No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George, I'm waiting to hear your explanation/excuses...

To be honest Rob, if there was one of their songs playing on the radio, I wouldn't even know it.

Comment

• You dare mock Gordon Lightfoot by his exclusion?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oops--forgot about Gordo! I guess he was more "folk" than "rock", but still, one of the greats of that era, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
          Whatever happened to the great nation of Canada? They used to give us great Rock Bands and Singers (such as Rush, Neil Young/Crazy Horse, Steppenwolf, The Band, BTO, The Guess Who, Loverboy, etc., etc.) . And now all we get is Nickelback, Sum 41 and Avril Levigne?

Canada is now a has-been Rock Nation, surpassed, I suppose, by the likes of Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.

George, I'm waiting to hear your explanation/excuses...

;-)
          You also lumped Loverboy amongst the good. Nickelback is pretty much the modern Loverboy (although Loverboy at least has the nostalgia factor). They even have a producer in common.

Comment

• Bush was pretty terrible too.

Comment

• Loverboy>>>>>>.05back

Comment

• Rob... you're beginning to scare me ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Of the two, I would rather listen to Loverboy but that's not saying much.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    Bush was pretty terrible too.

Which one---George I or George II?

:::runs---FAST:::

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Rob... you're beginning to scare me ...
                      didn't you know, that's been my goal around here?

:-D

Comment

• I dunno, Rob.

I don't think I'd recognize a "loverboy" song if I heard it, but just the name of that band sounds very Justin Bieber-ish.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I dunno, Rob.

I don't think I'd recognize a "loverboy" song if I heard it, but just the name of that band sounds very Justin Bieber-ish.
                          Here's a few you should be familiar with:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohVV_KlSHw"]Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute Of It - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E82ozXyNjk"]Loverboy-working for the weekend - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHm4ro_l8s"]Loverboy - Turn Me Loose - YouTube[/ame]

..all better than anything by the wooden nickels
                          Last edited by Rob F; February 26, 2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Remember Loverboy's context. This was part of what came out post-disco. There has always been that niche for very commercial groups that may have had rock beginnings. Loverboy, Survivor, Foreigner, etc.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Actually I liked Nickelback's first album and Loverboy did ok with theirs. You know the old saying, "You have your whole life up to that point to make your first album. You have 12 months or less to make your second"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                                Which one---George I or George II?

:::runs---FAST:::

It's been a rough 20 or so years for Bush in general.....and I'm not even getting into waxing.

Comment

Working...
                                X