No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trump should wait and see who the democratic nominee is before dropping these items--especially if biden gets the nomination. what did you know Joe and when did you know it.

guess Obama is not too worried about oceans rising buying his latest spread right on the water forecasted by the doom and gloom warming alarmists to be under water in 20 years

Comment

• lol
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Great big eyeroll.

Any minute now, Trump is going to play that gigantic Ace in the Hole that he has been holding and drain that swamp.

Comment

• The EU needs the UK. The UK needs the EU. Once they get over the jilted, scorned lover spite they will both will realize that and hard borders will soften with trade if for no other reason than the EU is 2/3 dead weight and they need UK dollars to help keep shitholes like Bulgaria, Malta and Cypress (etc) solvent.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Incidentally I don't know what to make of today's news. Wait, yes I do ........ I have had a Zodiak Vodka Martini and am currently sipping on Maker's Mark with a splash of soda.

Of course the press is painting Trump as an idiot in his participation in the G7. Never mind he thinks climate issues should be down the list of world priorities. I agree. Two things: (1) A strong US and global economy, favorable monetary policy that promotes investment will provide the technical solutions to the very real problem of global warming. Capping carbon emissions is fine/helpful but make that a local not a global mandate. (2) Free trade with the Chicoms recognizing they have to embrace structural change to participate in global wealth building.

Or that he thinks Russia should play a part in the G7 (I'm undecided but leaning towards it).

Or that other leaders - from the liberal EU - think Trump's trade stance with China is a losing proposition. I disagree - press on to get the Chicoms to do what the world is asking them to do and no US administration has held their fucking feet to the fire until now. The US dollar reigns supreme - use it to force change.

Then we have Boris Johnson asking the Queen to suspend Parliament AND SHE AGREES!

What this amounts to is a declaration that he knows best how to get GB out of the fucking EU and Queen Elizabeth agrees with him. Cool!. What a great Queen she has been and is. Read her history. A tough one - Victoria tough - if there ever has been one. I agree with Jonson (and the Queen) on the basis that no entity, especially one that thinks it is OK and requires EU members to conform to a liberally defined world order, should be allowed to dictate the policy - on a bunch of different levels - of a sovereign state. You don't want immigrants from Africa and the ME flooding your boarders, disrupting the social order, because of the shit-hole conditions in the countries they are trying to flee? Fuck that. Go home, fix your governments democratically, we will provide resources to help you do that. You don't want the EU dictating how your manufacturing capacity will be bounded by unrealistically achievable safety or emissions standards? Get out.

I think I like Boris Johnson. Very much like PDJT but without the penchant to have good policy poorly executed and/or defined in the public eye by dumb tweets.
            Do you want the Troubles to come back? That's what this latest gambit is about.

Comment

• The EU needs the UK. The UK needs the EU. Once they get over the jilted, scorned lover spite they will both will realize that and hard borders will soften with trade if for no other reason than the EU is 2/3 dead weight and they need UK dollars to help keep shitholes like Bulgaria, Malta and Cypress (etc) solvent.
              Exactly.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The EU crafted a deal for Britain to leave, Johnson wants no deal. Its less about a jilted lover scenario than he's trying to run out the clock.

Comment

• The EU crafted a [shitty unacceptable] deal for Britain to leave.

Fixed.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The EU crafted deal was ridiculous.

Comment

• So what do you do with Ireland? Its a big deal that the Brexiters gave no thought to.

Comment

• Putin orders his cock holster to delay/end Ukrainian arms sales. His sniveling bitch complies.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The long term solution to the Irish problem is to give Northern Ireland to the Republic. Everyone pretty much realizes knows this and even most Tories in their heart of hearts are probably indifferent. But they also know any English politician who tries to do it is getting car bombed.

Comment

• Yep that's probably right. A hard border hurts Northern Ireland much more than it will hurt Ireland.

Comment

• This news surprises nobody
                              Official site of The Week Magazine, offering commentary and analysis of the day's breaking news and current events as well as arts, entertainment, people and gossip, and political cartoons.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X