No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing subjective is your posts speculating there are wiser people behind the scenes really running things. The soap opera aspect is real because he shitcans anyone who tries to temper his nonsense. How many advisors and cabinet members have been fired, replaced or left because of his tantrums? . They've never adaquately staffed the executive branch. It's like you are in an alternate universe. He's been running things by tweet and any thing suggesting the contrary is wish casting. He just announced another retaliatory tariff extension by tweet as you were posting your rosy optimism.

Comment

• Comment

• The people who "might" stand up to Trump or work against him behind his back are mostly gone. It's largely careerists and sycophants in the Administration now.

Comment

• Chairman Kim sends Trump off to France with a two missile salute

Comment

• Comment

• The tariffs will continue until the economy improves

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The only thing subjective is your posts speculating there are wiser people behind the scenes really running things. The soap opera aspect is real because he shitcans anyone who tries to temper his nonsense. How many advisors and cabinet members have been fired, replaced or left because of his tantrums? . They've never adaquately staffed the executive branch. It's like you are in an alternate universe. He's been running things by tweet and any thing suggesting the contrary is wish casting. He just announced another retaliatory tariff extension by tweet as you were posting your rosy optimism.
                Take reality TV, Wives of LA or Atlanta for example. These shows represent a good example of the soap opera twists and plots being reported by the media that generate clicks by US consumers of news coming out of Washington. Those clicks go on to advance the fortunes of the editors and tweeters who make them without facts that support a particular claim ..... like the one from James Pethokoukis you posted. On what basis does he make those claims? I'm not disputing them. They may have a basis but I'd like to understand the basis upon which he makes them.

The reports of the comings and goings of various high and low level people within the Trump administration are no different than the predominantly subjective assertions from various people on Trump's approach to trade. They are just more sexy stories that garner interest. People read it like they do the front page of the National Inquirer standing in the checkout line at Kroger.

The facts on the economic ground belie the view that the risk to the global and US economy of Trump's trade wars outweigh the benefits of extracting concessions from the Chinese on both the macro and micro economic levels. Nothing has fundamentally changed with respect to what Trump wants to achieve. What has changed, grown louder, is the doomsday, apocalyptic and psychotic characterization of them and most of that is for purely political purposes.

You don't have to agree with the Trump administration's goals or the methods to achieve them. You just have to understand them. After that, make reasonable judgments on the efficacy of both based on the facts, not the tweets of Pethokukis who is a vocal critic of Trump's methodology but not his goals. Why not the goals? Because the goals are legitimate. Every document I read about China's trade practices written by trade economists opine, in varying degrees, that China is trading unfairly on the global trade stage. There are widely varying opinions on how to get the Chinese Communists to trade fairly in a global market comprised of nations whose governing principals are generally based on Capitalism. There are reasonable debates on Trump's methods to achieve the goals he and his advisers have laid out versus, for example, using organizations like the WTO designed to facilitate dialogue and resolution of trade disputes between nations.

Instead, here in the US, we get claims of a psychotic president surrounded by idiots advising him that, together, they are leading the global economy to ruin. But what about the "red flags," the Inverted Yield Curve, the soy bean farmers, business and consumer confidence levels, employment, fiscal and monetary policy? We can debate those and how impactful the US-China trade tensions are on the various sectors within which a particular "red flag" might apply. But it is a waste of time to argue subjective assessments such as the ones that Pethokoukis offers in a recent tweet or whether or not the president's advisers are comprised of sychophantic idiots and yes men. Hell, I don't know. They could be but who cares if the trade end game is achieved by this particular president after previous administrations covering the last two decades have gotten no where with China on trade?
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tldr

Comment

• Countries benefiting from the US-Sino trade spat.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Tldr
                      Shruggs ........ all I know is that you and DSL will be out searching for bad news in this mornings papers......focusing on unsupported assertions about the efficacy of whatever programs that have been implemented by all the crazies in government.

Don't miss all the news about the G7 and the ridiculous reading between the lines of what the leaders are saying. Soap opera. I know you'll both eagerly watch.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's all going great. What isn't going great is the media's fault.

Comment

• It's an emergency. I could do it if I want. I don't have any plan. Things are actually going very well right now with them. Word salad

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There's been at least three mass shootings in the past 9 months, two at synagogues, all done in the name of white nationalism. A bunch of others have been arrested before they could act. The FBI itself says white nationalism is the greatest source of domestic terrorists and they are on the rise.

But hey. I know. Those tranny ball-waxers. Why isn't more being done to stop them? They imperil us all.

Comment

• Oh and when a D wins office we won't celebrate life fantastic; we'll go back to ignoring politics most of the time. Like the good old days.

Comment

Working...
                                X