No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw the Deadwood movie on HBO last night. It was mediocre. At least I got a dose of Swearingen.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seems like the tariff threat is working

Comment

• We'll see. If there's a mild concession I imagine Trump will seize it to save face at this point. Everything gets turned into the greatest victory ever anyways.

Senate Republicans held a meeting tonight. Supposedly not one Senator stood in support of the tariff plan. A couple of lawyers from the White House also sat in and reportedly Ted Cruz told them at the end to make sure the White House understands not one of them thinks this is a good idea.

Per NY Times, Curz said " I want you to take a message back. You didn't hear a single yes"

Comment

• The Pastor of the church where Trump suddenly showed up after golf on sunday says he was given virtually no advance warning that Trump was coming and that the White House people never said anything about praying for the victims of the VA Beach shooter. It was all about participating in Franklin Graham's "Pray For Trump" day.

Trump threw a jacket on but otherwise hadn't showered or changed out of his golf clothes. He just suddenly appeared on stage in his golf cleats, looked pious as the pastor delivered a nice prayer that he 'listen to wisdom" (keep prayin, Rev!), and then walked out, not speaking at all.

The Virginia pastor wrote that the White House called just before the president's arrival and asked him to pray for Trump as part of "Pray for President Trump Day."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            .......Per NY Times, Curz said " I want you to take a message back. You didn't hear a single yes"
            This is one of the underlying reasons I wrote Cruz. Despite his Trump lap dog rep, he has some weight to throw around. Trump can defy the Senate and their position on the tariff thing with Mexico but he needs the Rs there and this isn't the way to get their support. I'm betting that letters like mine being received by Congressmen and Senators is running 95/5 against trump's misstep.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's nearly 2 AM in London and the President is tweeting insults at Bette Midler.

Am I okay in thinking this is nuts, Jeff, or should I pretend this is part of a brilliant plan to best Kim Jong-un?

Comment

• With Trump every insult is a projection, every accusation is a confession.

Comment

• Senate Rs have been outstanding. Starting with Garland and up to and including tariffs. Great stuff.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Senate Rs have been outstanding. Starting with Garland and up to and including tariffs. Great stuff.
                    Garland prickery duly noted.

Kevin McCarthy and House Republicans, it should be noted, appear to have zero backbone and are cheering the Presidents unilateral imposition of new taxes on Americans.

Comment

• It could be noted. Should is a bit much.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• is laying the excuses groundwork for his impending 2020 election loss. Here's his tweet he sent just before participating in a ceremony commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day. No mention of the heroes who fought and those who gave their lives so a POS like him can spew drivel and play snugglebunnies with the likes of Kim, bin Salman, and Putin.

"If the totally Corrupt Media was less corrupt, I would be up by 15 points in the polls based on our tremendous success with the economy, maybe Best Ever! If the Corrupt Media was actually fair, I would be up by 25 points. Nevertheless, despite the Fake News, we're doing great!"
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I was looking at the caller id on my landline and I saw one call from Trump Alert!, I might need to figure out what anyone in my house is doing to have these people think they should call us. I'm on the no call list, quit calling President No Deals.

Comment

• Call them up and ask for banners, yard signs, bumper stickers, whatever. Have them waste the money they've raised. Its the least you can do for the followers of the SCROTUS (so called ruler of the United States). Better yet, post the phone number here so we all can call.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• What did he say?
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X