No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine. Take the 680 illegals at the chicken processing plants in Mississippi, but until you give real punishment to the businesses, those 680 will be easily replaced with another 680. You tell a bottom-line ops manager he can pay a $30,000 fine and save $3 million a year in payroll and/or keep production going to meet demand and he will do so 10 outta 10 times. Tell him it is a $10 million fine and he faces jail time and he will not. Ever.
    Correct.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The problem with the "I have never met a white nationalist in Kansas" thing is that they are hard to identify unless you engage them in their circles or until one of them does something. For example, the KKK guys have made a concerted effort to stop appearing in robes and hoods around here. Does that mean they no longer exist? I don't know, but I doubt it.
      The question isn't existence. The question is "real" problem or how big of a problem. The argument from the left is that this is everywhere. It's a massive problem. I would be more along the lines of, yeah, a few nutjobs.

Your take, which I don't exactly disagree with, is one that entirely supports the "fringe" problem type position. These people have to live in secrecy because the vast, vast, vast majority of AmeriKKKa so strongly disapproves of them. "Real" problem? IMO, no. Not even close.

Comment

• I agree with that, Talent. But we have to keep the spotlight and condemnation on such groups to keep them in the fringe. When they were allowed mainstream status, the KKK (etc) marched in fucking labor day parades and what not.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct, but they obviously must be actual "white nationalist"-type groups. And, IMO, you only really talk about it when it comes up. I don't think you need to condemn "white nationalism" on a daily basis. Or even monthly. That suggests it's more of a problem than it really is. However, if the circumstances warrant -- like El Paso -- then fire away.

Comment

• Kevin Williamson on terrorism: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tic-terrorism/

The gist of the article is that the US is pretty good at effectively disabling terrorist groups or mafias that require a significant organization to effectuate their goals. It is much harder, even impossible, to do much to stop one-off "white boy al-qaeda" terrorists. He also devotes a wonderful paragraph to absolutely excoriating the despicable Joaquin Castro. A bit of non-sequitor to the piece, but a nice bonus.

Comment

• It seems like a bigger problem than it was a few years ago, probably since the anti-government militia days of the 90s. It that could be with the current president and social media they feel more emboldened to speak out. No crazy ideology has a monopoly on mass shootings. The fact is with this El Paso shooting they seemingly drove 9 hours to take out as many Mexicans as possible to stop the "invasion". The Pittsburgh killer went to that synagogue to take out Jews because he thought they were funding or working with George Soros on this caravan.

There is a reason that once presidents become president, they temper their language. There is a reason presidents don't punch down and that has been the case for both sides until this clown got elected. You have the biggest job in the world, you are going to get criticized every day.

Comment

• Quite the difference from "seems" and "is".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Crash, how many Islamic terrorists have you personally met? None?

Does that mean they probably don't exist?

And just anecdotally, sometimes wackjobs are obvious and sometimes they aren't.
                  you made my point.

In my world and most peoples world we don't worry about white suprmicists or Islamic terroists. that's why most of us get along with others no matter what color what religion whatever sexuality and however you choose to express yourself in public

but in the brainwashed minds of many in the media if your white you have to be a racist sexist islamaphobic homophobic etc. Im not saying historically it didn't exist I'm saying the "hate' is disappearing while the media makes you think its exploding

Had a black girlfriend for awhile --broke up with her because I couldn't handle the catcalls of N----- Lover in the lates 70's in Indy
                  Today nobody thinks anything about interracial couples in Kansas or anywhere in the Midwest/US that I see

but CNN msnbc print media and presidential candidates sure tell me the opposite is true because of orange man

Comment

• Strike a blow against the "smart people behind the scenes really running the negotiations" theory.

Key part of the article:

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

you made my point.

In my world and most peoples world we don't worry about white suprmicists or Islamic terroists. that's why most of us get along with others no matter what color what religion whatever sexuality and however you choose to express yourself in public

but in the brainwashed minds of many in the media if your white you have to be a racist sexist islamaphobic homophobic etc. Im not saying historically it didn't exist I'm saying the "hate' is disappearing while the media makes you think its exploding

Had a black girlfriend for awhile --broke up with her because I couldn't handle the catcalls of N----- Lover in the lates 70's in Indy
                      Today nobody thinks anything about interracial couples in Kansas or anywhere in the Midwest/US that I see

but CNN msnbc print media and presidential candidates sure tell me the opposite is true because of orange man
                      I know plenty of people who you have to steer clear of politics or religion because of the anti-Islamic rhetoric. They start prattling on about Sharia law or some other nonsense.

Comment

• but CNN msnbc print media and presidential candidates sure tell me the opposite is true because of orange man
                        The narrative and the agenda is pretty clear. It's not based on any sort of credible facts, but it's good enough to convince those who hate PDJT and desperately want to see AmeriKKKa as a racist hellhole.
                        Last edited by iam416; August 8, 2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Man, it takes a lot of fucking chutzpah for any #GentryCommunist to say this, and Pocahontas is no exception. Surely she's smart enough to appreciate the dripping irony.

Comment

• The obvious answer is more gun laws. The ones on the books have worked quite well.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Quite the difference from "seems" and "is".

Comment

• The current racially motivated violent extremist threat is decentralized and primarily characterized by lone actors
                                So, yeah.

But, sure, White Nationalism is everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X