No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday, during one of the most miserable of weather days, CSPAN replayed the CBS wall-to-wall coverage broadcasts (with Walter Cronkite) of the Apollo 11 launch and moon landing/walks. It brought back memories of sitting in front of a huge floor console black and white TV absolutely agog of it all. I still have a picture of that TV during the moonwalk, taken with a Kodak Instamatic 154 camera using 126 film..
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• July 16th, 1969 ....... I was at OCS in Quantico VA wearing a "chrome dome" - a helmet painted with silver spray paint - walking perimeter patrol of our barracks (quonset huts). The TV was on in the Sgt. Majors quarters and I snuck up to the window, undetected and watched as much of the walk as I thought I could get away with. Tricky business. But, yeah, I remember it - the little I was able to see - vividly.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump admin has not constructed a single mile of new fence along the border. Everything constructed thus far has been to repair or replace existing barriers

SAN DIEGO, California — The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a “big beautiful wall.” In a statement last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          In the words of Jeff Foxworthy, "Here's your sign..."
          Its Bill Engvall, but point well taken ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 700 people more qualified than Trump are running for President.

Some acknowledge they have little hope of gaining traction. Other candidates think, just maybe, there’s a shot that their message might catch on.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• In the old news department, one of the lead stories on this morning's news is that the IRCG seized a British tanker reportedly sailing in international waters in the Gulf. The seizure took place, I believe, on Friday. I saw the story on the BBC web site and it was accompanied by a video, obviously shot by the IRCG, that showed uniformed and masked commandos repelling from a helicopter that hovered over the fore deck of the tanker.

This morning, the video was accompanied by audio of radio transmissions between a British Frigate in the area and the IRCG commandos. In it the British frigate asks the commandos to confirm they are not seeking to board and seize a British Tanker. The response from the commandos was, we intend no conflict.

I don't know how close the British frigate was to the tanker the IRCG seized but there appears to have been no intent on the part of the British to prevent the IRCG from carrying out it's seizure operation. Weak sauce if you ask me. If the Frigate was in position to engage the commandos, they should have. The video footage of the seizure also shows a couple of IRCG gun boats probably providing cover for the commando raid. No question a shooting engagement would have occurred if the British Frigate had fired on the commandos.

What I found interesting about the story this morning is that it reveals how Iran is publicly releasing video of the raid and tanker seizure by the IRCG and, I assume, the Brits are releasing audio of their weak effort to stop the seizure. I'm sure the British Frigate had ROE orders that precluded an engagement and the Iranians may have known about it. Thus, they carried out the operation knowing it would not result in a shoot-up. If a coalition of US and British warships is there to protect shipping in the Straights and Iran is permitted to seize these ships at will, what's the point?

Iran 1, the West 0.

So, now the word is that the Brits are attempting to resolve the situation diplomatically. Fuck that. The Brits should pull out of any EU negotiations to save the JCPOA, mount a diplomatic effort to have the EU fully get on board with US sanctions and start acting, with the US, like the historical sea powers they both claim to be.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Right now the Brits are getting along very well with the EU on the negotiation front.

Comment

• Ahh, good ol' Al Franken. No doubt he was a victim of the #MeToo McCarthyites, but it's funny to see the New Yorker trying to rehabilitate him a bit -- or even give him a voice: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-of-al-franken

It's too bad he is a D and too much of fucking pussy to stand up to that bullshit. Unlike Kav, who called those fuckers on it and won big. Thank god.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL was blathering about approval numbers -- I assume PDJT was way down at the moment. Currently he's at -6.6 in the RCP -- about his best position ever -- or at least since the earliest days of his Presidency. It probably helps that the focus is now on the Communist Clownshow. Open borders, free everything, free everything for illegals, reparations, $40 trillion in spending, pro-busing, etc -- some of them nice suburbanite folks are going to look at the Communists, look at their financial holdings and start thinking it's "only four more years."

Comment

• My favorite story I came across today -- https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/07/19/canadas-bizarre-trans-waxing-controversy/ or https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-wax-complaint

A dude who says he's a chick sues waxing salons for refusing to provide him the ol' Brazillian. These salons didn't want female doing "intimate" waxes of males. Of course, in Canada, just because you have a cock and balls don't make you a male! Ha! So the complaint is lodged with the Orwellian Human Rights Commission and there is a hearing in front of a Human Rights Tribunal as to whether chicks can refuse to wax cocks and scrotums if the dude says he's a she. Can't make this shit up.

#GentryProgs

Comment

Attached Files
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Done and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            DSL was blathering about approval numbers -- I assume PDJT was way down at the moment. Currently he's at -6.6 in the RCP -- about his best position ever -- or at least since the earliest days of his Presidency. It probably helps that the focus is now on the Communist Clownshow. Open borders, free everything, free everything for illegals, reparations, $40 trillion in spending, pro-busing, etc -- some of them nice suburbanite folks are going to look at the Communists, look at their financial holdings and start thinking it's "only four more years."

Comment

• Mr. Trump...BUILD UP THIS WALL!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AA:

hi

Talent

fuck off
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X