is that Europe is now in the first stages of an energy crisis. Their switch to green energy is proving to be a terrible decision. Let's see what this winter holds, but I predict in the next few years there will be actual changes made in the makeup of Europe's energy mix. Let's see. It will mean a huge helping of crow, but political leaders may have no choice. Green energy is now, and has been since the days of Sylendra, a multi-trillion dollar redistribution of wealth from the producers of wealth to the Globalists.

And there are 2 simple questions I've been asking our progs here. (DSL and Jeff)

What is your best evidence that anthropogenic global warming exists? What correct predictions have been made using this "best evidence"?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    Re Kature's post on Vaccines for "kids" .......

Context: Age ranges are an important consideration as well as other factors that should be weighed in determining whether "kids" (not sufficiently defined in the post) both under and over 12 should be vaccinated. It's definitely not black and white and age range matters.

The numbers in the pictorial provided above are from a BBC article dated September 3rd. A separate article from the same source (JCVI -The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization advises UK health departments on immunization.) Provides some additional comment.

Whether or not the US should be following the Brits vaccine policies, or any other country's vaccine policy, is debatable. Most countries tend to look carefully at whoever is out in front with a particular COVID policy initiative and still go their own way. The UK and Israel, Germany not far behind, have been out front with both published (not peer reviewed) COVID studies of all kinds. It's natural for the press to jump on these. I'm fine with that as long as context is provided when citing them. Chinese and Russian studies, especially the Chinese, are not all bad- there's controversy over how they are conducted. They tend to lack the control, repeatability and power of the same studies in the West.

TBF the weight of the evidence I've read about vaccines for 12-15 and then under 12 is equivocal for both age groups. My gut feeling, based on my knowledge and experience in studying this stuff is that the 12-15yo age group should probably be vaccinated. Those under 12, probably not. Still, what vax policy should be in the pediatric age groups is not altogether clear.

The link below is dated 14 September, and if your interested in this, the later article provides a bit more background and context.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58423152
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 6, 2021, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lineygoblue
    replied
    Mark Schlissel is stepping down as UM President effective in 2024.

In the article, it describes the departure package he's receiving.

I've heard of a 'golden parachute' before, but I'd say this one is diamond studded.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...wn/6010384001/

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    Correct

Leave a comment:

Working...
X