Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here to help!

Comment

• The wife just came home with a new rescue puppy and he needs a name. Any suggestions?

D2.jpg

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ahhhh Fantastic! Your new best friend. For some reason I thought of Rex

Comment

• After watching Endgame I went back and re-watched the first Captain America movie for the first time in years. I had forgotten about this fun musical sequence, especially the way it ends.

Comment

• TSA agents at Juneau International Airport logged unexpected cargo on April 15 when a "large organic mass" was spotted in a traveler's carry-on bag. TSA spokesperson Lisa Farbstein explained to KTOO that such a flag can indicate the presence of explosives. However, when agents opened the bag, they found a plastic grocery bag full of moose "nuggets." "The passenger told the TSA officers that he collects this and likes to present it 'for politicians and their shit policies," Farbstein explained. The passenger was not detained and was allowed to continue on with his bag of moose poop. Later that day, the Anchorage Daily News reported that a man was seen at the state capitol, handing out baggies of moose nuggets in protest of Gov. Mike Dunleavy's proposed budget. [KTOO, 4/26/2019]
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Not a bad article describing where the two sides are in the escalating trade war between the US and China. The nuts and bolts of what the negotiators on both sides had agreed to on Thursday aren't entirely clear. What is clear is that China refused to codify the specifics of the agreement in Chinese law instead offering to "accomplish the policy changes through decrees issued by its State Council, or cabinet." Lighthizer said no.

I'm not any kind of expert on the Chinese culture but as I understand it a great deal is placed on the word of businessmen in business negotiations. Contracts are less legally constraining. Kind-of like a bow and a handshake will do it. In the West, that's not going to cut it. So, I think there's a legitimate impasse here that is going to be tough to get by ...... neither side is ready to blink yet and positions have hardened. But, as most observers and posters here watching this know, the Chinese need the flow of USD attendant to unrestricted trade to sustain important programs they have undertaken globally. It's also important for Xi to be seen as the best man to lead China forward and failing in these talks doesn't polish his apple one bit.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Keep an eye on this action ....... The UAE and Oman, along with Iran to the East, flank the Straights of Hormuz.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...Name=worldNews

GENEVA (Reuters) - A senior Iranian lawmaker said on Sunday that explosions near Fujairah port in the United Arab Emirates showed that the security of Gulf states is fragile.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 12, 2019, 07:22 PM.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Heating up ....... two more Saudi tankers "attacked." Details are sketchy. Iranians asking for a probe of the recent incidents in an attempt to distance themselves from them. They warn of foreign agents trying to take advantage of increasing tensions between Iran and the US.

Comment

• Pompeo cancelled his trip to Moscow to go to Brussels instead.

Comment

• With Putin emailing his orders to Trump, there was no need to Pompeo to go and retrieve them.

Comment

• GoT spoilers:

SPOILERSo, Dany has become the Mad Queen. Fine. Exciting episode but I have a question. Why does the dragon's fire topple stone buildings like a house of cards?
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          GoT spoilers:

SPOILERSo, Dany has become the Mad Queen. Fine. Exciting episode but I have a question. Why does the dragon's fire topple stone buildings like a house of cards?
                          SPOILERyou are fine with dragons existing, and being able to fly with wings being as heavy as a school bus, but what does it for you is their fire destroys stone buildings?

I saw that coming for a while, looking at twitter, I am surprised that so many people are surprised. Have they not paid any attention to the last 5 seasons?

Comment

• Rep. Talib "There's always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust."

WAPO "we don't want to discuss her antisemitic remarks. We want to discuss your comments ABOUT her antisemitic remarks"
                            Last edited by Kapture1; May 13, 2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

SPOILERyou are fine with dragons existing, and being able to fly with wings being as heavy as a school bus, but what does it for you is their fire destroys stone buildings?

SPOILER
                              I can suspend disbelief of a thing, for example dragons, but whatever the mythical situation, it needs to be consistent. The dragon's have always flown on the show but have not always toppled castle stone so easily.

And, yes, Dany's evolution has been coming for a while.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                SPOILER
                                I can suspend disbelief of a thing, for example dragons, but whatever the mythical situation, it needs to be consistent. The dragon's have always flown on the show but have not always toppled castle stone so easily.

And, yes, Dany's evolution has been coming for a while.

SPOILERHarrenhal was fucked up from dragon fire from several hundred years before, melted and toppled stone castle

Comment

Working...
                                X